Notices

Old 2012-09-25, 01:32   Link #1521
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Or that White Cosmos is simply a "blank person". xD

AKA gender bent version of Kirei. xD
F/Z or F/SN version? 'Cause I can see her wanting to make Accel World burn alright... and it's plausible she didn't PK KYH when KYH challenged her to a duel just so she can have KYH suffer more...

Yeah, what Wilfriback said. It's possible... >.>
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 03:16   Link #1522
judasmartel
*Author

I read about WC being dangerous for both Haru and KYH should Haru meet her in real life. Because, well, she could NTR the hell out of KYH.

So, KYH/WC is the Kiritsugu Emiya/Kirei Kotomine equivalent of Accel World, huh?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 06:40   Link #1523
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

Saw this one in the internet. date of OVA between SAO and AW.
February 17,2013
Old 2012-09-25, 07:20   Link #1524
Zeriand
Banned

Okay, speculations. So some of you have said,

1) KYH is Black, a color that does not exist.

2) WC is white, a color that encompasses a little of everything or just everything.

While I agree with the above logics, some of you have arrived at some rather... opposite conclusions than I have. Some of you mentioned that KYH is the favorite child, which is quite weird, because if a person is needed/wanted by someone, there's no way they would want to disappear. You don't want to exist, because nobody wants you too, or you feel like you're completely useless and unable to help anyone in anything.

Whereas WC had seemed a perfect being in KYH's eyes. She trusted and loved WC a lot, and while we do not know just how capable WC is, she has to be someone that's pretty good to draw KYH's admiration. We can assume that she's the true favorite child or popular person in many people's eyes as compared to KYH.

Now, there's two ways we can go by here. Either WC is originally a good person and was forced upon a lot of expectations because of her exceptional abilities - including KYH - until one day she could take it no longer and decided to take revenge on the one person who expected the most out of her, KYH.

Or she was a bitch from the start who believed that she was perfect in everything. This is actually a lot more plausible (and certainly suits my taste for pure evil) considering that she has no mercy whatsoever towards other people (there's a real example here which I'll refrain from putting in, since it's spoilers) and would do anything to achieve her goals. And why not? She's admired by everyone, thought highly by everyone, and perhaps there might be people who're willing to bend rules just for her. She had thought everything to be hers, and it was her right to take it. F/SN Gilgamesh thinking style, except less cocky and much more careful. SHE is the favorite child, and everyone else, especially KYH, is going to be her shadow.

It's extremely likely that, KYH, in attempt to follow her sister's steps, tried very hard to improve herself and while WC didn't show it, she didn't like it that her sister was getting closer to her level. KYH was suppose to be her eternal shadow behind and WC the light and radiance who has everything, and not the other way around. And so she tricked KYH into destroying herself because if she does it directly, it would mean that KYH is a real threat to her, and she's not going to admit that. There's probably some irony we don't know hidden in KYH's past and WC finds it amusing to employ it.

This is the general way of doing things, anyway. Not sure if the author can come up with something new, but granted that Nomi was introduced to be such a dick that, I'm pretty sure he has no troubles making WC even worse.
Zeriand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 07:32   Link #1525
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

I agree with most of the things you said but about KYH, she once said in Episode 2 that her avatar is created because of EVIL THOUGHTS so meaning, KYH is the one who had a desire of evil. Maybe she thought of wanting to kill her sister because she's MISS PERFECT or something like that. Also, Since WC is MISS PERFECT then she is a PERFECTIONIST, one who wants to get rid of IMPERFECTIONS that's why her ability is Invisibility because she can also make something disappear too(that's what i read about her ability that she can make other things disappear too) And thus, if we connect all the random theories, we can come up with a Fan Base Prediction for Volume 12 and onwards about WC and KYH.
Old 2012-09-26, 00:00   Link #1526
Zeriand
Banned

Ah, btw, is there a Accel World Manga thread here? There's a new Accel World Manga (Actually I don't know whether it's new) out there that talks about a new character called Aluminium Valkyrie - who seemed to be the Red King's sister - seeking out the Black Lotus, while not knowing that she had killed him.
Old 2012-09-26, 00:20   Link #1527
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Her brother isn't the Red King. He's Glass Monarch, an ex-member of Nega Nebulous.
Orange Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 01:11   Link #1528
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeriand View Post
Okay, speculations. So some of you have said,

1) KYH is Black, a color that does not exist.

2) WC is white, a color that encompasses a little of everything or just everything.

While I agree with the above logics, some of you have arrived at some rather... opposite conclusions than I have. Some of you mentioned that KYH is the favorite child, which is quite weird, because if a person is needed/wanted by someone, there's no way they would want to disappear. You don't want to exist, because nobody wants you too, or you feel like you're completely useless and unable to help anyone in anything.

Whereas WC had seemed a perfect being in KYH's eyes. She trusted and loved WC a lot, and while we do not know just how capable WC is, she has to be someone that's pretty good to draw KYH's admiration. We can assume that she's the true favorite child or popular person in many people's eyes as compared to KYH.

Now, there's two ways we can go by here. Either WC is originally a good person and was forced upon a lot of expectations because of her exceptional abilities - including KYH - until one day she could take it no longer and decided to take revenge on the one person who expected the most out of her, KYH.

Or she was a bitch from the start who believed that she was perfect in everything. This is actually a lot more plausible (and certainly suits my taste for pure evil) considering that she has no mercy whatsoever towards other people (there's a real example here which I'll refrain from putting in, since it's spoilers) and would do anything to achieve her goals. And why not? She's admired by everyone, thought highly by everyone, and perhaps there might be people who're willing to bend rules just for her. She had thought everything to be hers, and it was her right to take it. F/SN Gilgamesh thinking style, except less cocky and much more careful. SHE is the favorite child, and everyone else, especially KYH, is going to be her shadow.

It's extremely likely that, KYH, in attempt to follow her sister's steps, tried very hard to improve herself and while WC didn't show it, she didn't like it that her sister was getting closer to her level. KYH was suppose to be her eternal shadow behind and WC the light and radiance who has everything, and not the other way around. And so she tricked KYH into destroying herself because if she does it directly, it would mean that KYH is a real threat to her, and she's not going to admit that. There's probably some irony we don't know hidden in KYH's past and WC finds it amusing to employ it.

This is the general way of doing things, anyway. Not sure if the author can come up with something new, but granted that Nomi was introduced to be such a dick that, I'm pretty sure he has no troubles making WC even worse.
Technically, it's not that Black does not exist, but more "we have no clue what it actually stands for".

And this reminds me of Fate/Prototype actually... if we take Cosmos to be Manaka and KYH to be Ayaka. Cosmos would be the genius, the (more) talented one with all the expectations that she will be the success of the family line, and pushed hard to uphold those expectations. KYH aren't as good as Cosmos, so their parents have more leniency towards the younger sister. Eventually Cosmos flips out under the pressure, that though she's the 'favoured' one of the siblings KYH seems to be the one that has more love from their parents. Diverging from F/Prototype, my guess is as follows:

Spoiler for Divergence:

All this is just crazy theorizing however, I have no proofs to back this up
Old 2012-09-26, 09:34   Link #1529
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Technically, it's not that Black does not exist, but more "we have no clue what it actually stands for".

And this reminds me of Fate/Prototype actually... if we take Cosmos to be Manaka and KYH to be Ayaka. Cosmos would be the genius, the (more) talented one with all the expectations that she will be the success of the family line, and pushed hard to uphold those expectations. KYH aren't as good as Cosmos, so their parents have more leniency towards the younger sister. Eventually Cosmos flips out under the pressure, that though she's the 'favoured' one of the siblings KYH seems to be the one that has more love from their parents. Diverging from F/Prototype, my guess is as follows:

Spoiler for Divergence:

All this is just crazy theorizing however, I have no proofs to back this up
You can NEVER go wrong with Type moon. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 13:12   Link #1530
Zeriand
Banned

Well the plot you stated is right there in my ramblings as well, but it just feels rather generic right now and can use a little more creativity. I'd rather have WC as a pure evil/selfish person - which also is kinda generic nowadays but probably not that much yet - who cares for no one but herself than a couldn't-handle-dat-pressure woman.
Old 2012-09-26, 17:29   Link #1531
judasmartel
*Author

^ But there's the question of what exactly is a creative story. Toaru, how awesome may it be, has its own downsides, as well. But at least they're developing the story now.

I still have faith in AW to develop its story more, though I can't shake the feeling that what people actually want is a battle royale against the Six Kings of Pure Color, because, well, the goal is Level 10, right?

But NN is still recovering from a 2-year loss (real life), so it's not yet as powerful as advertised. Once the Four Elements are all back to NN, though, they're pretty much next to unstoppable in legion battles.

I agree with WC becoming evil, but there must be a huge reason behind it, since she's closely related to a main character in the story. I also agree that the ARS has to be dealt with first before NN even gets to fight the Six Kings (probably including Niko).

Bonus points for this is the first time I would see a White Mage character as a villain, unless WC is actually closer to a Paladin than a WM, or anyone else here knows any WM villains in fiction.

EDIT: I always think of this or FF2j's "Castle Pandemonium" whenever I imagine WC fighting the heroes.

judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:30   Link #1532
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I have a sneaking suspicion that WC isn't even evil at all. I mean, this wouldn't be the first time a character turned out to be different from what we once understood.

I like to think that WC acted the way she did for an underlying reason - a greater good. There are plenty of characters who have been disguised as either good or evil for their own motives no one suspects. WC could very well be outsmarting everyone that knows her.

She could be seen as "white" in the sense that she is actually not evil, and have "cosmos" as either a mysterious trait or that her spirit is godlike/merciful? We don't know enough about her character to label her yet, I don't think. Besides, would we really be able to pinpoint such an ambiguous character as a villain so easily? Think of the authors previous characters. Like a certain red cloaked player from SAO. Not many knew what he was all about.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 07:59   Link #1533
Zeriand
Banned

WC not being evil will automatically label WC Arc as another sob story that some of us - for example me! - cannot stand, because it's another sob story! Again! And that irritates me! *narrates Handsome jack style*
Old 2012-09-27, 09:09   Link #1534
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

WC in her ability called Resurrection by Compassion accelerates the time of respawn in the UNF. So WC's ability is similar to Chiyu's in controlling time. But the difference is WC ability is like Accelerating time at will in AW(the opposite of Vise's deceleration[stated in episode 23]) and Chiyu to be able to turn back or forward time. So since Lime Bell has an increased role in the LN, Lime Bell could be crucial in WC debut.

----Agree or Disagree?
Old 2012-09-27, 11:17   Link #1535
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I still think WC's role is unpredictable at this point.

And yea Chiyu is becoming increasingly important, but im not sure that one move will bridge much of a connection to WC. Vise and WC have their own themes while Bell specializes in time manip. Those three don't seem to have too much in common generally though.
Haru's new ability should draw the attention of the BBRS more so than Chiyu.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 20:16   Link #1536
sky black swordman

Hmm Are you saying WC is like Itachi from Naruto who di evil to protect or like Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass who became evil to destroy the greater evil ?
Old 2012-09-27, 22:05   Link #1537
Lycodrake

...honestly I've become so lost with this conversation that it's just sad.

Do we even have pictures of White Cosmos? And I mean clear ones not from the single anime instance.
Old 2012-09-28, 03:10   Link #1538
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotheos View Post
WC in her ability called Resurrection by Compassion accelerates the time of respawn in the UNF. So WC's ability is similar to Chiyu's in controlling time. But the difference is WC ability is like Accelerating time at will in AW(the opposite of Vise's deceleration[stated in episode 23]) and Chiyu to be able to turn back or forward time. So since Lime Bell has an increased role in the LN, Lime Bell could be crucial in WC debut.

----Agree or Disagree?
I'm going to have to go for 'disagree'. 1) it's not confirmed (yet?) WC is the one with Resurrection of Compassion, and 2) Vise's deceleration technique isn't part of his Duel Avatar, but the BIC in his head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
Do we even have pictures of White Cosmos? And I mean clear ones not from the single anime instance.
None whatsoever. Cosmos wasn't even in the anime >.> (anime studio mucked up, she was at the 7 Kings meeting in the LNs but the anime has Ivory Tower there instead of her)
Old 2012-09-28, 05:55   Link #1539
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

Quote:
I'm going to have to go for 'disagree'. 1) it's not confirmed (yet?) WC is the one with Resurrection of Compassion, and 2) Vise's deceleration technique isn't part of his Duel Avatar, but the BIC in his head.
If the BIC chip caused the deceleration ability, then why did Taker said "he is the only avatar who has the decelartion ability in AW" in episode 23? I think all ARG members has the BIC chip.
Old 2012-09-28, 05:58   Link #1540
Rotheos
Platinum Crusader

THere is, actually there are only 3 Healers in AW and one being a King so WC is the healer King since all the other kings have been introduced in the LN. So in other words she is the 3rd healer making Megumi aka Orchid Oracle(i think this is her name?) the 2nd healer. Coz the 2nd healer focefully uninstalled her bb because of legions fighting over her and Megumi fits the character having lost her BB.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality