AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-01, 10:59   Link #81
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Do it, do it, do it.
Edge just published what he know so far: edge-online.com
Short summary, apparently the recent leaks for the ps4 are real and the next dual shock will have a touchpad, which replaces start and select(?). Furthermore it will have a share button that will record your gaming, so you can show off your mad or bad gaming skills to the internet public.
Furthermore it seems like sony is waiting for MS to reveal how much usable memory is available on their machine, before deciding if they need to upgrade theirs. So basically specs are nearly complete except for the amount of ram.
Seems like this pad will be hella expensive... better not let it fall!
Old 2013-02-01, 11:01   Link #82
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Best not use it for fighting games too.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:15   Link #83
Zexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
small touchpad cost nothing. It's not like Wiiu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Best not use it for fighting games too.
huh?
Old 2013-02-01, 11:16   Link #84
Sides

Quote:
Before getting people confused, it is just a touchpad like the things you have on netbooks/laptop. The psvita back-panel has it and apparently the new DualShock will use the same tech form the psvita. But unlike the psvita the tochpad will be placed on the topside of the gamepad, and located in the area which is currently occupied by the select start button on the DS3/DS2/DS (and everything before). So it shouldn't be that expensive to produce.

edit: got beaten by Zexas...
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 11:31   Link #85
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Ah, was thinking of something like a small lcd-panel lol

But what are the advantages of a touch-pad, easier navigation?
Old 2013-02-01, 11:37   Link #86
demino_hellsin
That one guy

My limited experience in fighting games has taught me controller buttons wear out quickly when used for extensive fight gaming. Racing games also leave some serious stress on analog sticks and d-pads. At least for me.
Old 2013-02-01, 11:45   Link #87
Zexas

Quote:
My limited experience in fighting games has taught me controller buttons wear out quickly when used for extensive fight gaming. Racing games also leave some serious stress on analog sticks and d-pads. At least for me.
like I said small touchpad cost nothing.

most likely you're using xbox dpad which is sucks. PS3 and vita dpad (especially) is perfect for fighting games.
Old 2013-02-01, 12:21   Link #88
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
My limited experience in fighting games has taught me controller buttons wear out quickly when used for extensive fight gaming.
not for me, I've been using my pad for competitive matches and even in casual gaming sessions for god knows how long. But the buttons are as good as it was first bought.
it's probably the way you push the buttons that it gets worn out easily.

I use a stick on other games though like SSF4 and KOFXIII

anyway, I think they switched to a touchscreen for the pad to have more options... I guess?
If they wanted a record or screenshot button on the pad I can't think of any place to put it. If they wanted to keep the PS Pad's design with more features, I guess adding a touchpad in the middle in place of the old buttons there could work.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 13:14   Link #89
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Touchpad probably there to provide "touchscreen" motion without screen since you have TV screen to use. think it as laptop touchpad.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 17:10   Link #90
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
anyway, I think they switched to a touchscreen for the pad to have more options... I guess?
If they wanted a record or screenshot button on the pad I can't think of any place to put it. If they wanted to keep the PS Pad's design with more features, I guess adding a touchpad in the middle in place of the old buttons there could work.
Some people are suggesting that is was put in place for sony's crossplatform usage. They tried to promote this feature with the PS3 and vita, which was more like hack and patch solution. The PS4 will push the crossplatform feature with the vita even further. One thing that needs to be considered it that the vita was not incorporated with (crazy) Ken's PS3 vision and ps4 and vita is/was designed by a new generation of people, so it should be better supported, and hopefully we see more vita ps4 usage in the future.

I'm kind of excited to see that all 3 console makers are going unique ways, I guess 3rd parties have to make a hard decision this time around. Yes the ps4 and the next xbox might look similar on spec sheets, both using netbook apus plus desktop gpus, but the human interfaces devices are completely different. I'm pretty sure that 3rd parties will be left behind if they carry on making medicore AAA multiplatform games, which does not address the unique features each system has to offer. This generation is a truly new generation that isn't just a beefed up version of the previous one.
Old 2013-02-02, 05:06   Link #91
Sagi

I just hope that the PS4 won't cost $600 dlls like the ps3.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 05:18   Link #92
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Who in their right mind would make a fighting game with the use of touch pad anyway. Better just use an arcade stick.
Old 2013-02-02, 08:26   Link #93
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I'm sorry if my post came out as a huff of anger over old news. But I've yet to see them deny the statements either. I'm very unsettled about the possibility of the rumors even being true. If anyone can prove the claims to be wrong please tell me.

@_@
Please, please actually think. Why would Sony deny this charge from 10 months ago when they just started to confirm the "existence" of the Ps4 lately.

Think please.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 08:39   Link #94
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
I just hope that the PS4 won't cost $600 dlls like the ps3.
Unlikely unless they throw in all those extra peripherals. The most expensive thing in the rumored specs would be GDDR5 RAM. Nothing about the GPU or CPU should break the bank. The PS3 was expansive because of the Blu-ray and Cell.

It would be suicide to charge 600 again.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 08:43   Link #95
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Please, please actually think. Why would Sony deny this charge from 10 months ago when they just started to confirm the "existence" of the Ps4 lately.

Think please.
Because the general populace isn't as level-headed as you are to make this inferential analysis that those allegations are false due to past rumors, indications and very dubious current situation which raises worry?

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-02-02 at 08:58.
Old 2013-02-02, 13:31   Link #96
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Unlikely unless they throw in all those extra peripherals. The most expensive thing in the rumored specs would be GDDR5 RAM. Nothing about the GPU or CPU should break the bank. The PS3 was expansive because of the Blu-ray and Cell.

It would be suicide to charge 600 again.
Funny considering how RAM is one of the cheapest parts in a PC...

600$, only if is some kind of premium package. Any words about backwards compability btw? I really miss PS2 games
Old 2013-02-02, 14:10   Link #97
defki

Quote:

600$, only if is some kind of premium package. Any words about backwards compability btw? I really miss PS2 games
Cheap ass DDR3. You will find that thing in the bargain bin .

No info on BC and I wouldn't count on it. Of course Sony may surprise us.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 14:14   Link #98
Westlo
Lets be reality

No Cell means not much chance of BC unless they brute force emulate it.

I'm curious to see if versus 13, last guardian and agent have been bumped from ps3 to ps4, would explain the lack of media and info on them...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 15:15   Link #99
Sides

Quote:

GDDR5 is the type of ram found on graphics card, those are more expensive then commonly available ram used by computers as main memory.

Sony's Gakai is rumoured to be their BC solution, of course it might not be usable for some people, but the option is there.
Old 2013-02-02, 18:05   Link #100
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Yeah, I read my comment later and realized that GDDR5 is only for VRAM and GPUs haha

Doesn't it has to do with GPU then?

Cell was also an amazing CPU, running at 3.2ghz. But the GPU was "just" a nerfed 7800. And looking at the RSX specs, it's just funny how underpowered it's compared to today's standards.
Considering that was one of the strongest GPUs at the time, I wouldn't doubt if ironically, the new GPU will be based on the future GTX780 chips.

I also miss THIS PS3:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...at_E3_2006.jpg

Hope we get more color choices this time around!