AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

Old 2011-04-04, 01:24   Link #201
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Oh man...Kana's voice....it's so moe!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 03:25   Link #202
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
If it is really good... we have yet to find out.
I thought it was really good. So, loose the "we".

And lol about an earlier complaint about not enough background music. Oh the things people will find to complain about.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 03:35   Link #203
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The nico stream quality is seriously craptastic. I intented to watch it but on second thoughts, I think I'll just wait for a HD version instead. It airs on TV tomorrow, right?
Old 2011-04-04, 03:43   Link #204
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
And lol about an earlier complaint about not enough background music. Oh the things people will find to complain about.
I have no idea if you do realize that, but for a story that relies heavily on the atmosphere set by the "bizarre" events going on, the utter lack of BGM doesn't help one bit.

Some series genre can work pretty well without any, but Steins;gate is arguably not one of these: Some scenes of episode 1 certainly deliver without any, but having a deadpan mood without much backbone behind it aside of dialogues being thrown at people isn't exactly the best. Moreso if you compare how it was delivered in the VN.

Feel free to disagree, but trying to ridicule a valid opinion as if it was an attempt to blindly find a fault to a series is hardly commendable.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-04-04 at 03:59.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 04:00   Link #205
hoarfrost

O_O Mystery+Fast pacing+5am is a real jolt to the noggin. Maybe I should wake up to Steins Gate every morning instead of an alarm clock.

I'll let this simmer while I wait for an HQ version, if only because I hardly even follow what happened.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 04:03   Link #206
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
I have no idea if you do realize that, but for a story that relies heavily on the atmosphere set by the "bizarre" events going on, the utter lack of BGM doesn't help one bit.

Some series genre can work pretty well without any, but Steins;gate is arguably not one of these: Some scenes of episode 1 certainly deliver without any, but having a deadpan mood without much backbone behind it aside of dialogues being thrown at people isn't exactly the best. Moreso if you compare how it was delivered in the VN.
I will wait till the TV quality video to actually watch the episode, and will certainly give 2-3 episodes to see where the quality of the animation is going. Frankly speaking, I have low expectations for stream video quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon
Oh man...Kana's voice....it's so moe!!!
I am not sure what you meant. x_X The only Kana I know that is moe is from Kanamemo, and I do not think the VA for Kana in Kanamemo is used.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 04:21   Link #207
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

By the way, what does Rintarou exactly mean when he coined the term Stein's Gate?
Is it some reference to a certain theory or just a figment of the eccentric dude's imagination?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 04:37   Link #208
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H.
Is it some reference to a certain theory or just a figment of the eccentric dude's imagination?
Without spoiling what other terms he uses, Okabe invents all sort wild words including "Steins Gate". It is part of his 中二病 (Chou ni Byou) "setting" , and he is constantly in LARP (live-action role playing) mode.
Old 2011-04-04, 04:47   Link #209
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
this anime is stupid enough said i watch it look so crappy
Old 2011-04-04, 04:55   Link #210
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Yep, Nico Nico Broadcast was indeed shit. It made things much more darker than what it suppose to be. Colour Palette was much worse, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
this anime is stupid enough said i watch it look so crappy
As I always do, I have to say this;

Go away.
Old 2011-04-04, 06:43   Link #211
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
I am not sure what you meant. x_X The only Kana I know that is moe is from Kanamemo, and I do not think the VA for Kana in Kanamemo is used.
He's talking about Mayuri's voice actress, Hanazawa Kana.
Old 2011-04-04, 06:48   Link #212
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
He's talking about Mayuri's voice actress, Hanazawa Kana.
Thank you for the clarification. I don't know VA names very well.
Old 2011-04-04, 06:50   Link #213
Taufiq91

Alright here's one thing i've noticed:

-Mamoru Miyano sounds like he doing Tomokazu Sugita's impersonation of Norio Wakamoto.

Seriously, i'm surprised that he even has a "mature sounding" voice. And i'm even more surprised that he sounds like Sugita with that voice.

Other than that, okay first episode. The fast pace didn't bother me that much, especialy since i'm familiar with the works of Satou Takuya & Hamasaki Hiroshi's direction.
Old 2011-04-04, 07:04   Link #214
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
Without spoiling what other terms he uses, Okabe invents all sort wild words including "Steins Gate". It is part of his 中二病 (Chou ni Byou) "setting" , and he is constantly in LARP (live-action role playing) mode.
Eighth-grader sickness? Ha, figures. All his talk about playing as James Bond is just part of his nature. I thought there was much to Steins;Gate that what it seems.

Although... the fact that they were able to construct a machine that turns bananas to Jell-O turns out to be a pseudo-time machine is also impressive of Rintarou.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 07:28   Link #215
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I watched it subbed. It was, fantastic. So good.

The most great thing about this episode was how I was so absorbed with every situation it had. I think all those claim of 'fast pacing' actually helped me being more focused with episode. Being non-VN player, this was the best 1st episode I can get from the series.

Plus, VAs are so good.
Old 2011-04-04, 08:13   Link #216
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice
I watched it subbed. It was, fantastic. So good.

The most great thing about this episode was how I was so absorbed with every situation it had. I think all those claim of 'fast pacing' actually helped me being more focused with episode. Being non-VN player, this was the best 1st episode I can get from the series.

Plus, VAs are so good.
Since I have played the original VA, I am well aware of the VA and story of the anime is likely to be top notch.

I have not seen the animation quality, so I will not comment on it. It is also impossible to judge video quality out of a stream. Animation quality will be THE question mark of the series.
Old 2011-04-04, 08:30   Link #217
Clarste
Human

Wait, that was fast-paced? It seemed pretty slow paced and atmospheric to me. Well, I guess he spent a lot of time rambling, but very little actually seemed to happen other than setting the mood for what will happen later. Given that none of the characters seemed especially sympathetic, I can't really even begin to imagine how this could possibly have been made any slower paced and still manage to keep people's attention.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 09:00   Link #218
yakisobapan

I haven't watched the episode yet, but having played the VN I'm not sure if a faster pace (especially during the beginning) is necessarily a bad thing. I loved the game, but if I had to nitpick and point out a flaw it might have been the pacing during some parts of it.
yakisobapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-04, 09:15   Link #219
Kagura89

First episode is so good but the niconico version looks crap. Have to watch second time by the time TV version is up. Just gonna love Okarin speaking to himself & his laugh is awesome. Ah Mayuri your Duturu~ is so moe.
I'm can't wait for Feiris to appear
Old 2011-04-04, 10:05   Link #220
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagura89
Just gonna love Okarin speaking to himself & his laugh is awesome.
Okabe Rintaro is not my real name. My real name is mad scientist Hooooooooooooooiinn Kyooooooooomaa! Ruwahahahahaha!

Tags
drama, science fiction, seinen, time travel, trap, visual novel adaptation