Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-03-17, 02:27   Link #1
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
AVG, wtf

Does anyone having problems lately with playing YouTube videos after updating to the latest version of AVG? I'm not sure why, but AVG is blocking me from streaming on YouTube yet I can stream fine on other sides such as Veoh. If you have similar problems or possible solutions, please post!

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure what's going on, but apparently I can load 75% of all YouTube videos now. It is my assumption that it's really YouTube's fault and they're fixing stuff...I think. There could be no other reason why I'm slowly able to view them again...right?

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-03-19 at 20:55.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 03:25   Link #2
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Does anyone having problems lately with playing YouTube videos after updating to the latest version of AVG? I'm not sure why, but AVG is blocking me from streaming on YouTube yet I can stream fine on other sides such as Veoh. If you have similar problems or possible solutions, please post!
Which version of AVG is that? I'm using AVG AS with YouTube and it is fine. One thing I did notice is that YouTube runs some of its flash off another site which made my noscript go gah gah. Could it be related?

*Edit*

Just tried AVG AV Free 7.5 and it has no trouble with YouTube.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2008-03-17 at 03:37.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:19   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Actually, this could be related to the new Flash 9.0. I'm not sure what's really happening, but if I end the avg processes in the Windows Task Manager, then I'm able to watch YouTube. It's not that I can't watch flash, but YouTube won't load. I tried turning on AVG then watch the videos that were already loaded, and they work fine. However, the new ones won't load. I'm really not sure now if it's an AVG or Flash issue, or both.

And I did try to uninstall flash, restart, and re-install it like YouTube says. And I also have AVG 7.5. YouTube did also say that new Flash makes it so you cannot upload videos to YouTube from FireFox (the browser I'm using). Could this be related?
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-17, 04:41   Link #4
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I have no problems with the AVG 7.5 server edition here. I am using flash player version 9.0.47.0.
Old 2008-03-18, 08:04   Link #5
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I haven't noticed anything odd like that (I use firefox and avg as well). The only odd thing I've noticed since the flash update is that certain sites with flash now prevent Youtube videos from opening in another tab unless I close the tab with the site on it.
Old 2008-03-18, 09:20   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Perhaps AVG is scanning the stream as it arrives?

Does it automatically scan objects downloaded from the web? If so, try turning that feature off and see if it helps.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-18, 16:10   Link #7
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Perhaps AVG is scanning the stream as it arrives?

Does it automatically scan objects downloaded from the web? If so, try turning that feature off and see if it helps.
Now I would turn it off only temporary, because this feature saved me once (okay that doesn't sound like much... but what do I know, how much trouble this could have meant ). Afaik this component is called resident shield in AVG.