AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-22, 12:54   Link #241
Utsuro no Hako

Unless Yuu's hiding some serious neuroses, I don't think she'd be able to carry a story by herself the way Mokocchi does, so the spin-off will depend on the quality of the other characters. I know her friends have turned up a couple times, but they never did anything that I can recall. I'd actually prefer a Kii-chan spinoff since she has the more interesting personality.

My big worry is that the mangaka already have to do two chapters a month and even now a lot of them are pretty short, so how'll they handle three?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 14:18   Link #242
Diveman

well it is going to be a four-panel strip, so I guess the author can handle that.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 23:46   Link #243
Utsuro no Hako

"I didn't mention this before, but I'm really a slut. I'm always doing it with people at school every day." There isn't enough facepalm in the world.

Man, do I feel bad for Tomoki.
Old 2013-02-14, 13:18   Link #244
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

chapter 35

man got beaten pretty bad by her mom for forgetting the application, but really this time was totally her fault for forgetting to mail the application, but then that wasn't on purpose, but that is not an excuse in such a situation, but then she tried so hard for her little brother's apology, i think she really broke down saying that "i am a slut and i always do it with people in school",

in the end she was left alone yet again and this time pushed away by her brother, but may she deserved it.

really my thoughts about Tomoko in this chapter are not sure and mixed up
Old 2013-02-14, 15:22   Link #245
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
chapter 35

man got beaten pretty bad by her mom for forgetting the application, but really this time was totally her fault for forgetting to mail the application, but then that wasn't on purpose, but that is not an excuse in such a situation, but then she tried so hard for her little brother's apology, i think she really broke down saying that "i am a slut and i always do it with people in school",

in the end she was left alone yet again and this time pushed away by her brother, but may she deserved it.

really my thoughts about Tomoko in this chapter are not sure and mixed up
I think you're taking it all a bit too seriously.

The spin off seems kind of unnecessary to me, especially since this manga has barely been out a year. Since it's a 4-panel I'll check it out, but I feel like the mangaka's is trying to capitalize on the series popularity as much as possible while it's still at it's height. I'd much rather they focus on doing a chapter a week then trying to make a new spin off series.
Old 2013-02-14, 21:40   Link #246
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I love this series...but only because Tomoko's such a damn trainwreck
Old 2013-02-14, 22:08   Link #247
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
The spin off seems kind of unnecessary to me, especially since this manga has barely been out a year. Since it's a 4-panel I'll check it out, but I feel like the mangaka's is trying to capitalize on the series popularity as much as possible while it's still at it's height. I'd much rather they focus on doing a chapter a week then trying to make a new spin off series.
I suspect this is just a limited-run series to promote the anime. As successful as the series has been, it's still only running in an online magazine, so they need to draw more attention to it to make the anime a success. I doubt the mangaka had any part in the decision beyond the publisher saying, "Hey, we want to do a spin-off. Do you think you could do a 4-panel in addition to the main series?"
Old 2013-02-15, 00:47   Link #248
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-15, 03:20   Link #249
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
I think you're taking it all a bit too seriously.
i have grown too fond of this series, even though it's suppose to be mostly comic, sometimes it feels serious and depressing, but it's just me,
may be i am taking it a bit too seriously just this chapter in particular.
Old 2013-02-15, 12:04   Link #250
Shyni

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
What the hell? Is that from the spinoff?
Shyni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:11   Link #251
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyni View Post
What the hell? Is that from the spinoff?
No, just a joke from the fantastic Downman Sayman.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 12:13   Link #252
Shyni

Oh. Alright.

Anyway, Tomoko feels like more of a trainwreck than usual in the latest chapter. Now she just seems incompetent.
Old 2013-02-15, 12:58   Link #253
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Oh. Alright.

Anyway, Tomoko feels like more of a trainwreck than usual in the latest chapter. Now she just seems incompetent.
She was always incompetent, selfish and self-centred.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 13:19   Link #254
Shyni

Well, now it's like she's not even trying anymore, considering how quickly she screwed up, and how nonchalantly (is that the right word?) it was depicted. It wasn't even shown in real time. She just recapped it in her head for less than a single page.

Not really a complaint, mind you, but it's depressing.

Last edited by Shyni; 2013-02-17 at 13:29.
Old 2013-02-17, 13:36   Link #255
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Well, now it's like she's not even trying anymore, considering how quickly she screwed up, and how nonchalantly (is that the right word?) it was depicted. It wasn't even shown in real time. She just recapped it in her head for less than a single page.
But there was a kitty, and it was cute, and it wanted to be petted. Tomoko absolutely did the right thing -- cats are more important than her brother.
Old 2013-02-22, 16:44   Link #256
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Just read the first chapter of the spin-off. It was pretty much all about Tomoko. I take it this series will deal with her past.

What's with her and wanting to grope her friends?
Old 2013-02-22, 18:02   Link #257
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Just read the first chapter of the spin-off. It was pretty much all about Tomoko. I take it this series will deal with her past.

What's with her and wanting to grope her friends?
Well, I just went looking for the spin-off manga and, although I didn't find it, the title got me laughing about two minutes ago, and I haven't stopped yet: It’s Your Fault That My Friend Is Not Popular!

From what I did read in announcements, the manga not centered on Tomoko, but her best friend Yu-chan.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:05   Link #258
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The spin-off was a good laugh(at seeing how pathetic Tomoko was back then, that is (>.>) ), but I really can't see how this could continue to entertain me as the main series has. The material just seems good 4 a tank extra chapter rather than it's own series. It's only the first chapter though, so I'll give it a couple more to see where it's going.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 22:19   Link #259
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Tomoko has been lusting for her friend since they were kids. lol
Old 2013-02-22, 23:03   Link #260
Utsuro no Hako

Yuu may be the star of the spinoff, but Mokocchi got all the best jokes -- the training wheels and trying to get Yuu to call her Kuroneko being my favorites.

Also, the anime site's been doing a feature where they have other manga artists contribute pictures of Mokocchi, and this week's is particularly eye catching (and NSFW)

Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, slice of life, yuri