AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: Haruka or Mitsuki?
Haruka, and respondent is male 259 45.52%
Haruka, and respondent is female 54 9.49%
Mitsuki, and respondent is male 216 37.96%
Mitsuki, and respondent is female 40 7.03%
Voters: 569. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-14, 17:25   Link #201
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I liked Mitsuki, but never liked Haruka. I felt Mitsuki to be a little more real and relate-able and as for Haruka, her personality and everything just got on my nerves I suppose. Pretty simple answer..
Koshiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-14, 23:21   Link #202
Roflsaurus
ROFL!!!!!ROFL!!!!ROFL!!!!

Hi I'm new here and I just finished this series probably like 2 weeks ago or so. I for some reason cant decide but I am leaning more towards Haruka. I was reading on other forums and all these people were saying mitsuki was so strong and they said Haruka couldn't help takayuki if she was in mitsuki's shoes. I for one disagree.

First I really liked mitsuki and understood why she betrayed her best friend because she loved takayuki and she wanted to help him and wanted him to move on to make him happy. Her emotions got the better of her. She suffered yes but she could have moved on from takayuki and found someone else but no she chose her decision. But the part that scares me and breakdown when I think of what happened between shinji and her that night. I know they slept together but what kind of things. They could have done a lot of really "naughty" things. But if they did I don't think takayuki would've forgiven her. She lost control and realised that takayuki could be the only one for her. And shinji realised to stop hiding his crush on mitsuki and go for the girl at his school. BUt she is way too insecure and I think she deserved to be with takayuki but I think it should've been haruka.

One I realized that Haruka was in love with takayuki for like 3 years and mitsuki said that a lot of guys confessed to her but she waited for him. Mitsuki was confessed to a lot but said no not for takayuki. What really made me like Haruka was her courage when she said goodbye to takayuki who she basically loved for 6 years. She understood that he needed to go after mitsuki. She loved him but realized that 3 years have passed and there was nothing she could do. She showed so much courage and she should've been with him. But I'm glad that mitsuki did even though I thought Haruka should've.

For some reason I hated shinji at the end and mitsuki to because of what they did. I just can't get over it and broke down so much and just dzed off that I cant go to sleep. I cant get over it for some reason even though it's just an anime.
Roflsaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 16:11   Link #203
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

yeah this anime affected me as well... it was a wierd anime but a good at the same time... it was kinda depressing, i watched it one time, and i cant prepair myself to watch it again as i do other animes that i like...i really get depressed looking at it but thats why the whole serie is about...post dramatic stress disorder...and not about the relationship between main characters.. i believe that they put a good example what a person in real life would act and do if he/she would experience this...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 17:11   Link #204
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

I voted for Mitsuki because I felt she was always the right one for Takiyuki. Right from the beginning I felt those two had the better connection and even without the accident those two would have ended up together. You could tell it was her he actually really liked and they did nothing wrong doing what they did while Haruka was in a coma.
Sun Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 20:20   Link #205
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
I voted for Mitsuki because I felt she was always the right one for Takiyuki. Right from the beginning I felt those two had the better connection and even without the accident those two would have ended up together. You could tell it was her he actually really liked and they did nothing wrong doing what they did while Haruka was in a coma.
I just finished watching the series today (over a three day period). I think it's obvious that down deep that Takiyuki was in love with Mitsuki. In the first episode when he went to the tree he thought Mitsuki was going to confess to him. Which he wouldn't have thought if he hadn't noticed her feelings, and didn't have some feelings toward her. He also was so ambivalent toward Haruka at first.

That said, I'm not sure I agree that if the accident hadn't happened that those two would have ended up together. Takiyuki was getting pretty serious with Haruka (hello, they were in bed, yes?) - and while Mitsuki was able to get him to come to her side, I think the Takiyuki of three years ago would have moved forward with Haruka. Further, if Haruka was ok, I don't think Mitsuki would have been willing to be honest with herself or Takiyuki.

FWIW...
Old 2007-07-25, 00:07   Link #206
Enni

Hai im enni i just finishd watching the series london (u.k or england what eva u no the country as) recieve things so lateeeeeee! but i finally got my hands on the last dvd and had to sign up for a forum to talk about it quite emotional about the anime i am!

i voted for mitsuki!!! cos i think she had putted up with alot from the begining it was obvious thats she had feelings but cos of hers and haruka friendship she allowed haruka to be with him and even helped her how painful can that be having to give away ur love!!!

It is only Natrual that mitsuki looses herself and then express her feelings to takiyuli when haruka was in the coma cos she had to be with takiyuki everyday trying to help him etc.

But i have to say Takiyuki was a jerk! because he was playing with two ppls feelings and not even stopping to think about it which put alot of ppl in pain. What takiyuki had for Haruka after was guilt. I'm glad tho i have to say he finally learns that he reali wants to be with Mitsuki because she went through alot she never stopped loving him from the start til the end.

Arhhh i feel sadddddd *sobs* so sad that it had to end so fast but it was good i don't think i can watch it again either because i always get a tagging feeling in my heart wen i watch it makes me reali emotional i was crying like a baby at the end LOL xD
Enni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 12:30   Link #207
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
I felt bad for Haruka, and she was so sweet unlike Mitsuki. I don't really like Mitsuki.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 16:36   Link #208
Echoes

I liked both Mitsuki and Haruka, they were both strong women who went through many hardships and usually dealt with them very well. I ultimately chose Haruka, though. I found her the most "deserving" of the two in the end. Mitsuki was a charming and lovely girl, but the fact that she just gave up, went to town and decided "whoever's available tonight gets to do me" made me lose a lot of respect for her. I realize that her circumstances were bad, but I still don't think having sex with one of your partner's best friend is excusable.
Old 2007-08-15, 04:51   Link #209
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

I blame the guy in that situation. Mitsuki was mentally unstable and drunk at the time. It was him who took advantage, he was in a fit state and he chose to betray both of them. Its a common thing that happens though unfortunately, people get drunk and want to shag anyone, giving up. They certainly cannot be blamed though, IMO its like an illness that kind of state.
Old 2007-08-15, 13:40   Link #210
Echoes

I think putting all of the blame on the booze is just too easy, she has to take at least some responsibility. Though I agree that Shinji is more at fault than her, since he was presumably sober and free from any mental issues.
Old 2007-08-15, 19:58   Link #211
Mitsuki20

Mitsuki, definitely. I like Haruka too, but I felt that Mitsuki represents the realism in a relationship - betrayal, love, jealousy, etc. Her character is unique, fresh, and offers a whole lot of "truth" in a girl's everyday life. I feel that I can relate more to her since the creators made her character to be that way - realistic.
Mitsuki20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-16, 02:07   Link #212
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Wow, there's a lot of male respondents..

I voted for "Mitsuki" because, though she may have been why Haruka is in the hospital, but come on, it was just an accident..

As you can see in the first few episodes, she was holding back her feelings so that her bestfriend would be happy.

She didn't really "betray" her bestfriend, because she never kissed Takuyaki anyway.. Before the accident.. I mean, come on!! She's inlove for crying out loud! Who ever said emotions are easy to control?

(And I bet some of you experience being dumped/rejected yet you still wanna pursue the girl you love. Why didn't you control your emotions, huh?)

Besides that, she made it her responsibility cause she felt guilty for the accident (you do know what accident means, right?) that happened to Haruka, so she quit the swimming team (w/c means a world to her) and find a job.

Haruka, of course being angry, have to accept that time won't stand still for her for 3 years.. Everything is moving, everything is changing..

I find the fault here and most absurb character is Takayuki.. Yes, of course you get lonely and all, but after he revives, he can't make decisions of his own.. He's a coward, and I don't approve of him.
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 01:53   Link #213
Echoes

I think there are valid points on both sides of this debate, and that's what makes KgnE such an excellent series. Being in a coma for three years, of course things are going to change, but from from Haruka's perspective, she's barely been gone.
Whether Takayuki should have dated anyone while she was in a coma, or how long he should have waited if the answer to the former is yes are not easy questions to answer. In reality, I think it's hard to hold back, especially considering he had no idea if she would ever wake up at all, and I don't blame him for getting involved with someone else.

I'm not blaming Mitsuki for Haruka being hospitalized, though. I don't think anyone can seriously hold that conviction, it was all coincidences, and you might as well say that Takayuki was responsible for being late, or that Haruku should have picked another spot to wait at. No one's to blame, except possibly the driver of the car, since I don't know the details regarding the crash I can't even say that for sure.

My decision for Haruka for partially based on my liking of her character, her circumstances and partially because I didn't approve of all of Mitsuki's actions. I have no problem with the ending, though, I did like Mitsuki as well, but I felt immensely sorry for Haruku, especially the scene where she tells him that she'd like to part with him with a smile. *wipes tears*
Haruka seemed to recover and lead a successful life, though, so she had a partial happy ending. I'd have trouble coming to terms with the time lost, not to mention all the people that'd have outgrown me. I'm sure Akane was a great support and key player in Haruka's recovery.

That should be more than enough ranting on my part. Cheers.
Old 2007-08-19, 17:23   Link #214
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I'm not blaming Mitsuki for Haruka being hospitalized, though. I don't think anyone can seriously hold that conviction, it was all coincidences, and you might as well say that Takayuki was responsible for being late, or that Haruku should have picked another spot to wait at. No one's to blame, except possibly the driver of the car, since I don't know the details regarding the crash I can't even say that for sure.
Oh, i am certainly holding the conviction that Mitsuki is partially to blame for Haruka's accident. Haruka being hospitalized in coma for 3 years was the result of an accident. What caused that was: 1) the truck driver smashing in to the wall; and 2) Takayuki being late for his date. Reason for Takayuki being late - Mitsuki's interference with his schedule. As such, Mitsuki is is partially responsible for point 2), which makes up for one of the two factors ultimately leading to the accident.

Of course, the vast majority of blame for being late lies on Takayuki himself, as he was unable to get his priorities straight, but i don't think it is possible not to link Mitsuki with Haruka's accident. There are 3 people whose actions are to be blamed for the accident - driver, Takayuki and Mitsuki.

No, it was not intentional, and no - she had no way of predicting it, nor do i believe it was anything she wanted. This doesn't change the fact that she is partially responsible though, whether she wanted to or not. Things don't just randomly happen - everything going on around us is a direct result of someone's actions. Coincidence and accident are usually convenient excuses used instead of the word 'consequence' when people want to avoid responsibility. (Ignoring the fact that accident means a situation that is not intentional, but that much is clear in this case^^) Haruka's accident is a direct consequence of two major factors, and Mitsuki is partially responsible for one of them.
Old 2007-08-19, 17:31   Link #215
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I think it just nasty how Mitsuki feel about Haruka after so much time... she doesnt consider her as her friend, but more as a competition who is going to win Takayuki's love... it is clear that Takayuki has some feelings for Haruka, he almost had sex with her, kissed her,but after so much time has passed by, Mitsuki was the only one who offered him comfort and took care of him, that is clear why he ended up with her... eventhough i would rather see that he stays with Haruka...

but,

already in the first episode, it is clear to me that Takayuki has a secret crush on Mitsuki... and that explains a lot...
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 17:45   Link #216
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Oh, i am certainly holding the conviction that Mitsuki is partially to blame for Haruka's accident. Haruka being hospitalized in coma for 3 years was the result of an accident. What caused that was: 1) the truck driver smashing in to the wall; and 2) Takayuki being late for his date. Reason for Takayuki being late - Mitsuki's interference with his schedule. As such, Mitsuki is is partially responsible for point 2), which makes up for one of the two factors ultimately leading to the accident.

Of course, the vast majority of blame for being late lies on Takayuki himself, as he was unable to get his priorities straight, but i don't think it is possible not to link Mitsuki with Haruka's accident. There are 3 people whose actions are to be blamed for the accident - driver, Takayuki and Mitsuki.

No, it was not intentional, and no - she had no way of predicting it, nor do i believe it was anything she wanted. This doesn't change the fact that she is partially responsible though, whether she wanted to or not. Things don't just randomly happen - everything going on around us is a direct result of someone's actions. Coincidence and accident are usually convenient excuses used instead of the word 'consequence' when people want to avoid responsibility. (Ignoring the fact that accident means a situation that is not intentional, but that much is clear in this case^^) Haruka's accident is a direct consequence of two major factors, and Mitsuki is partially responsible for one of them.
all fine but mitsuki clearly showed guild, regret, sorrow etc for what happened ~ i cant fault her if she understood that she was partially the cause of haruka's coma and she tried to amend things by getting taka back on his feet (maybe for her own benefit but on the whole for taka to fall in love with her was just an added extra in her doings after the accident)
the accident wasnt an excuse for mitsuki to go jumping onto taka and she didnt do that which is an important point ~ she had no choice after that year (cant remember how long the emo moped for) ~ it was either help him up or let him fall deeper in sorrow...it was time to move on for both of them :/

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 19:17   Link #217
Echoes

Responsibility was not the right word.

I was hasty, you're right; I'm wrong.
Old 2007-08-19, 23:47   Link #218
4Tran

In order for fault to apply to an action, isn't it necessary for the actor to have first done something to cause it, and for the result to be a foreseeable consequence? Logically speaking, it doesn't seem to make any sense to assign responsibility for completely unpredictable events.
Old 2007-08-20, 02:26   Link #219
Sun Shine
Destroyer of the Good

I agree with 4tran, how can Mitsuki be responsible for an accident. An accident isn't something that happens on purpose, it maybe due to a number of consequences but blame cannot be given to anyone but the people directly involved (the driver) when something unforseen happens especially when they are an extraneous variable in the situation, Mitsuki did not directly cause the accident. She if anything is a victim of the accident as well.
Old 2007-08-20, 13:08   Link #220
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
all fine but mitsuki clearly showed guild, regret, sorrow etc for what happened ~ i cant fault her if she understood that she was partially the cause of haruka's coma
I am not trying to determine to what degree she should be accounted guilty, i am debating the fact whether she is connected to Haruka's accident ... which she clearly is in my opinion.

I am not saying she is fully responsible for the accident (The word accident alone implies it is not intentional, thus i don't think she can be damned that much), however the accident happened because of two major factors, one of which Mitsuki unknowingly set in motion. No, i am not going to condemn her to the depth of hells for this, but the fact remains: Mitsuki's actions (even if unintentional) created one of the two factors that caused Haruka being involved in the accident.