Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-27, 08:42   Link #81
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpa
You only live once... and you are only young one time. Why not do the things u want to do? who cares when u are 40 years and have a Anbu tattoo on your arm. It's just to say "it's from my youth, i was young and dumb" =)
Well im sorry to say but....justifying like that is just.....

And.... Its just a cartoon that lasts for a little while and will be copied by 9year olds in the U.S. once it gets liscensed. Now....go shoo away with the other little kiddies

I mean, getting one just from this show is so fanboyish and is only following a short fad trying to be cool or something we'll see how well it goes over with your girlfriend
Old 2004-11-27, 09:22   Link #82
Electrode

Is it just me, or is this whole discussion seeming to go round in circles?

Old 2004-11-27, 17:32   Link #83
FearTheMullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cort
Did he have that eye-scar before he lost his other eye and got the sharingan?

Just be very careful about tattoos involving kanji, there've been incidents where people have had insults tattooed onto their body instead of what they asked for.

Here
That guy is the man hahahaha
Old 2004-11-28, 16:35   Link #84
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Quote:
Originally Posted by janmurphy
You think so? I think one should put a lot of thought into a tattoo, and not get it right away. But I think if its something you wait a year to think about and it still has a lot of meaning to you, then theres no problem at all. Thats my take on all tattoos, not just these. Its a really personal thing, a tattoo. You wont be able to see the meaning behind it. Maybe thats why you say that.
I agree completely, one should put a lot of thought into a tattoo, and choose something that has a lot of personal meaning. I just think it's sad if Naruto has a lot of deep personal meaning for you. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, sometimes almost to the point of obsession. But when it comes down to it, it IS just a television show, one designed for children, at that.
Old 2004-11-29, 00:21   Link #85
janmurphy
but the soul still burns!

Send a message via MSN to janmurphy
I think the meaning behind someone’s tattoo is why there will always be someone who thinks getting that tattoo is silly. Any tattoo. It’s because you only see the result. For example, IF I was seriously considering a Naruto type tattoo it would be very logical to assume that I really like the show or that the messages in that anime have deep personal meaning to me. Logical, but it would still be wrong. Those wouldn't be my reasons at all.
That’s why I try not to judge the things people have done to their bodies for their own reasons. People aren’t logical most the time and even when they tell me why they've done it, I’m not them, so it won’t seem meaningful to me.
I think that as long as its a well thought through decision, (at least a years wait and all that) and it really is something that has meaning and makes that person happy, then they can have ChibiChibi Moon tattooed on their arse if that’s what’s meaningful and joyful to them. We won’t understand why, but does that mean we should look down on their decision? It’s not something I would feel pity about. It’s not something the person who has the tattoo wants pity for. I imagine they would feel offended if you pitied them for something so close to their soul. It’s only the image you see.
But maybe you think it’s pitiful that ChibiChibi Moon is the closest thing to something meaningful that the person has. I’m going to have to ask that you not think that. We’re not them; we can’t know what connections exist in their mind. It could be that that image represents that person’s feelings on love, life, friendship or gods. Perhaps it symbolizes the whole of experiences of a phase of their life that changed them into who they are now. Perhaps it embodies a part of their past that they feel they should never forget the lessons of. And perhaps it’s just ChibiChibi Moon, but if it’s so aesthetically pleasing to them that they feel joy every time they see it, is that such a bad reason? I feel that when the meaning is indeed shallow it will be apparent because usually you can tell a weak-willed person like that. Unfortunately, on a forum it’s harder to tell a person’s personality so we can’t know.
I think it’s unfair to the person to make assumptions about meaning. Especially if your going to assume a degrading reason and offer up pity. We can’t know the reasons behind such a personal thing as a tattoo and Id rather just admit that I don’t know than fill the information gap with my own assumptions, as I said; it’s not fair to the other person.

Last edited by janmurphy; 2004-11-29 at 19:16.
Old 2004-11-29, 02:46   Link #86
ctown

I can't stand the pain!!!!!!!
Old 2004-11-29, 09:34   Link #87
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Luckily, if someone had a ChibiChibi Moon tattoo on their ass, I would never, ever see it, and therefore would never even get the opportunity to judge them.

Last edited by lanfear; 2004-11-29 at 09:35. Reason: spelling
Old 2004-11-29, 11:31   Link #88
AkatsukisApprentice
Akatsuki's Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanfear
Luckily, if someone had a ChibiChibi Moon tattoo on their ass, I would never, ever see it, and therefore would never even get the opportunity to judge them.
So exactly what would be the perpose of having a tattoo on their ass?
Old 2004-11-29, 11:46   Link #89
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukisApprentice
So exactly what would be the perpose of having a tattoo on their ass?
When you lose the soap in the shower it could be nice to have something decent to display.
Old 2007-05-15, 04:55   Link #90
Sensei Kaa

Hi @ everyone...
I'm a german boy, so excuse the mistakes i'll probably make...

I think about getting a tattoo, too. I'd like to have the 4 villages (konoha, suna,...) on the inside of my forearm.

but because i'm a very thoughtfully person, i'd like to know more about the meaning of these signs!

can someone help me plz?

here's a pic of what i mean...

http://firestormboard.fi.funpic.de/v...hp?p=5586#5586
Old 2007-05-15, 09:34   Link #91
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I think the Sound Village symbol is self-explanatory... same goes for the Village Hidden in the Mist...

But I have no idea what the others mean. I always had the impression that the Sand Village symbol was some kind of stone fragment. The Konoha symbol is beyond me, 'cause I have no idea.
Old 2007-05-15, 20:47   Link #92
RuNE
bomberman

Send a message via AIM to RuNE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PathofNightshade View Post
The question is, if you would get a tattoo from Naruto, what would it be. I wouldn't get a tattoo period, though. Its against my religion, and any tattoo might seem rather stupid in 50 years, don't you think?

I love these types of responses. You're the same type of person that works like a horse till they're 45-50 so they can be financialy free.
Seems smart doesnt it.

Until you get there.
How many times have you heard old people say "If i'd be younger, i would do things differently? I woudnt hesitate so much".

Guess what. I have a tattoo. It looks cool. I also have other body mods. I get plenty of looks from girls on the beach. I'm young, I'm horny, and I'm taking advantage of it, and my 'youth'. You're only young ONCE. Go out and have fun.

But yeah, while some naruto tattoo's would make for a nice idea, it's a big no-no. Even years after the series is over, you'd get ridiculed for having a DBZ esque tat. Unless you're fine with that.
Old 2007-05-15, 20:59   Link #93
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Well im sorry to say but....justifying like that is just.....

And.... Its just a cartoon that lasts for a little while and will be copied by 9year olds in the U.S. once it gets liscensed. Now....go shoo away with the other little kiddies

I mean, getting one just from this show is so fanboyish and is only following a short fad trying to be cool or something we'll see how well it goes over with your girlfriend
well people get tatoos of disney characters and somic book characters all the time...personally I think the nine-tails is a pretty cool image...
Old 2008-05-24, 21:46   Link #94
rasengan408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stead View Post
If you could get a tattoo based from the Naruto series what would it be?

If I could have one I would have massive tattoo of kubi from one of the first scene in Naruto

I ACTUALY HAVE A NARUTO TATTOO OF NARUTO IN HISFOUR TAILS FORM!!
Old 2008-05-25, 04:44   Link #95
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hasn't the Konoha symbol been discussed over and over and over again?

Leafs of Konoha? The leaf of Konoha?

---

No clue as to what the Sand's symbol represents though.
Old 2008-05-25, 06:47   Link #96
rokoko
rokoko

I would have a coursed seal on my neck.lol
Old 2008-05-25, 11:18   Link #97
rasengan408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stead View Post
If you could get a tattoo based from the Naruto series what would it be?

If I could have one I would have massive tattoo of kubi from one of the first scene in Naruto
I ACTUALLY JUSS GOT DAT TATTOO!!ONMY CHEST GOINGWN MY ARM.
Old 2008-10-30, 14:49   Link #98
Quelyn

Tattoos are fun! I was searching for Naruto Tattoos to see what kind of Naruto tats that people have for research and stumbled here. I am actually getting a naruto Tattoo on my upper arm on December 6th.

http://www.emocrap.com/naruto/narutotat.jpg

I'm not really too worried about it being "deep". I have a Silver Surfer on my other arm.

http://www.emocrap.com/tattoonow.jpg

I don't regret it one bit. I'm not a huge fan of Tattoo style art, you know the stuff you see on the walls. But I LOVE Comic art and I LOVE Naruto's art. I think it's some of the best character design I've ever seen. So yeah I'm getting that Naruto pose with the Hirigana symbols that stand for Dattebayo. I'm also getting some japanese clouds in there. I'm contemplating whether or not I'm working in with the Kyuubi.

Honestly, Tattoos are just a thing to do if you want to & can. It's never stupid based on content. But it is stupid to get something for the wrong reasons, or from a bad tattoo artist.

Woooooooooooo

(I know this is from like 100 years ago but I don't care)
Old 2008-10-30, 15:37   Link #99
Marskatta
Kurosaki... I am...
*Graphic Designer

I'd like to get one of these butterflies
Spoiler for Choji:
Old 2008-10-30, 16:09   Link #100
Nastya-sama!
射杀せ 神枪!

damn, is there anything cooler than Orochi`s summoning tattos..?
Spoiler for chapter 343:

but that is sth i`d like to see on a guy..not sth i`d do..