AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 60 Rating
Perfect 10 45 71.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 3.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-13, 10:48   Link #61
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I wonder why they need 64 episodes... with this space it all can be covered in next 2 episodes aka in 63 episodes... are they going to drag things out or do a recap/summarize episode as last?
No the last chapter was over 100 pages so they probably figured they wanted to spend more time on it. I don't see why this is a bad thing, I am really thankful the last episode will be less rushed now.
Old 2010-06-13, 10:49   Link #62
kitten320

Well I guess they could add some parts to the ending
Old 2010-06-13, 10:49   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah there's silly no way they would have been able to fit everything in 63 episodes after finding out that the last chapter was 100 pages. It's the right decision to make.

Quote:
Well I guess they could add some parts to the ending
I hope not. So far there's only been a few added material here and there to this adaptation and it didn't effect the story in anyway, so there's no point in adding material now that will do just that. Let's just have a nice clean adaptation all the way to the end please.
Old 2010-06-13, 11:56   Link #64
kitten320

Just because chapter is 100 pages long, doesn't automaticly make it something huge in anime case. One episode usually covers about 2 or more chapters here. The whole final fighting can easily take one episode and then one more for final conclusion... I really don't see how they can stretch it for one more episode without adding stuff.

The new episode 61 had completly covered chapter 105 and was almost done with chapter 106, only about 10 pages were left out. So basicly episode 62 can easily cover the left chapter 106, fully chapter 107 and maybe a bit of chapter 108. And even if it won't touch chapter 108 we still have episode 63 in which the whole chapter 108 can easily fit.

So yeh, I don't see it lasting till episode 64 without added material or making it as a simple recap episode.
Old 2010-06-13, 12:25   Link #65
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
So yeh, I don't see it lasting till episode 64 without added material or making it as a simple recap episode.
& i can . That's just different opinions for you.
Old 2010-06-13, 14:46   Link #66
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

king bradley is awesome till the end
Old 2010-06-13, 14:53   Link #67
Lumine
Band Army Member

Where's Ep 61 thread?

also, 3 more episodes to go
Old 2010-06-13, 15:15   Link #68
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

In the last few eps I'd been thinking that Brotherhood has been so good, so epic, for so many weeks in a row that it had to have blown it's wad too early...I was actually getting concerned thinking "It's just too good"...That I'd be desensitized by the final fight since there's been a ton of final fights already (Here I was thinking Kimbley vs. Al was the apex of the series at the time)...But this shit...This shit just opened a can of worms and whip-a$$ I could have never envisioned in a thousand years...I literally thought everyone was about to die and the rest of the series would just be Gate-World dream sequences (Hell this might still be the case)...

That little muthereffer in that little muthereffin flask...He ain't little no more ...I have no idea what to expect, what's truly going on, or any scenario in the history of anime that has prepared me for what's to come... What will destroy or defeat this spawn of what seems far worse than hell is an enigma I can't even find the starting point for...As I screamed "Holy $hit!!" at this THING exiting the glass doors of WTFville, I realize there's nothing holy about any of this...

Perfect 10, may be perhaps, the most perfect 10 of perfect 10 eps of anime I have ever watched...The reason being is, I don't f*cking know!
Old 2010-06-13, 16:09   Link #69
Kirarakim

Quote:
Just because chapter is 100 pages long, doesn't automaticly make it something huge in anime case. One episode usually covers about 2 or more chapters here. The whole final fighting can easily take one episode and then one more for final conclusion... I really don't see how they can stretch it for one more episode without adding stuff.

The new episode 61 had completly covered chapter 105 and was almost done with chapter 106, only about 10 pages were left out. So basicly episode 62 can easily cover the left chapter 106, fully chapter 107 and maybe a bit of chapter 108. And even if it won't touch chapter 108 we still have episode 63 in which the whole chapter 108 can easily fit.

You are obviously missing the point that there is a difference between animating action heavy episodes vs more plot/dialog driven episodes. The former you can do at a lot quicker pace without missing anything. It's not the same with the latter.

And also over 100 pages is close to 3 chapters of content not 2. That is way too much for 1 episode. And I for one am glad they are not going to rush. If they add a scene here and there I wouldn't care either as long as they don't miss anything that happened in the final chapter.
Old 2010-06-13, 16:57   Link #70
kitten320

Nope it is isn't worth 3 chapters. Just look at previouse chapter numbers. Chapter 105 and 106 are both more than 60 pages. Combined they are are already bigger than 108 which was 112 pages long.

This weeks episode was fully action based and still managed to cover almost 2 whole chapters.

So I'm still staying on my opinion, some parts probably will be added or maybe slightly dragged out. Not that it really matters but still.
Old 2010-06-13, 17:10   Link #71
Kirarakim

Quote:
This weeks episode was fully action based and still managed to cover almost 2 whole chapters.

Yes because it is much easier to cover more chapters when they are action packed which these last few chapters were. Still I think if we want to discuss this further we should move it to another thread.
Old 2010-06-13, 19:41   Link #72
Vicious108

Quote:
Oh I totally can. In fact, I'm glad they sped through chapter 105 in this episode (since it wasn't a particularly good one anyways), because otherwise I don't think they could've done the final chapter justice even with the extra episode.

Anyways, about episode 61, I'll wait for its own discussion thread to share my thoughts on it, but I'll just say now that seeing a chapter that I'd only just read a couple of months back animated already is something I don't think I'd ever experienced and it is extremely weird, and even moreso, extremely awesome.
Old 2010-06-13, 22:18   Link #73
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Im sorry what? So you want BONES to rush the 100 page 108 chap into one epi and then have a recap? Obviously BONES is going to have to cut material but a recap?? Even not being a manga reader Id be mad as heck if they did that. They have 3 epis to cover probably close to over 200 pages of manga, I see no recap.

Also sorry for the epi 61 thread delay, had a heck of a busy weekend and forgot
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-06-13, 23:26   Link #74
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why is everyone so eager to spoil a certain other anime series here? Not everyone here has watched that anime, you know.

Anyways, this episode was just excellent. I respect May, a short 8-year old girl, for holding out so well against Father. Father's abilities in this episode were quite surprising and somewhat novel, especially the big gun and how he transmuted May's kunai.

Scar can finally be considered a complete alchemist! Although he apparently needs two arms to do alchemy.

Giant Father really freaked me out. I can't see any characters fighting that monster, so I hope that someone smart will end up activating the reverse transmutation circle and potentially destroying Father. It was wise for Arakawa to introduce that earlier in the story so we probably will not get a deus ex machina end to overthrow Father and bring back everyone.
Actually, I heard so much about how this FMA manga chapter was like Evangelion that I went and watched it. Glad I did before watching this episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
That little muthereffer in that little muthereffin flask...He ain't little no more ...I have no idea what to expect, what's truly going on, or any scenario in the history of anime that has prepared me for what's to come... What will destroy or defeat this spawn of what seems far worse than hell is an enigma I can't even find the starting point for...As I screamed "Holy $hit!!" at this THING exiting the glass doors of WTFville, I realize there's nothing holy about any of this...
Yeah... that's pretty much how Evangelion effected me too- oh wait you mean the FMA episode, you obviously didn't see Evangelion first. Yup... End of Evangelion is pretty much a must see I guess. Once it screws your mind over you will never be fully mind screwed again.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2010-06-13 at 23:39.
Old 2010-06-13, 23:28   Link #75
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
I seriously need to watch that Evangelion series, so many praises... hope it won't turn out like Gurren Lagan =/
*blink*

Uhh... I don't think so, my understanding is that they are complete opposites in tone.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Closed Thread