AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 20:34   Link #241
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh man, I'm watching "House Hunters International" .. what you can get around the world for so much less than around any "developed" nation seems utterly amazing..!

Gigantic amazing modern super homes on a golf course in Mexico.. For $600K! That's the price of a semi-detached home here!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 01:09   Link #242
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Anyone here from the UK can advice on the costs of taking an holiday for a week in the Falklands?

This includes activities like mountaineering and fishing.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 01:11   Link #243
Ridwan

^I know Argentinean arguments over the islands are iffy at best, but you never appear to me an Imperialist die hard.
Old 2012-11-25, 01:29   Link #244
DorkingtonPugsly

I'd love to visit Berlin, I hear the music scene (at least for the kind of electronic music I listen to/produce) is big and great. Also looks nice too. Anyone live in Berlin or have visited there before that can give me some insight on the place?
Old 2012-11-25, 21:19   Link #245
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
^I know Argentinean arguments over the islands are iffy at best, but you never appear to me an Imperialist die hard.
I am tired of cities and warm villages. I want a getaway.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-06, 11:15   Link #246
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Come to ireland...we have booze!
Old 2012-12-06, 11:29   Link #247
willx
Nyaaan~~

lulz, @Malkuth, this is the visiting "Not-Japan" thread.. There's another visiting Japan thread..

So I'm thinking about the next place I want to go.. I think it'll either be Spain, Portugal, Greece or Italy. That's at least what I'm thinking now.. Maybe a Mediterranean cruise through the Aegean..

Outlook remains uncertain
Old 2012-12-06, 11:43   Link #248
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
lulz, @Malkuth, this is the visiting "Not-Japan" thread.. There's another visiting Japan thread..

So I'm thinking about the next place I want to go.. I think it'll either be Spain, Portugal, Greece or Italy. That's at least what I'm thinking now.. Maybe a Mediterranean cruise through the Aegean..

Barcelona is the best place I have ever visited, its a must.
Old 2012-12-06, 14:44   Link #249
Soverence

I honestly want to go and visit Italy before I die, I am about 1/4 Italian but I was raised basically in a Italian style so most of my personal culture is related. The culture and history of Italy is just so rich that I would love to visit it. We know we have family over in Italy, but we don't know who they are anymore and really have no way to contact them, and I find that makes it even more interesting.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 14:44   Link #250
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Hopefully planning a holiday to Beijing in June with the other half. Anybody ever been there? if so feel free to give travel advice, places to see (besides the obvious...great wall of china etc) food to eat etc that would be just swell =)
Old 2013-01-31, 12:59   Link #251
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, any European or Mediterranean holiday in the offing aside --

Heading back to Vancouver, B.C. (Canada) in a little over a week and potentially thinking about spending a few days either in Seattle, Portland or anywhere that's only a short drive/flight away. Any thoughts or commendations? Because I'm visiting during non-holiday times -- many of my family and friends will still have work and thus my fiance and I will have a few days to ourselves!

We're finally "going home" to report our engagement in person .. And well, to figure out potential wedding logistics type issues that may arise, so it won't be all fun and games..

EDIT: Come to think of it, I haven't been back in town for any real length of time in over 2 years .. I barely know the restaurants and places to go to in Vancouver anymore either ..

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-31 at 13:36.
Old 2013-07-21, 09:09   Link #252
walkofshane

^ I want to visit Quebec when I get better in French. Maybe next year.
In the immediate future, though, I am planning to visit:
Myanmar - for all the lovely temples. I hope I can ride in a hot air balloon so I can see some of the spires better
Peru - for Macchu Picchu
Morocco - for the lively local culture
walkofshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 09:18   Link #253
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Now I want to visit this place. *sarcastic*

But come to think of it, the background is rather idyllic and simple. Maybe Nepal or Mongolia might be similar.

Old 2014-01-24, 00:55   Link #254
Seitsuki
Onee!

Will be stopping in HK for a few days before entering the mainland. Anything of note here? Particularly anime related? >_>
Old 2014-03-15, 14:20   Link #255
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Has anyone here visited Israel, including the border areas and those prone to rocket attacks?

What would be a "highly experiential" trip be like?

Old 2014-03-16, 04:21   Link #256
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Has anyone here visited Israel, including the border areas and those prone to rocket attacks?

What would be a "highly experiential" trip be like?
AFAIK you wont be allowed to visit the border areas and rocket attack prone areas without some sort of special permission. At least thats how it was for me when I travelled there with my family. You will be able to go to say, tel-aviv which is an awesome city in itself. What would classify as highly experiential? If you want to go to a paradise island where some crazy eye-opening shit has gone down, AND where you might now be allowed to travel a little more freely; Sri Lanka. I haven't seen it mentioned even once here, but it really is a wild place, and i highly highly recommend taking a trip there, doing both north and south.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 00:10   Link #257
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Currently in Daejeon....going to Seoul later this week

Anyone know any good places to go in both cities and good places to buy gifts, particularly cheap yet nice accessories for a girl?

EDIT: Oh, and incidentially, since it's sakura season, anyone know any good hanami spots in these two cities?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2014-03-30 at 00:22.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 16:23   Link #258
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post

We would be glad to have you here in Lisbon.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

*end shameless plug*
Old 2014-04-01, 08:41   Link #259
Sammy388

Prague is absolutely amazing. If you're interested in going to a european capital but don't wanna blow a ton of money, it's perfect! They're not on the euro which certainly helps. But besides that it is absolutely gorgeous. The Charles Bridge, the Vltava river, Petrin Hill, all of it. I lived there for a year and it was just one of the greatest experiences. Plus the food and beer are amazing. Has anyone else been? I just love gushing about my experiences there
Sammy388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 06:02   Link #260
willx
Nyaaan~~

Whew ..

So back from a massive "escape from work" vacation and boy was it a doozy.. - 14 nights

From Toronto to London (2 nights)
London to Paris (2 nights)
Paris to Nice, onto a luxury cruise ship (8 nights) which visited:

Nice
Monaco
Portovernerre (by the Cinque Terre)
Livorno (Port closest to Florence & Pisa)
Portoferraio (Napolean's first exile)
Olbia, Sardinia
Porto Vecchio, Corsica

And then, to top it all off, 2 more nights in Rome!

Tags
travel