AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-27, 01:04   Link #1241
RivalNightmare

Is there anywhere you can buy these..? Like, not downloadable, but in it's case and everything. I've been looking for days for Episode 4 & 8 but it just seems like they are impossible to find. I could only buy Ogon Musokyoku/Cross and Tsubasa. Where can I find the others?

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this in. I am kinda panicking.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:15   Link #1242
RandomAvatarFan

Well, you might not be able to, because most places that carry OMK and Tsubasa would often carry the Original VNs as well. Look if it's possible to order it even if it's not in stock, like a reserve copy of something. If not, Witch-Hunt's download options may be your only way to get them.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-05-13, 03:09   Link #1243
fsior

Spoiler for Bernkastel:
Old 2012-05-13, 10:16   Link #1244
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsior View Post
Spoiler for Bernkastel:
Spoiler for Higurashi:

Old 2012-05-14, 12:31   Link #1245
fsior

Spoiler for The End?:
Old 2012-05-14, 12:34   Link #1246
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Spoiler for The End?:

No and yes, umineko the no naku koro ni vn ends there too, the story continues on umineko the no naku koro ni chiru. you are supossed to be able to deduct the truth with just the stuff that was shown in the anime.
Old 2012-05-14, 12:55   Link #1247
fsior

Wait so is that is there a plan to continue the story in anime? or do I have to play the VN chiru? and is there a translation project for that?
Old 2012-05-14, 13:03   Link #1248
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Wait so is that is there a plan to continue the story in anime? or do I have to play the VN chiru? and is there a translation project for that?
It is unlikely that the anime will be continued, as the DVD(/BD?) sales were very bad.

There is a completed translation of the VN, but it requires you to buy the VN to use it.
Old 2012-05-14, 13:37   Link #1249
Drifloon

Quote:
you are supossed to be able to deduct the truth with just the stuff that was shown in the anime.
'Supposed to' being the key word. People had a hard enough time after reading the first four VNs, never mind the awful abbreviated anime version!
Old 2012-05-14, 23:54   Link #1250
fsior

Well I tried going to the translation website, however the link to buy a download copy isn't working.
Old 2012-05-15, 09:52   Link #1251
Drifloon

Really? It works for me.

At what stage are you having problems? Could you be more specific about what is happening?
Old 2012-05-15, 11:19   Link #1252
fsior

I click on getting started, then click ep 5 - 8, then click link download japanese version, and on that page at the bottom it has a link to the page where you buy the downloadable copy. I am on the list of available countries. But when I click the link it brings me to a page that says "Message Sent; Access Forbidden."
Old 2012-05-15, 11:27   Link #1253
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Speaking of which, what are some of the problems of the anime and manga that wasn't present in the VN?
Old 2012-05-15, 11:36   Link #1254
maximilianjenus
[E]

problems, what do you mean with problems ?
Spoiler for Anime Episode 04:
Old 2012-05-15, 12:01   Link #1255
Drifloon

Quote:
Speaking of which, what are some of the problems of the anime and manga that wasn't present in the VN?
Spoiler for All episodes:
Old 2012-05-15, 12:05   Link #1256
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

1 major difference between anime and VN is the end of Banquet o.t.g.W., where Eva Beatrice in the anime says in red that everyone besides Eva, Battler and Jessica is dead. In the VN however she lists all the other 15 people being dead one by one in red instead. I am not completly sure about this though.
Old 2012-05-16, 04:34   Link #1257
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
I click on getting started, then click ep 5 - 8, then click link download japanese version, and on that page at the bottom it has a link to the page where you buy the downloadable copy. I am on the list of available countries. But when I click the link it brings me to a page that says "Message Sent; Access Forbidden."
I'm not on the list of available countries, and the message I get on that page is

"Access Forbidden
Your question/comment has been sent."

Looks as if you're getting the same thing, or near enough.
Old 2012-05-20, 14:44   Link #1258
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
About the Anime? Everything.
The manga was a pretty good adaptation.

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-05-20, 23:58   Link #1259
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
About the Anime? Everything.
The manga was a pretty good adaptation.
Chiaki Kon wasn't a very good director, was she? She was also on board with Higurashi when that was adapted. But does the problem lie with the director alone, or the staff? I mean, so much was cut from the anime's first season that they actually had to bring in Ryukishi07 to keep them from writing themselves into a corner, but in the end, the Higurashi anime was barely able to hold itself together as a standalone series. But it's probably too late to undo the damage done to Umineko.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2012-05-23, 00:06   Link #1260
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

And taking into account the horrible DVD sales, it's also useless.
The difference in Higurashi, was that its anime could be watched as an idependent own series without having to read the novel to actually get what was going on. Hell, at some points it even did better than the original. Umineko...well...it was an eyesore. And not just because of its veeeery crappy animation.

It's tough to be blue...
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a