AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-18, 12:59   Link #9021
SockMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Too bad Zenkichi was not there.

No rules while he's around.
Well, Devil style doesn't mean that there isn't rules. It just means that Zen can keep the impossible from happening. In this situation, he probably would have prevented anyone from finding a loop hole in the rules or springing up a surprise condition of the rule in the nick of time.

I am trying to figure out how the caught Shiranui. Her ability is called "Rule eater" after all and she has been known to get away with breaking the rules before.
SockMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 13:11   Link #9022
Naginoura
匂宮家

I think most of you are jumping to conclusions way too quick. Nisio has never been a writer who contradicted himself —at least not without good reason and sound explanation. If the Jokers lost in some way, we'll get a proper explanation why.

In the mean time, I'm more curious about the sub-family members than anything else. Since the word sub-family entered the manga, everything began feeling more like a Nisio work and seeing the first 8 members, it looks like Kurokami family's sub-families are as crazy as those in Zaregoto. =w=

(A tiny note: I don't understand why people keep calling Nisio a troll. Troll is way too crass and insulting. It's one thing to be an incompetent writer and say "I'll do that" and not do it, and another thing to be a skilled writer and shock your readers every time simply by being unpredictable. No definition of troll is fitting for what Nisio does... Sure it's easy to say troll and people will keep calling him a troll, so who am I to say anything —thus just a tiny note.)

(It's "Real Eater - 正喰者")

Last edited by Naginoura; 2012-05-18 at 14:24.
Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 13:12   Link #9023
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockMonster View Post
Well, Devil style doesn't mean that there isn't rules. It just means that Zen can keep the impossible from happening. In this situation, he probably would have prevented anyone from finding a loop hole in the rules or springing up a surprise condition of the rule in the nick of time.

I am trying to figure out how the caught Shiranui. Her ability is called "Rule eater" after all and she has been known to get away with breaking the rules before.
It is actually called REAL Eater...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 13:18   Link #9024
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

if Medaka lost she would have married the winner already. So since the fight is still going on, she and her group has not lost.
Old 2012-05-18, 19:33   Link #9025
MD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
if Medaka lost she would have married the winner already. So since the fight is still going on, she and her group has not lost.
Maybe the current trial is a week-long endurance contest, and Medaka is going through it right now.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 19:38   Link #9026
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
Maybe the current trial is a week-long endurance contest, and Medaka is going through it right now.
that is what my money, a ridiculous Nisio endurance contest.
Old 2012-05-18, 20:12   Link #9027
Wolfenstein

That would be far too easy, imo. It's probably something alot more ridiculous.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 01:38   Link #9028
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
When she lose > the suitors will have to fight among themselves to decide who will marry her.
(Not marrying one of them as soon as all of jokers lose.)
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:26   Link #9029
DawnEmperor

Such a cruel irony Zenkichi...(not only giving her the purpose she pursued for nearly fifteen years, but also inadvertently rejecting her).

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-05-19 at 08:54.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 04:40   Link #9030
ShiroiRyu

HAHAHA !
The rejection. XD
Old 2012-05-19, 06:07   Link #9031
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Actually, you can't really blame him though. Just how old was Zen when Medaka proposed to him? They were just freaking 2 years old and what's more they just met.

The gang didn't even worry when no one is piloting for them.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 06:41   Link #9032
Homura7

One of many flaws in Medaka: at the age of 2 she already had the brains of an adult, hence why that rejection hit her very hard when a normal child wouldn't even hesitate in first place.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 07:52   Link #9033
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

More naze pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 08:00   Link #9034
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Exactly why I call Medaka a smart dumb girl at that age. She's totally book smart but still a child, with social interaction and knowledge to match. Plus she failed to realize that unless they were abnormals, kids her age ain't that bright (though suddenly asking anyone to marry them after the first meeting is a surefire way of getting rejected regardless of age)

Anyway...it's nice to have a confirmation that Medaka IS indeed in love with Zenkichi and no like some people and Bukiko thought, that she kissed him but it just overflowing love with no deep meaning behind it. Apparently the only thing keeping her back is the fact that she is too dumb to realize Zenkichi was a 2 year old kid she didn't even know when he rejected her...

You know...it's not often we get a reverse childhood promise like this, what with every other MC in mange promising to marry their childhood friend when they are older. I love you for this Nishio.

I might be wrong, but it looks to me that Medaka and her team lost. From the way Bukiko was talking it looked like Medaka is being kept in chains as a prize, possibly until the rest of the suitors decide who gets to marry her.

Now to NAZE-CHAN! Nothing needs to be said...I'm just very satisfied and happy with every single moment she's involved in this chapter. Love how she showed no hesitation but at the same time is her usual case of being crazy prepared.

OH yes and...Zen Harem having a party in the back seat of the plane...approved.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 08:54   Link #9035
Wolfenstein

So, uh, Medaka thinks Zenkichi friendzoned her at the age of 2, when since then, he has been trying to friendzone everyone but Medaka.

And he dosen't even remember rejecting her.

Haha. Keep trolling.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:42   Link #9036
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

...Weeeeelllll~ Ain't this a kicker... If it's like this, then her behavior towards him is almost completely explained with just those few panels....

If only those two heard each other's words from the last few chapters...

"I am the one who will marry Medaka-chan. How did you know?"

Medaka: ... ZENKICHIIII~!!!

So wait, hypo-speaking, if Zen had said 'YES', then her 'born to help other people' wouldn't have been so straight-minded as she became in her later years. Funny...
Old 2012-05-19, 12:47   Link #9037
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
So, uh, Medaka thinks Zenkichi friendzoned her at the age of 2, when since then, he has been trying to friendzone everyone but Medaka.

And he dosen't even remember rejecting her.

Haha. Keep trolling.
That was funny. It's seem I was right this arc is for fix this big misunderstanding
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 12:51   Link #9038
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I'm somewhat sure that Zenkichi is aware of this.
This is why he's so confident that if he confessed to her, they would be in a relationship already, which is why he's waiting so she can live her life freely.
He knows he can do it at any second, so why rush things.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:18   Link #9039
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
That was funny. It's seem I was right this arc is for fix this big misunderstanding
Even the events till now in the arc seem to be leading to it. That's why its way too suspicious.

I don't think it will happen at all , at-least for now, and probably there will be some sort of twist that will lead the arc in another direction.
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-19, 13:34   Link #9040
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thth View Post
I don't think it will happen at all , at-least for now, and probably there will be some sort of twist that will lead the arc in another direction.
Yeah, the pace is way too fast, as compared to the previous two battle arcs.

I somewhat suspect they're going to return to Hakoniwa to find it in ruins...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council