AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 16:01   Link #6221
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Btw, happy birthday to my most favorite, currently heartbroken TWGOK girl Chihiro Kosaka (December 3rd).
Happy birthday my lovely Chihiro-chan!!! :3
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:43   Link #6222
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

This recent new chapter was amazing; foreshadowing comes from even the very start of the chapter. You rock, Wakaki.
Old 2011-12-03, 23:20   Link #6223
tsunade666

delayed happy birthday for Chihiro

It's truly a good chapter from the depressed god to detective god But I wonder if all the goddess was captured and returned will it end the series? because the secrets are being spilled one by one.
Old 2011-12-04, 00:04   Link #6224
Seiryuu

This does certainly seem like things are coming to a head and are likely to conclude relatively soon. Probably a few surprise twists and sudden crises to go before the climactic "battle", but it looks like a home stretch. This may be for the best, depending on Wakaki's plans. I feel a good story should have a conclusion in mind; otherwise it starts to either grow old or break down completely. If Wakaki has more arcs in his story that's great too of course.

I must say though that Keima's behavior with Chihiro is a little annoying. Even Elsea would be able to figure out that leaving things like that with Chihiro is likely to wreck the chances with Ayumi. Not to mention Chihiro's setting up to be a good candidate for the true final love interest, especially with her not only being the one conquest he didn't try to conquer but actually having fallen for him even before then. Frankly, he botched things up royally, to a point I suspect it may actually take the truth to pull through. My prediction is that Vintage will make a move and thus force Keima to spill what's really going on, or spill it for him.

As for Chihiro's behavior, it's not surprising to me that she immediately put on a happy face when she saw Elsea; and she seemed to sort of take on that happy demeanor when she saw her, like it's an act perhaps. She's just the sort of girl who buries her pains and pretends everything's ok. But Keima definitely hurt her a lot, literally ripped a gaping hole in her heart. Of course, girls with holes in their hearts have been a common subject.

I have some suspicions about Chihiro's future part in the story. Since she's not a goddess host, I suspect that she'll be repossessed with this new emptiness. And just like there are heavenly beings of immense power like the goddesses, there were probably some leaders in Old Hell that were similarly fearsome. A full heartbreak would be a great and massive source of negative emotion, and it wouldn't be hard to imagine Vintage deliberately forcing such a powerful being into her, which could make her one of the biggest conquests of all. It'd be kind of fitting for Keima to finally have to face and "conquer" someone whose possession he had personally caused.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 02:48   Link #6225
WhiteWings

Welll it seemed like Chihiro was acting as if the whole experience too be rather too bizarre and surreal to take it all in. Don't think she was hiding that much. I mean she was acting a bit uncomfortably but compared to Mayumi Chihiro's reaction seem to be 'what-the-heck-just-happened?'

Just imagine you were swimming in a nice cove with crystal clear water with the surface visible less than 20 feet below. You are floating face down relaxing and enjoying the view underwater with fish swimming all around you... and without warning part of the ocean floor opens up to reveal a giant eye staring back at you for a brief moment before closing back leaving no trace that all that happened.

How would you react? Are you sure it really happened? Were you imagining it? It was so unexpected and out of the ordinary one might be more confused than scared...
Old 2011-12-04, 04:31   Link #6226
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
This does certainly seem like things are coming to a head and are likely to conclude relatively soon. Probably a few surprise twists and sudden crises to go before the climactic "battle", but it looks like a home stretch. This may be for the best, depending on Wakaki's plans. I feel a good story should have a conclusion in mind; otherwise it starts to either grow old or break down completely. If Wakaki has more arcs in his story that's great too of course.

I must say though that Keima's behavior with Chihiro is a little annoying. Even Elsea would be able to figure out that leaving things like that with Chihiro is likely to wreck the chances with Ayumi. Not to mention Chihiro's setting up to be a good candidate for the true final love interest, especially with her not only being the one conquest he didn't try to conquer but actually having fallen for him even before then. Frankly, he botched things up royally, to a point I suspect it may actually take the truth to pull through. My prediction is that Vintage will make a move and thus force Keima to spill what's really going on, or spill it for him.

As for Chihiro's behavior, it's not surprising to me that she immediately put on a happy face when she saw Elsea; and she seemed to sort of take on that happy demeanor when she saw her, like it's an act perhaps. She's just the sort of girl who buries her pains and pretends everything's ok. But Keima definitely hurt her a lot, literally ripped a gaping hole in her heart. Of course, girls with holes in their hearts have been a common subject.

I have some suspicions about Chihiro's future part in the story. Since she's not a goddess host, I suspect that she'll be repossessed with this new emptiness. And just like there are heavenly beings of immense power like the goddesses, there were probably some leaders in Old Hell that were similarly fearsome. A full heartbreak would be a great and massive source of negative emotion, and it wouldn't be hard to imagine Vintage deliberately forcing such a powerful being into her, which could make her one of the biggest conquests of all. It'd be kind of fitting for Keima to finally have to face and "conquer" someone whose possession he had personally caused.
I totally agree with you.
Chihiro's apparent calmness is a very bad sign, imho, about her real emotional condition. She is trying to suppress what she feels. She is acting as if nothing was happened. Maybe she is in denial. Anyway, her attitude probably will bring her "gap" to become always greater, without Keima can notice it.

Actually, it seems that when Keima broke up Chihiro's heart, he didn't consider the possibility for her gap to be reopened. Probably he is so focused on the goddesses' hunt that he forgot Haqua's words about that matter.

If Chihiro's gap will really open again, you are right, Keima should conquer someone whose possession he had personally caused for the first time...or, maybe for the second time?

We know that Chihiro was interested in Keima before her conquest.
During her arc, after her quarrel with Keima, we saw that Elsie's sensor reacted to her.
Maybe, was her quarrel with him the real reason for her gap?

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2011-12-04 at 06:02.
Old 2011-12-04, 05:09   Link #6227
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Actually I was thinking that the goddess of harvest being used as reference could mean that Keima is the chosen one to "harvest love" to empower the gods and help them defeat the devils and take over the world.

If that is so then Wakaki must have been playing too much Shin Megami Tensei when he came up with the idea for this manga, and Keima is destinied to become like the protagonist from the very first game.

No Shiori, he won't be harvesting love from ALL the students! Only the female ones!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 05:58   Link #6228
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Actually I was thinking that the goddess of harvest being used as reference could mean that Keima is the chosen one to "harvest love" to empower the gods and help them defeat the devils and take over the world.
This makes really sense.
Old 2011-12-04, 11:47   Link #6229
Shadow5YA

There's more than just the Demeter thing and the Majima emblem. Observe.

Spoiler for ch24:

The dialogue here is quoted again in the current chapter.

Spoiler for ch169:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 15:31   Link #6230
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Bakuman style! U have to read the entire thing again to find alot of foreshadowing = // /
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 17:19   Link #6231
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's more than just the Demeter thing and the Majima emblem. Observe.
That's rather funny. He's having a flashback to remember something he told Haqua, normally when a character has a flashback like that it's to remember something which somebody has told him. Not to mention how the flashback looks so much more ominous then how it actually was in chapter 24.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 18:06   Link #6232
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
That's rather funny. He's having a flashback to remember something he told Haqua, normally when a character has a flashback like that it's to remember something which somebody has told him. Not to mention how the flashback looks so much more ominous then how it actually was in chapter 24.
Selective memory? It is only natural for people to remember what they want and how they like it.

And goddesses too. Whatever Minerva has been telling Shiori (especially about the Roman Empire and their emperors) is most likely to be from her own perspective.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-04, 18:07   Link #6233
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
At that time, Keima told Haqua that theater's story distractly, and to him sounded just like a rumor, maybe he had also forgot it...now he simply got an epiphany about it. That story suddenly got a completely new meaning in his mind.
Old 2011-12-05, 09:28   Link #6234
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

After reading this chapter again, I have a feeling that the theater is a trap, Nora has been captured, and Ryou turns face-heel on them with a "I have been waiting for you, Keima." and Shiori/Minerva mistakes that Ryou has been having a clandestine love relationship with Keima.

Old 2011-12-05, 09:48   Link #6235
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
After reading this chapter again, I have a feeling that the theater is a trap, Nora has been captured, and Ryou turns face-heel on them with a "I have been waiting for you, Keima." and Shiori/Minerva mistakes that Ryou has been having a clandestine love relationship with Keima.
You know, you say you don't want yaoi but it seems like you are the one who wants Keima to become someone's butt buddy the most.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 09:53   Link #6236
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You know, you say you don't want yaoi but it seems like you are the one who wants Keima to become someone's butt buddy the most.
He wants it but is in denial.
Old 2011-12-05, 09:58   Link #6237
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What the hell is a butt bud- oooooooooooohhhhh.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:04   Link #6238
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
That is disgusting. I would never have a waifu who is part of some BL manga. Neither would I have a third waifu who is a fujoshi (already have 2 and that is enough).

Old 2011-12-05, 10:22   Link #6239
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Neither would I have a third waifu who is a fujoshi (already have 2 and that is enough).
Who are the first two?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-05, 10:46   Link #6240
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Who are the first two?
OT : Fujibayashi Kyou from CLANNAD and Shiina Mafuyu from Seitokai No Ichizon. One has got character while the other is just plain adorable despite being a perverted little fujoshi.

Back on topic, Keima's excursion to the theater is very likely to be a trap.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen