AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai character
Maebara Keiichi 146 38.32%
Ryuuguu Rena 181 47.51%
Sonozaki Mion 97 25.46%
Houjou Satoko 55 14.44%
Sonozaki Shion 90 23.62%
Furude Rika 188 49.34%
Hanyuu 141 37.01%
Akasaka Mamoru 57 14.96%
Ooishi Kuraudo 34 8.92%
Irie Kyousuke 30 7.87%
Tomitake Jirou 16 4.20%
Takano Miyo 76 19.95%
Other 15 3.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-01, 13:11   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Higurashi Kai (2nd season) - Favorite Character(s) Poll

Welcome to Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai - Favorite Character(s) Poll - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai characters.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!
If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to (such like Kasai Tatsuyoshi, Houjou Satoshi, Okonogi, etc.).

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.
Old 2008-01-01, 14:01   Link #2
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The I other I voted for was Gin-sama
Old 2008-01-01, 15:19   Link #3
angel.shade

Rika. Hands down.

The blend of her demure, cute "child" persona and her "dark side" was something else, and absolutely the most awesome thing in the entire show.

I would also throw an honorable mention in there for Kasai simply for having an awesome character design and voice actor. He reminds me a hell of a lot of the Washimine Group yakuza Ginji from Black Lagoon.
Old 2008-01-01, 16:15   Link #4
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I voted for everyone except Takano. I really love the characters in Higurashi so much, to the point that choosing 1-3 favorites is impossible.
Old 2008-01-01, 16:27   Link #5
Vicke

This season was all about Takano for me. The story behind her motives and her final defeat is what made the biggest impact on me.
Old 2008-01-01, 17:05   Link #6
LesAmiesNoir
A hopeless romantic girl

I loved so many of the characters but if I should be critic the ones that made the most impact on me as persons are Mion and Keiichi.
Mion shows herself being a strong leader and a kind friend, both she and Keiichi really show their charisma in this season, which I enjoyed very much. Hearing them talk was the most inspiring moments.

Others who got votes are Satoko and Shion, Rika and Akaska; all of them for the warm family relation that they had between them. Especially during the last arc when Rika was overjoyed to see Akasaka coming to help them, and also when Satoko announced that Shion was her "ne ne"

Also Takano gets a vote beacuse she is a well thought through character, with thinking motives behind her actions, she doesn't just go out for "the sake of being evil I will kill you all." which you have seen in many shounen animes. There was actually very much understanding and reasoning behind what she did, and why she did it. Selfish, yes. But that is one of the most human traits in people.
Old 2008-01-01, 17:13   Link #7
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

I voted for Rika. I don't think I need to explain why.
Then, despite the fact that she's the villain in Kai, I voted for Takano because I pretty much felt sorry for her at the end of the series. I know she would have been a very nice person if only her parents hadn't died (Perhaps she would have looked like a grown up Lambdadelta ).
And my last vote goes to Gin-sama (Other), because her making fun of Takano was just epic win.
Old 2008-01-01, 17:24   Link #8
Lanner Falcon
Lord of the Crimson Realm

Definitely Shion. The elder of the Sonozaki twins has proven herself beyond a doubt the most loyal character in the series, even if she wasn't given much screen-time. Just look at episode 22-24.
Old 2008-01-01, 18:01   Link #9
BakaOnna

Higurashi has such a wonderful cast of characters who were all very well developed. It's hard to not vote for all, but I narrowed it down to three.
Rika: After what she's been through, she's definitely a favorite of mine.
Keiichi: I liked Keiichi since season 1, but I absolutely adored watching his charismatic and gar speeches in Minagoroshi-hen. Guy totally owned.
Rena: And sure, she didn't do much in Kai, but she's still my favorite Higurashi character.
Old 2008-01-01, 18:02   Link #10
Echoes

• Keiichi. Keiichi was always a cool guy in my mind, but he didn't show his true colors in the first season. His persistence and high spirit helped Rika accomplish what she set out to do, and he always looked good doing it.
  • Rena. Well, what can I say. I got a softspot for Rena, she's just too adorable and nice.
  • Shion. Barely made it in because of her limited screentime, but I still like Shion, I loved her in the fist season, and she's still very likable.
  • Rika. Rika's Rika, she's our fate-breaking, never-aging, pain-enduring, nii-pah-ing, lovable protagonist.
  • Hanyuu. Wo-ho-ho. Hanyuu was irresistible, she's even cuter than Rena, and that's saying something. I simply loved how she could change completely and show us her dark side, though, that really made her a great character.
  • Takano. Takano was a great villain, though I despise her for her actions, I admit she had determination and an iron will.

The rest of the cast is great as well, but it would sort of defeat the purpose if I included everyone, unfortunately.
Old 2008-01-01, 18:13   Link #11
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Shion, Mion, Rena, and Akasaka.

Kai mostly featured Rika and not much of anyone else, so these are pretty much my first season favorites, plus Akasaka who was insanely GAR in Matsuribayashi-hen.

Shion's been my favorite since her hilarious debut scene and my vote didn't show ;_; edit: nevermind, I see it now

Last edited by tripperazn; 2008-01-01 at 19:23.
Old 2008-01-01, 18:51   Link #12
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Come on, Shion fans - it's close! Make your voices heard...
Old 2008-01-01, 19:04   Link #13
Rayneing
Trombe!

Keiichi - Keiichi is the hero of Higurashi. He made a lot of mistakes near the start, but he is also the first to learn from them, and then helps the others when they make the same mistakes. When Rena becomes paranoid of her friends just like he did, he is the one that convinces her to believe in them. When Shion decides tha killing Satoko's uncle is the only solution just like he did, he is the one that manages to convince her that they need to find a non-violent solution. And ultimately, he and Rika are able to save Satoko frm her uncle, which allows Rika and Hanyuu to learn the truth about Takano. It's only a shame he doesn't feature so heavily in the last arc, something I hope changes in the third season.

Mion - Mion is without a doubt the most loyal to her friends out of all the characters. She is after all, the only one that never loses her faith in them even once, something even Rika has done. Constantly throughout the years, she has made herself into a kind of caretaker of everyone else, constantly looking after them as the leader of the club, and her loyalty is put to the test in the last episode where she is willing to take a bullet for everyone else.

Rika - Rika has had a hard time. She's been forced to watch her friends succumb to Hinamizawa Syndrome over and over again and die over and over again, and she has no idea why any of this is happening. She has become disillusioned with everything, and wants nothing more than for this cycle of death to stop and finally grow older with her friends. Rika's struggle is the central part of the story, and it is heart-breaking to watch. However, Keiichi is able to show her just how important faith in her friends is, and eventually, she is able to conquer fate by believing in everyone else just like they believe in her.

Akasaka - I've been a fan of Akasaka since he first appeared in season one, even if it was only for two episodes. Just like Keiichi, he is one without ties to the village, which also means he is in a perfect position to help Hinamizawa with its problems. It was only unfortunate that Rika's message never got through to him until the very last arc. Akasaka's dedication to protecting Rika (and the totally badass way he did it) makes him one of my favourites easily.

Last edited by Rayneing; 2009-03-25 at 20:29.
Old 2008-01-01, 19:47   Link #14
phenom
Maebara Keiichi fan

Exclamation

Keiichi is the best Character of higurashi since season 1,
I absolutely adored watching his charismatic and GAR speeches in Tsumihoroboshi-hen and Minagoroshi-hen.

go keiichi
Old 2008-01-01, 20:38   Link #15
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thank god this isn't a single vote thread, but still will be pretty tough to not vote for everyone .

But really after having so many episodes and getting really involved with this cast picking the favourites is a pretty interesting trip. But think I can narrow it down to three characters and still be satisfied with it all.

Rika - Don't think I could make a vote on this series without giving one to Rika-chan. She really stepped into things in this series as the protagonist role shifted onto her. Finding out that through everything she had been battling hard against the tragic deaths of herself and her friends was touching. Really developed, dealing with grief and overwhelming despair of never being able to break through. But thanks to her friends and especially Keiichi finally was able to stand up and fight to the victory.

Keiichi - You really have to give him major points in this season. Started in the first as a guy who lost faith in his friends and succumbed to the syndrome in a tragic story. But stands strong this time as a catalyst for breaking the tragic fate that surrounded the characters. Showing Rika that it is possible to change things and you can't accept what is going to happen as being absolute. Showing his ability to change people in the rescue Satoko mission, bringing together the village for that cause.

Rena - For the final pick will have to give respects to Rena. Still was able to show her intelligence and ability to pick up things that is so useful to the group. She has her great moe moments that you just have to love that can disguise that at times. Plus she can swing a mean cleaver and still not kill someone. Her 'magic' in episode 2 was just worthy of mention in itself. Really grew to like her character even more than I did in the first season. Just behind Rika and Keiichi in my mind.

Some honourable mentions to Akasaka who came to the rescue this time and kicked everyone in his way. Also Hanyuu for just being incredibly moe. She did a great job of growing from a person who didn't think she could do anything into one who really came to the rescue at the end.
Old 2008-01-02, 15:31   Link #16
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Wow, I didn't expect Takano to have as many votes as Hanyuu at that stage.

Anyway, for some reason I ended up liking the characters with less screentime more, so I voted for Shion, Takano, Irie and Ooishi.

Old 2008-01-02, 23:29   Link #17
starry_sky45
Cherry Blossom~

Send a message via AIM to starry_sky45 Send a message via MSN to starry_sky45
Well, I like every character in Higurashi. I don't think there is even one character that I don't like. I even liked Onibaba in Kai

Alas, I had to vote for Rena of course. Shes just too adorable
Old 2008-01-03, 11:17   Link #18
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

anyone who likes season 2, HAS to vote for rika :P
Old 2008-01-03, 15:52   Link #19
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Mion - My favorite Higurashi character, and possibly character in any anime, through and through. To me she's the cutest (with Hanyuu and Satoko in tough competition) and funnest out of the cast, with her shy side, her ojisan side, her cosplay crazy side, her leader side - all mixed into one just plain awesome package. You can't find other characters like her. And I think Rayneing said it best, she's the go-to girl if you want a loyal friend - just look at how Rena and Shion both went to her (over, say, Keiichi or an adult) when they were worried about losing it.

Akasaka - Because he kicks butt, takes names, and well... he's just generally really awesome. (and totally a descendant of a Saiyan)

Hanyuu - Most moe moe blob ever. <3

Also voted for Keiichi, Satoko, and Ooishi for various reasons. I already loved her, but Satoko in the first two arcs was just... yeah. Kei-chan for all the reasons everybody already loves him - master of words, man among men, and all that jazz. And.. how can you NOT vote for Mister Delicious? He's been one of my faves since waaaay back.

I would have voted for Takano, if only because she was an outstanding villain, except... she kind of became rather... pathetic come the last three episodes and any respect I had for her was flushed down the toilet.

The other characters were all great, but yeah, gotta only pick a few or there'd be no point to the poll, yeah?

Last edited by Keiichi no Hibi; 2008-01-03 at 16:03.
Old 2008-01-03, 17:24   Link #20
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Keiichi - Loved him in Season 1, loved him even more in Season 2. I looved his GAR and COOL-ness during Tsumihoroboshi-hen and Minagoroshi-hen. xD "K!!!!" Sure he made mistakes during the first season, but he learned from them as the worlds went by. I looved how he cheered up Rika by saying that you have to make your own fate or something like that. Love him so much! GO KEIICHIIII! :3 I was sad that the last arc didn't have that much Keiichi, but oh welllz.

Rika - When I first watched season 1, I was rooting for Keiichi all the way, but along the way I also climbed aboard the "LOVE RIKA-CHAN". I blame you Higurashi Kai. Though anyways, man dying so many freakin' times and only once has she given up hope until Keiichi saved the day. She's gone through so much.

Hanyuu - Even though I only knew her for one season, she's climbed into my heart. xD I just love her "auaus" and her dark side that was unexpected. xD Like RIka she's gone through a lot too in witnessing the events and feeling sorry that she couldn't help until the last arc. Au~

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Closed Thread