AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2010-10-07, 20:03   Link #101
pampz21
ShipCore

Question....where does Ryner and Tia meet? and is Ryner a famous alpha stigma bearer?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 20:50   Link #102
larethian

@ShiroiRyu

Like what Teh Ping said. You just need to create an account at the wiki. If you are looking for just new pages, you can watch the registration page for my project which is linked from the main page of the project, since I will definitely update a chapter as 'completed' or the progress % if I'm posting incomplete chapters. However, for modifications of existing pages, like corrections etc., you would have to watch the individual pages. Or you can just check the "Recent Changes" daily and hang out at B-T . I might create an "Updates" section in the talk page of the main pagein future, but not in the main page since it clutters up the already very long main page.

Just to add:
Spoiler for eyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Question....where does Ryner and Tia meet? and is Ryner a famous alpha stigma bearer?
Spoiler for Ryner & Tiia encounter:

Last edited by larethian; 2010-10-07 at 21:05.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-07, 22:03   Link #103
pampz21
ShipCore

wow...so Shion really is gonna be an enemy! killing his own BFF! Country or Friend...Shion must really love his country!....
anyways looks like Tiia is a man to look forward...cuz he look like Lulu?...
BTW who's his seiyuu?

EDIT: Read the prologue of vol.6 man! talk about a hentai-father and mother!

Q>in the prologue of the vol.1 dai denyuden....was the one speaking there Ryner? or the Lonely Demon?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-10-07 at 23:07.
Old 2010-10-08, 00:21   Link #104
ShiroiRyu

Thanks a lot for your answer about B-T.
And for the spoilers, need to saw it in anime.
My first time i read Light Novels in B-T. (always thought that will kill my eyes. ^^)
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 00:43   Link #105
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Q>in the prologue of the vol.1 dai denyuden....was the one speaking there Ryner? or the Lonely Demon?
I honestly don't know, but my guess is the later since in Japanese, it uses "boku" for I, and Ryner never use that.
Old 2010-10-08, 00:54   Link #106
pampz21
ShipCore

hohh~....btw thx for the translation.....I nver cried while reading a LN before...Ryner and Shion's parting was so sad...it made me cry! for that thank you!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-10-08, 05:39   Link #107
azziz

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I honestly don't know, but my guess is the later since in Japanese, it uses "boku" for I, and Ryner never use that.
wasn't the purpose to underline the similarity between ryner and the lonely demon?
(the Ld with godess of fate? and ryner whis...his harem?and of course there's also mad hero-ld and sion-ryner)
what i don't get is the differance between lucile'half and ryner other half:does the have opposite self-will?
and can you tell me what the goddess and the ld said(within ryner mind)to each other in dai vol.5-when ryner recover his memrie:did she gave up killing him(with her curse)sinse they have both the same enemie?(:sion-mad hero and lucille)
yet it seem she will send(judging from illustration)tiia to kill ryner's father afterward,did i guess right?
hope this time my question aren't too dificult
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 06:49   Link #108
lightbringer
M9000

It's not like it's uncommon in Japanese light novels, but Kagami-sensei sure loves his fragment sentences. Rendered in English, it's almost unbearable to read it. Still, very good job with the translation!
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 07:42   Link #109
Used Can

Quote:
Doesn't the Lonely One uses "jibun"? I think he also uses "jibun" for Ryner, which is rather funny.
Old 2010-10-08, 10:45   Link #110
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
It's not like it's uncommon in Japanese light novels, but Kagami-sensei sure loves his fragment sentences. Rendered in English, it's almost unbearable to read it. Still, very good job with the translation!
Heheh. Kagami sensei's artistic language leanings is really uncommon though. His 'fragmentation' is on a different level. I tried to defrag the sentences once, but it didn't really work out and didn't feel right. Though you shoud have seen my first drafts which were barely readable LOL. And on top of that my project has no editor. But anyway thanks!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Doesn't the Lonely One uses "jibun"? I think he also uses "jibun" for Ryner, which is rather funny.
Used_Can, jibun is not really a pronoun, though sometimes it might appeared to be used as one. There is no conflict in me using 'boku' and 'jibun' in my speech pattern because they are different grammatical types. But it will be inconsistent of my speech pattern if I sometimes use 'boku', sometimes use 'watashi', sometimes use 'ore', unless I clearly don't want to be rude or too casual. The closest generic equivalent to 'jibun' will probably be 'oneself', and it should really be translated as 'himself', 'herself', 'myself', 'yourself' depending on context. And that's also the reason why he uses 'jibun' for both himself and Ryner, since it's legitimate! If he talks to Ryner, and if jibun refers to him, then it's 'yourself', if referring to himself, then it's 'myself'. But anyway Ryner has only used 'ore' throughout the entire series if I'm not mistaken, and finally 'jibun' is not a pronoun, I repeat.

Oh yeah, I notice some posts have no spoiler tags. Though I'm not the moderator, I know some anime watchers only want to be selectively spoiled, so be nice LOL!

Last edited by larethian; 2010-10-08 at 11:51.
Old 2010-10-08, 12:24   Link #111
Used Can

Quote:
Used_Can, jibun is not really a pronoun, though sometimes it might appeared to be used as one. There is no conflict in me using 'boku' and 'jibun' in my speech pattern because they are different grammatical types. But it will be inconsistent of my speech pattern if I sometimes use 'boku', sometimes use 'watashi', sometimes use 'ore', unless I clearly don't want to be rude or too casual. The closest generic equivalent to 'jibun' will probably be 'oneself', and it should really be translated as 'himself', 'herself', 'myself', 'yourself' depending on context. And that's also the reason why he uses 'jibun' for both himself and Ryner, since it's legitimate! If he talks to Ryner, and if jibun refers to him, then it's 'yourself', if referring to himself, then it's 'myself'. But anyway Ryner has only used 'ore' throughout the entire series if I'm not mistaken, and finally 'jibun' is not a pronoun, I repeat.
I know "jibun" is not a pronoun, but you do find characters here and then who use only jibun, and no other pronouns. While reading the Lonely One's lines, I remember him only using "jibun". I really don't remember using any pronoun, but I should probably re-read.

Quote:
Oh yeah, I notice some posts have no spoiler tags. Though I'm not the moderator, I know some anime watchers only want to be selectively spoiled, so be nice LOL!
I don't think you need spoiler tags here, since this is the LN discussion thread.
It's up to you to use them or not, if you think what you're about to type will seriously spoil the fun for others.
Old 2010-10-10, 04:07   Link #112
pampz21
ShipCore

Can someone tell me about Milk?other than her being a goddess?
what happen to her after Ryner and Ferris left Roland and does she know about Keifer?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2010-10-10, 09:32   Link #113
tsunade666

after reading the updates from where I left on page 1.

my question is when did Milk awaken on being a Goddess? and what happen that lead on Milk awakening and after that what did she do or plan to do.
Old 2010-10-11, 11:11   Link #114
larethian

This is a discussion on Ferris sparked off by ZoboCamel here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...26#post3292425

Ryner and Sion are Ferris's only friends outside of the Eris family. She practically knows nobody else. During the first encounter with Ryner, she already started teasing him. There's a reason for that. If you read in between the lines, she already knew about Ryner before she met him. She read his report before going to pick him up, and when she read the report, she felt that this guy is a naive idiot, but yet she doesn't exactly dislike the way he thinks, and the reason was because of what she experienced in her past. But still she felt that his way of thinking still borders on naivety. So before going to pick him up, which can be inferred, she already has intention of teasing him a little. And she started enjoying it and this kind of carries on and on. In time, her bullying of Ryner did two main things:
1. It helps her get back her emotions gradually.
2. She did it many times on purpose to distract Ryner from his suicidal tendencies. Well, suicidal may be a strong word as Ryner is not actively suicidal, but he finds hardly any meaning in life till he met Sion and Ferris.

Of course regarding the dango, she's just obsessed with it to the point of making it a religion. This is just part of her character. Few points in the novel illustrating her obsession with dango and how her life revolves around it:
1. She extends the 3 basic needs of survival to 4 to include dango.
2. It's her dream to hold a large-scale grand dango party.
3. Her fashion sense is driven by dango; she chose a dress that has dango-like patterns.
4. She will secure her dango even during battle.
5. many more...
Old 2010-10-22, 00:28   Link #115
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
May I ask some question

What Objective of God Eyes Group ?
Who's member of Anti Roland other than Ryner and co ?
Old 2010-10-24, 18:29   Link #116
Tennyo777
General Addict
*Artist

Ok... I just started watching the anime to this series about a week ago and have been a little confused about the details. Nonetheless, I still am very interested in the story. I would love to read the light novel, but sadly I can't read a lick of Japanese. =( So far I've gathered from various sources that Sion is going to turn bad (or is it that he was never good to begin with?). Which really upsets me because so far he is by far my favorite character, and he seems to really care for Ryner and vice versa (actually Ryner really seems to believe in him tremendously.). It would really be heartbreaking if one of these two ended up killing one or the other.
The anime has frustrated me because I don't know peoples true intentions. Like what the heck is Milk's place in all this, and how in the world did Ryner and Ferris end up trusting the "taboo-breaker squad" thing when they are supposed to be trying to kill Ferris and Ryner or did Sion just send them out because he knew that Milk wouldn't kill Ryner; Acting as Miran states in the anime, as the "lynchpin" that keeps Ryner from leaving Sion. In that case does Sion care for him or is he just monitoring him because of his power???? I've been hearing a lot of the Lonely Demon, The Mad Hero, and The Goddesses, but none of if as come up in the anime besides a brief introduction. Man I wish I could read Japanese..... Sorry I've kinda rambled on this, but basically I really like the basis of the story and would like to understand a little better. The story really seems to have an overwhelmingly sad undercurrent and I guess I can only hope it turns out well in the end.

Anyway, I just started reading the translations that Larethian has posted (BTW, Thank you very much for posting what you have so far, Larethian!), but should I wait and finish up watching the anime before I start reading DaiDenYuDen?

Last edited by Tennyo777; 2010-10-24 at 19:04.
Tennyo777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 21:09   Link #117
larethian

yes you should finish the anime first, but it's really up to you. I'll love to translate the prequel but just pray for more translators, because otherwise it will take me half a decade to finish everything.
Old 2010-10-24, 22:17   Link #118
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777 View Post
So far I've gathered from various sources that Sion is going to turn bad (or is it that he was never good to begin with?)
A turn of events will make Ryner be on the run from Sion. And Sion was a good man with good intentions to begin with when he became the King. But as the plot progressed, let's just say he chose the wrong path with good intentions still. A good way to describe this is "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennyo777
The anime has frustrated me because I don't know peoples true intentions. Like what the heck is Milk's place in all this, and how in the world did Ryner and Ferris end up trusting the "taboo-breaker squad" thing when they are supposed to be trying to kill Ferris and Ryner or did Sion just send them out because he knew that Milk wouldn't kill Ryner; Acting as Miran states in the anime, as the "lynchpin" that keeps Ryner from leaving Sion. In that case does Sion care for him or is he just monitoring him because of his power????
Milk's role in this story is revealed much later on. As to whether or not the anime reaches that point is still unknown. The anime showed why exactly Sion sent Milk's Taboo Squad out the first time it was shown. At least to me. Others might have to rewatch it a second time to get the general idea. He made up a fabricated story about how Ryner and Ferris escaped from the country to the Taboo Squad so that way the other countries won't find out they are searching for the Hero Relics. So Milk's Taboo Squad chasing Ryner and Ferris is just a cover so they won't be suspected of suspicious activities.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 23:13   Link #119
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
A turn of events will make Ryner be on the run from Sion. And Sion was a good man with good intentions to begin with when he became the King. But as the plot progressed, let's just say he chose the wrong path with good intentions still. A good way to describe this is "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".
not exactly true. you can't say his path is a 'wrong path'.
Old 2010-10-25, 01:30   Link #120
iceyfw

so how exactly would you go about describing his path way later in the sequel? his path is a path filled with righteousness with good intentions, but yet at the same time, it is a path filled with agony, turmoil, and no regrets?

who is to say if his current path in the novels is right or wrong? regardless of how he is doing it. that is up to the reader to decide. but his actions much later says to me he chose the wrong path of how to achieve his goals.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen