bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Im wishing that Rollo will stab Nina when Shirley's funeral come
Old 2008-07-06, 09:34   Link #482
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

I find it kinda funny that before this almost every person said "She is pointless side characther", "LuluxShirley will never work out perfectly". And who is now sobing and hating Rollo after her death?
Just a pointless spam this is, you can just ignore my thoughts. It is nothing worth it anyway.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:34   Link #483
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
No way. For R1, you really need to remember just 3 incidents: the Mao incident, the Euphie incident, and the Black Rebellion. You can pick up the other details along R2.
Holy shi--! Ok... *Opens UTorrent*
Old 2008-07-06, 09:36   Link #484
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Holy shi--! Ok... *Opens UTorrent*
The Mao incident: Won't understand today's ep without it, along with why Viletta is in her situation.

Euphie incident: Changed MANY things.

Black Rebellion: Without it, how do you make sense of the first few eps of R2?
Old 2008-07-06, 09:41   Link #485
Archaic

Interesting little scene in the new OP that no one seems to have picked up on yet. There's a small bit immediately before the flashing faces sequences at the start, showing three figures standing on a cliff, with what appears to be the royal manor house we've seen before in the background. The figures are probably too small to make out who they are however.

If there really is any symbolism in this opening, I wonder why the hell this was put in there?
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:41   Link #486
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

You need to get a sense of atmosphere, lessons, and characterization out from the R1. The three events listed are good examples, but you won't be able to get everything. Personally, just do your best to watch the whole R1.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:42   Link #487
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

The first 3 series had a good introdution to the series. The beggining of geass, First meeting of C.C. and Lulu, also the whole "Ragnarok" announcment.
The Mao incident - 11 ep to 16 ep.
The Euphie incident 21 ep to 23 ep.
The Black Rebellion - 24 ep to 25 ep.
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:42   Link #488
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The Mao incident: Won't understand today's ep without it, along with why Viletta is in her situation.

Euphie incident: Changed MANY things.

Black Rebellion: Without it, how do you make sense of the first few eps of R2?
Fine, spear me more... I deserve it.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:44   Link #489
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Fine, spear me more... I deserve it.
Actually, watch it. Because you deserve it. XDD {lame L'Oreal ad came to mind XD}

But srsly, you should watch it. It's only rational that you're missing a lot of important things.

Btw, no breaks have been announced yet right? I mean, the next epis will be aired without any weekly breaks and stuff? Like normal schedule.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:45   Link #490
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

They did announce a next episode, so I think (hope) they will.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:46   Link #491
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Eh? Geass can be rejected? (Sorry, I didn't watch R1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
I don't see how she can reject since it isn't something that she REALLY don't want. LIke killing Japanese in Euphy's case. Don't die senerio seems acceptable as an order. XDD Unless the lack of blood to her cerebrum negated the order.
euphy reject the geass because suzaku is the target while she massacred the other people - I though at first that the geass indeed useless for her but from her converstion with lelou she's already talking (forever love , reincarnation)as if she will definitely died

ok just think about it if the geass indeed work won't she started screaming "I want to live" instead professing her undying love for him?
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:46   Link #492
ptoss1
Banned

i actually think none of the other characters are going to die any more
the exception beinf orangkun dieing for lelouch (he was standing beside villeta in the OP) to fulfill some kind of promise (in my mind: he dies while smiling at lulu)
other exceptions: charles, VV, CC, anya
because 1 of them is main antagonist (but i also think charles might not be all that bad) and 3 may be aliens (who i think are going to either: die happily after an eternal like, or go off into a happy land ala jupiter)

the opening just seems too happy for the series to have a sad ending
ptoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:47   Link #493
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
Actually, watch it. Because you deserve it. XDD {lame L'Oreal ad came to mind XD}

But srsly, you should watch it. It's only rational that you're missing a lot of important things.

Btw, no breaks have been announced yet right? I mean, the next epis will be aired without any weekly breaks and stuff? Like normal schedule.
Sure i'd like to.... only thing I can't find a single---- Nevermind, it's against the rules to ask for it anyway...
Old 2008-07-06, 09:48   Link #494
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

All Code Geass openings doesn't fit the atmosphere. I think I speak for all animes as well. *Except for something like Gundam 00... It remains on the sweet and awesome side on the ending of every episode.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:51   Link #495
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
I never thought that Geass can be rejected. In terms of like "really dismiss the order."
Only thing i have gotten {of course i may be wrong} is that when a Geass order is given that is too much to bear {like when Euphie went all "no, i don't want to kill Japanese" or when Shirley before she got her memory erased the first time she screamed "no"} the "victims" seem to react in the beginning like they want to cancel it, but in the end they can't.
As for Euphie being quite sane in the end in the hospital maybe it was because she had another shock cause she got shot? Not sure how to explain this. {been a long time since i've watched the epi, maybe i should re-watch it sometime soon}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:51   Link #496
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
This ending failed. Opening better lol.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:53   Link #497
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
in ep 14 of season 1 just before he used his geass on sherly lulu told her that if theres really a thing like reincarnation he would (he never said the rest)
and now to mirror it she talks about it two
Old 2008-07-06, 09:54   Link #498
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Speaking of opening, they need more animation. Seriously, they just reused like half of the stuff that has already been shown both from the previous Ops and in the anime.
Old 2008-07-06, 09:56   Link #499
Kikuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic View Post
Interesting little scene in the new OP that no one seems to have picked up on yet. There's a small bit immediately before the flashing faces sequences at the start, showing three figures standing on a cliff, with what appears to be the royal manor house we've seen before in the background. The figures are probably too small to make out who they are however.
Nice find !

And actually you CAN make out who they are, it's very simple !

Spoiler for Who they are:

Now, WHAT could this mean ?
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 09:56   Link #500
mangastuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post

Dude.. where did I say not wanting loved one to die is a sin? The point that he geassed her and took her mind away is a sin. She never asked that she wants to forget everything in the end did she or asked to be controlled with don't die? (someone Japanese please answer) If that's the case then I'll rest my thought.

-Was this the wisest thing for Shirley - to die in a mind that wasn't controlled by herself?
Hm, I know you are one of the few Lulu anti-fans but this level is ... hm... I guess when ppl think too much they can discover really weird ideas

What do you call those doctors who make efforts to save heavily injured people who are 99% to die anyway ? sinners ? Should they not doing anything but try to call the patients up and ask them if it is ok for the doctor to save them ?

Although they know that many ppl wanna die not being hurt anymore, do you think it is a sin not to give up the miracle 1%?

Her mind is just controlled not to die (and she doesn't wanna die as well)... besides that part it is still her mind ... don't imagine too much
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote