AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 00:20   Link #1521
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I didn't see you try using Yuuno's close-range catch; doesn't that move have more range than any other catch in the game? Perhaps it has more range than Chrono's staff, and can be used for an opening with which to start a combo beatdown.
But like the other grab moves it only works when you are "next" to the opponent, Chrono's hit are slightly far from it. And the grabs are not really good for combos since they push the enemy away and take a second to recover from, when the enemy recovers.

Quote:
Yuuno's auto-counter move may also figure in; if Chrono is attacking first because of superior range, block with a barrier, and he suddenly finds himself zapped, exploded, and flying back, defenseless against a Protection Smash and combo.
Same issue with grab, pushes the enemy to long range and then a 1 second recovery time.

Quote:
But Chrono's regular shot is Stinger Ray, and his charged shot is Blaze Cannon. Aren't those better than Yuuno's Shoot Bullet?
Yep, but they are dodgeable easily if they are not connected to a combo.

Quote:
If Chrono stays out of Yuuno's charging or binding range, he could pelt Yuuno with superior firepower.
His magic runs out and in that moment you charge his Protection Smash and bam he can't block it or dodge it.

Quote:
He could also counter Yuuno's charges with Delayed Bind traps, unless Protection Smash ignores that spell. I don't know about Chrono's "Hound Sphere".
They follow him but they don't activate 'till his protection smash has hit.

Quote:
And if Chrono catches Yuuno in Struggle Bind, Chrono can keep on shooting Yuuno with Stinger Ray volleys and Blaze Cannon shots.
If you try to bind any opponent that is falling after being hit, it counts as a hit and it doesn't bind him.

Quote:
Also, Yuuno says something odd at 1:05 when he throws out a chain. Just before that, you used Chain Anchor, and he clearly said Chain Anchor. But this time he didn't say Chain Bind or even just Chain.
While I don't know what he says, this is because I'm chaining Square, Triangle and Circle. Square and Triangle throw the opponent to long range and you can hit them with a long range attack.

Quote:
But anyway, thanks for posting these fights.
No problemo and talking about this, the Yuuno vs Kyrie is going to be laterish, my internet is being really slow today.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 04:12   Link #1522
rxrx

Man, I just read a piece of funny stuff that says that if the Book of Night Sky can spawn that many lolis' Touma is going to have a tough time if the book of the Silver Cross, being another tome of mass destruction spawn a bunch of lolis as well.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 05:51   Link #1523
Aaron008R

Hmm... Wasabi and Seaweed flavor potato chips aren't half bad. o_o

Anyway. Gimme around an hour. Sequence 10 will be up. >:3

EDIT: Taking longer than expected... Gimme half an hour more...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-05 at 07:44.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 09:22   Link #1524
Aaron008R

WHAT THE HELL~~~?!?!?!!?

For a Sequence with only three required battles, I think this came out way more massive than I ever dreamed of...

Anyways, enjoy!

MGLN A's Portable: THE GEARS OF DESTINY

Sequence 10

Spoiler for Sequence 10:

Jeremiah Gottwald from Code Geass would be crying manly tears of LOYALTY if he ever plays this game and gets to this point.

But yeah, the Materials are awesome. It actually goes a little backward here when I rank them as characters. I like Hayate the best in the original trio and Nanoha is third during A's (Nanoha takes 2nd as an adult). But I like Stern best and Dearche the least for the Materials. I dunno. Dearche has the makings and potential of a great and charismatic ruler. But as it is right now, she's mostly a spoiled royal with too much power in her hands. (That, and Kana Ueda just had to use screechy tones whenever Dearche raises her voice a few octaves... I LOVE her Hayate voice to bits but Dearche's a little grating...) She DOES get a whole lot better after the events of this and the last sequence. But that's for another day to see.

OC Profiles

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2012-01-05 at 15:13.
Old 2012-01-05, 09:30   Link #1525
rxrx

Great translaton. Just want to add my own thoughts. Diarche is antagonistic against Hayate not only because she does not like her and did not want to own her anything. She notes that the help she would receive from Hayate will come with supervision and she hates it as it reminds her of being trapped in the book. Well, at least the materials are really close to each other as you can tell from Diarche's reaction to the death of Stern and Levi so it is not too bad.
Old 2012-01-05, 09:32   Link #1526
Aaron008R

Ahh. I was confused about that part. Thanks for clearing it up.

OC Profiles
Old 2012-01-05, 09:34   Link #1527
rxrx

No problem. Just wondering if you would translate the FBD dialogues in the Last Session as it kicks ass and all of them have interesting to say, both by Yuri and the people you select to fight her.
Old 2012-01-05, 09:48   Link #1528
Aaron008R

Sequence X? I pretty much have a basic idea of what Yuri says. I was planning on including those lines from Yuri when I do the review for Sequence X in the first place. They're just too golden to pass up. XD

Spoiler for Yuriii~~~~!!!!:

OC Profiles
Old 2012-01-05, 09:56   Link #1529
rxrx

Sorry not Sequence X, but the one before. Do you want me to help you on that?

Spoiler for Yuri:
Old 2012-01-05, 10:06   Link #1530
Aaron008R

Oh! Sequence 11? I know a few. But I guess I can gather them up easily enough later. It's not like I have to win against U-D to connect with a FDB. The 1st round characters may be a little difficult but I've already beaten her in the 2nd round with all the available ones. I'll include them in the Sequence 11 summary later, if that's Ok. =3

And yup, if you can also get some, it'll be a great help.

Spoiler for Yuri::

OC Profiles
Old 2012-01-05, 10:08   Link #1531
rxrx

Ok. I will post what I have up when you are ready with Sequence 11 then.
Old 2012-01-05, 10:15   Link #1532
Aaron008R

Thanks!
I expect to be able to get Sequence 11 around Saturday from here. Tomorrow's not a good time since I'll be visiting some places far from home.

OC Profiles
Old 2012-01-05, 10:24   Link #1533
rxrx

Okay. Just to inform you, I have the script for the Vivio and Touma so I guess I will do that.
Old 2012-01-05, 11:37   Link #1534
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
@Aaron can you add some examples of Hayate vs Dearche talk:
Dearche: GAHH YOU'RE ANNOYING!
Old 2012-01-05, 11:40   Link #1535
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Chrono tasks Shamal and Zafira for defense. Hayate tells them that since they don't carry the anti-U-D program, they should be extra careful if they get caught up in the thick of the battle.
Where are Yuuno and Arf?

;_;
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:45   Link #1536
rxrx

Well, consider the amount of damage that might occur in the battle, the two of them might have been sent to create a barrier to ensure minimum damage done to landscape perhaps. To note, it is damn easy to play through using Zaffy against the CPU. Just close your eyes and tap O and thats it.
Old 2012-01-05, 12:16   Link #1537
Sunder the Gold

Yuuno wasn't able to contain the damage caused by Nanoha, Fate and Hayate, and UB is supposed to be unbelievably stronger than EVERYONE combined.

In other news, Koveras Alvane from the Nanoha Wiki has identified the names that Yuuno shouts. His close-range catch seems to be called Wave Gazer (Wei-bu Gei-za) and his auto-counterattack might be Shield Bash (Shi-ru-do Ba-shu).

The second one is especially odd since Yuuno is clearly electrifying his opponent, not bashing them, and the circle on the other side of the target rather than working as a shield.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 12:58   Link #1538
Laith
Even if it just for a bit
*Author

There are only manly tears after Sequence 10.

Anyway, this is the first time you can use the Materials IIRC. And that U-D battle has a lot of bs to it. You have to deplete her magic to start damaging her and she doesn't flinch until you do so. Not complicated with Stern, her version of the Buster helps, but with Levi is pretty difficult since all of her long range attacks eat magic, more so in her sprite form.
Laith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 13:08   Link #1539
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

My GOD, Sequence 10 was a blast, i love Levi but Stern started to hit my "likeness" buttons like crazy on this route. Such loyalty and knight-like behavior, coupled with that cool attitude and stoic expression. Even in the face of destruction she just keep shouting up awesome stuff and that bit of snarky attitude that spices up her talks, she's definetely my new favourite Material xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 13:19   Link #1540
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Stern and Levi are rated high in my list. Dearche... I doubt I could like her much.