AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-28, 08:33   Link #21
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

That would be bad, in terms of continuity, but its a parallel work so... :shrug:
Old 2008-07-28, 08:35   Link #22
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Wow this is very good news
i can't wait
Old 2008-07-28, 08:38   Link #23
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

this will be nice to see (the movie anyway) some redesigning of things. i cant wait either :P
Old 2008-07-28, 08:39   Link #24
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Aha, gotcha.
Well... waiting a bit is still better than "it's done, it's no more" slapped on our face, ne?
(Admitted, we can't be sure if we get what we want after the waiting... but anyway)
Seven Arcs wouldn't stop making the Nanoha franchise without giving it an ending that wraps things up in a way that there's nothing to look forward to (i.e. the status quo won't be evolving drastically in the near future; not necessarily anything depressing) unless they went under or split up, and they'd probably want to become a semi-successful studio outside of Nanoha before they did the former, seeing as how Nanoha is their cash cow.

I guess that I could accept this as a holdover while they write the 4th season's scenario (I already like where they're going with it just off of that pic... hopefully they don't just abandon Ginga's squad during the 4th season), but still, that's a long ways off.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:48   Link #25
LazyCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
hopefully they don't just abandon Ginga's squad during the 4th season)
yeah well we already know how good they are at abandoning characters ~cough Alisa, Suzuka, Nanohas like entire family ~cough
Old 2008-07-28, 08:48   Link #26
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

HOLY CRAP!
This sure is hot news!!!

So its a re-telling of the first Nanoha season...seems like they'll do A's as well, seeing that theres the "1st" subtitle in the title. But anyways, I like Nanoha's redesigned outfit and their devices are really detailed and redesigned as well. Damn, never would have thought that they would do a Nanoha movie...maybe this is redemption for StrikerS...since that was an average season.

As for the new sketches of the Strikers gang, I smell a new season coming up....and judging from those sketches, lets hope it will be heavily based on the Strikers and not much on the aces, even though they are the main characters of the series. They really do look older...maybe 3 years have passed?

But overall, exciting news!!! December '09 huh...still far, but lets hope for a 4th season prior to the movie release!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:53   Link #27
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
yeah well we already know how good they are at abandoning characters ~cough Alisa, Suzuka, Nanohas like entire family ~cough
And more importantly, Arf and Chrono.

Yeah, this is why we have reason to worry.

(I'm sure that the Numbers will at least get cameo roles, but I like the idea of more Wendi, Sein, and Cinque screentime; they seemed cool, and their lack of screentime and development was one of my biggest complaints about StrikerS)
Old 2008-07-28, 08:59   Link #28
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Wait, those sketches are just for another drama CD??!!!

Theres two new characters though...one is named Lunesa Magnes (the lady with glasses) and Volts Stun (the guy who looks like he could be Erio's dad )

But not to go off topic, since this is for the movie...its being called "parallel" to the canon storyline...so is it a re-telling of the 1st season with some story elements being changed to fit it all into the appropriate movie length?
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:04   Link #29
LazyCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
And more importantly, Arf and Chrono.

Yeah, this is why we have reason to worry.
Hey at least they were seen at least once during the 3rd season (chrono a bit more then once but yeah..) Nanoha's two best friends and and her whole family, she completely leaves them behind, never visited or anything, for some reason that bugged me and i dont know why D:

Edit: hm i guess i can understand she might have been busy with training the rookies and what not but still >.>
Old 2008-07-28, 09:10   Link #30
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Hey at least they were seen at least once during the 3rd season (chrono a bit more then once but yeah..) Nanoha's two best friends and and her whole family, she completely leaves them behind, never visited or anything, for some reason that bugged me and i dont know why D:

Edit: hm i guess i can understand she might have been busy with training the rookies and what not but still >.>
They were off on a completely different world and didn't have anything to do with the TSAB, so as awesome as the idea of Burning Arisa is, I didn't mind them being left out as much.

Arf getting like 45 seconds of screentime throughout the whole show and Chrono only getting a couple of minutes was shit, though.
Old 2008-07-28, 09:10   Link #31
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I know that. That's what I'm complaining about.

I'd MUCH rather see a 4th season with more Teana and Ginga's combat cyborg special forces squad than an alternate retelling of the first two seasons.

Its rage inducing to see that pic dangled in front of my face while this news is breaking, knowing that these movies are going to be their focus for the next two years and that we probably won't be seeing a 4th season until late 2010.

Fuck this. Give us a 4th season. Or at least make the movies post-StrikerS.
LIES!

First things first then the rest later!

There is nothing better than the all the things that started everything off!

I am so much happy about this than a fourth season!

Though, what would've been better is the coverage of the High School years (Post A's)

The re-make of season one is very much appreciated (makes me think of a certain big green monster).

I don't know what they are going to change since the season was great by its self but really, another Fate/Nanoha first meeting, again, now that is jack pot!

I think this is the only series ever to have granted all my wishes!

I love you Seven Arcs!
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:14   Link #32
LazyCanuck

i still want something that shows what happened between A's and StrikerS, mabye not EVERYTHING but i want more animated elaborations on what happened to Nanoha and how she recovered and ect

10 years is a big gap, they could put something in there, but this movie is a start
Old 2008-07-28, 09:18   Link #33
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
LIES!

Though, what would've been better is the coverage of the High School years (Post A's)

The re-make of season one is very much appreciated (makes me think of a certain big green monster).

I don't know what they are going to change since the season was great by its self but really, another Fate/Nanoha first meeting, again, now that is jack pot!

I think this is the only series ever to have granted all my wishes!

I love you Seven Arcs!
Amen to that~ The only thing greater than this news would be news of a post-A's prequel explaining what happened between A's and StrikerS. Or a spin-off where NanoFate enjoy their teenage years at school. :3
And to wrap it up, a Beach Ova~ Followed by a 4th season. Ah, bliss.
Old 2008-07-28, 09:25   Link #34
Bloodseeker

Quote:
i still want something that shows what happened between A's and StrikerS, mabye not EVERYTHING but i want more animated elaborations on what happened to Nanoha and how she recovered and ect

10 years is a big gap, they could put something in there, but this movie is a start
From what we've heard of it, it sounds more like supplemental manga material than movie/OVA material to me.

They were rarely working together (and Nanoha and Fate never worked together between As and the As to StrikerS manga, IIRC), so a movie or OVA would either have a weird flow or would be sorely lacking in certain members, and a set with each movie/ova telling a story for a different member sounds like kind kind of a weird flow too.
Old 2008-07-28, 09:25   Link #35
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Eyes View Post
LIES!

So Nanoha-mama and Fate-mama is worthless?

Don't write off StrikerS because the cast is no longer loli, I rather like them mature.

Actually... I discovered another thing I don't really like about the movie: More shafting of Hayate. -_- Even now people talk about 'NanoFate's years at school' what happened to Hayate?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:30   Link #36
LazyCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Actually... I discovered another thing I don't really like about the movie: More shafting of Hayate. -_- Even now people talk about 'NanoFate's years at school' what happened to Hayate?

I never really liked Hayate that much to be honest, to me she jsut seemed like the 3rd wheel thrown into the NanoFate pair,i dont mean this as a Yuri thing either, i donno she just kinda appears at the end as some super powerful mage out of no where with Rein II, and somehow gets a higher ranking then both Nanoha and Fate in strikers, bleh
Old 2008-07-28, 09:32   Link #37
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I'm probably looking forward to the 1st for the redesigned devices and maybe better storyboarding... But I wonder how would they do it without making it too truncated. Granted they'll have an easier time than a Zeta remake, but... After the disaster in StrikerS?

And yeah, no Hayate. Again.

Where is Aaron? <.<

EDIT: Got ninja'd.
Old 2008-07-28, 09:33   Link #38
-Breakthrough-

A correction has been made, the movie is THIS winter. But either way, awesome news and that StrikerS scan, who knows...maybe a new season in the works.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:35   Link #39
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*sigh* well, I guess that explains Hayate's shafting partially. People just see her as interference with NanoFate, and anything that interferes with NanoFate is evil and destined to be shafted.

I mean, the whole of A's revolved around Hayate, and people praise A's to no end! It wasn't until she became a member of the group that she was shafted.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 09:38   Link #40
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Not like we have much power over 4chan or 2chan; We're all she's got it seems sometimes.

Tags
movie