AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 22:41   Link #1
4Tran

Gundam 00 licensed by Bandai Entertainment

Bandai Entertainment have announced their license for Gundam 00 at Comic Con 2008. ANN report. At this point, we are assuming that this includes both seasons of the TV series.

Feel free to discuss the topic in this thread. And as usual, any discussion about where to download Gundam 00 anime is no longer allowed.
Old 2008-04-19, 06:39   Link #2
Blaat

I assume this is for both seasons, like with Code GeasS?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 06:42   Link #3
brightman
Ancient Member

That's unannounced. The ANN news only says 25 episodes though.
Old 2008-04-19, 07:00   Link #4
EXEs
Hallelujah...

I believe this is relevant to your interests: http://zip.4chan.org/m/res/1439173.html

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-04-19 at 08:36. Reason: Please don't post links to 4chan.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 08:35   Link #5
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
That's unannounced. The ANN news only says 25 episodes though.
Note though, ANN's mention of the number of episodes aired isn't part of Bandai Entertainment's announcements. That announcement doesn't actually detail either the episode number or the seasons licensed. Given that both seasons of Gundam 00 are effectively a single show, I think that it's safe to assume that the lack of any distinction between the seasons indicates that the whole thing is licensed.
Old 2008-04-19, 08:40   Link #6
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Note though, ANN's mention of the number of episodes aired isn't part of Bandai Entertainment's announcements. That announcement doesn't actually detail either the episode number or the seasons licensed. Given that both seasons of Gundam 00 are effectively a single show, I think that it's safe to assume that the lack of any distinction between the seasons indicates that the whole thing is licensed.
Let's say, if Bandai is to announce later that only S1 is licensed, will downloads for S2 be up again?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 09:56   Link #7
_Setsuna_
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to _Setsuna_
Mmh i guess that is more likely that Bandai is going to license also S2,it would not be really wise to license half a series :P!Btw its just my point of view
_Setsuna_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 11:29   Link #8
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post
Let's say, if Bandai is to announce later that only S1 is licensed, will downloads for S2 be up again?
they're not gonna license only season 1 though, they're probably gonna do the same thing that they did with Code Geass, and mention they're licence over S2 right before it airs.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 11:34   Link #9
4Tran

Quote:
Sure, but I don't think that that'll be very likely.

On a different note, Bandai Entertainment seems to be trying to secure a television broadcast for Gundam 00. Given the Gundam franchise's lacklustre ratings in the US, I'm curious as to which American channel would be a likely candidate for such a broadcast. If no broadcaster jumps at Gundam 00, there's a good chance that it might show up on Canadian TV first.
Old 2008-04-19, 12:28   Link #10
RedWing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
On a different note, Bandai Entertainment seems to be trying to secure a television broadcast for Gundam 00. Given the Gundam franchise's lacklustre ratings in the US.
It seems that they are going to try and compare it to gundam wing, which IIRC was a really popular franchise in US and UK.

“This is an exciting new incarnation of Gundam, with amazing animation, hard SF, post 9/11 storytelling, and an international appeal not seen since Gundam Wing. We are pleased to be bringing this much asked about series to the U.S.,” said Director of Marketing Robert Napton.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 13:23   Link #11
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quite interesting that they are trying to bring 00 into US for broadcast. A good sign, perhaps? Especially after the lukewarm reaction towards Seed.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 14:16   Link #12
Shiro-Oh!
Previously Unknown

Quote:
Quite interesting that they are trying to bring 00 into US for broadcast. A good sign, perhaps? Especially after the lukewarm reaction towards Seed.
It is indeed interesting; if the broadcast becomes quite successful, it might be able to help revive the dead franchise over the US.
Shiro-Oh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 17:04   Link #13
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

It would be nice if this series did indeed revive the whole gundam franchise in the us.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:08   Link #14
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Bandai Entertainment Gundam 00 press release
The details from Gundam Official (PDF).

frm gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 23:16   Link #15
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
It seems that they are going to try and compare it to gundam wing, which IIRC was a really popular franchise in US and UK.
I think that it was a foregone conclusion that Bandai Entertainment would go that route. Television is the primary way for an anime work to become a big money-maker in the US, and just about every licensor would love to have their shows end up on a prominent channel and in a good timeslot. Whether the broadcaster cooperates is always the bigger question.

Comparing Gundam 00 to Gundam Wing is also a pretty obvious move - Gundam Wing was the only Gundam show to make much of an impact in the US, and it's likely that the initial press releases for all the Gundam TV shows mentioned it (with the possible exception of Zeta Gundam).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro-Oh! View Post
It is indeed interesting; if the broadcast becomes quite successful, it might be able to help revive the dead franchise over the US.
If Gundam 00 doesn't succeed, then it's probably going to be a very long time until another Gundam show ends up on American television. As it stands, there's a chance that Bandai Entertainment can't find a broadcaster - Bandai Japan's demands towards both them and toy stores has lead to Gundam's extreme unpopularity among the involved companies.

Despite the two markets' seeming similarities, it's a very different story in Canada since both Seed and Destiny were well received (and well-treated for that matter) there. As a result, the outlook for Gundam there is much rosier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
And as for anime in the US, unless it's absolutely godly (Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Trigun...all of which just so happened to be more western with its guns and wild west type stuff), it's going to suck hard. Always and forever. American VAs love to botch everything.
Can you please lay off the complaining about the English voice acting until it's dubbed at least?
Old 2008-04-20, 06:14   Link #16
cristian

gundam

i heard that gundam 00 is is comming out on bleu-ray in japan like coded geass r2 is that treu
cristian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 06:56   Link #17
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristian View Post
i heard that gundam 00 is is comming out on bleu-ray in japan like coded geass r2 is that treu
Yes, the first volume is coming out this summer.
Old 2008-04-20, 17:29   Link #18
FireChick

YES! I KNEW IT TOO! I've been waiting for this! Allelujah! When will the first volume of this come out!?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 01:10   Link #19
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

I hope Bandai releases 00 in Full HD or else I'm going to pissed off... And I hope they let the voice actors watch through the whole 25 eps before they get anywhere near the mic .

Yes... Bandai noted how Gundam Seed/Destiny was a faliure by not mentioning it. Why? Because most of the content which made it good to most viewers; the fanservice , was cut out of it. Luckily 00 doesnt use fanservice to support it! There isnt much of 00 I would cut out of it (lets hope they dont get rid of the blood, because that will just be friggn stupid considering how live action movies have way more blood than anime).

Another reason is the bad airing time for GS/GSD...
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 12:28   Link #20
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I assume this is for both seasons, like with Code GeasS?
Well, as of the moment. Bandai is covering both seasons for Code Geass. Though, later on I'm pretty sure that Bandai will get the final season; which's usually 26-50 or 51 .

Seeing as FUNimation has the TSUBASA series covered (seasons 1 & 2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKPenalty
I hope Bandai releases 00 in Full HD or else I'm going to pissed off... And I hope they let the voice actors watch through the whole 25 eps before they get anywhere near the mic
Aren't all DVDs 16:9 (HD Format)?