AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-07, 15:47   Link #61
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Had some interesting atmosphere and mood going on ,especially in the second half, but I probably won't advance past this first episode for the same reason I dropped Suteki Tantei Labyrinth...I have a really hard time enjoying shows with shouta leads. Just has never worked well with me...

Oh well was still worth it for some of the nicer music near the end.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 17:35   Link #62
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Ono Daisuke truly was born to voice Sebastian, he's absolutely perfect for the role.
Amen!

Quote:
Looking very much forward to seeing Madame Red (Paku Romi <3)
I will not be able to sustain the fangirling when that happens XD

Static icons from epi 1 (yeah Im gonna be making alot from this series
Spoiler for cut for space:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 18:01   Link #63
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Nice avatars Bun. I'm tempted to use one, though i can't say goodbye to Lenalee.
Old 2008-10-07, 19:09   Link #64
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

What a gloomy boy.

But the Butler is amazing. Hayate has nothing on this guy~!

Question to manga readers: will there be an overarching plot or will it be something like "My Butler, Awesomeness of the Week"?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:09   Link #65
LKK

I was surprised at how pale, almost ghostly, Sebastian looked. He's always been fair-skinned in the manga pictures I've seen. But his anime version seemed to take it a new level.

Nice icons, Manju.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 19:26   Link #66
Busaiku Chama
爆発

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Question to manga readers: will there be an overarching plot or will it be something like "My Butler, Awesomeness of the Week"?
There are arcs that span multiple chapters, but for the most part, they're not too tightly knit together, but some elements introduced at certain points do come back later.
Old 2008-10-08, 02:40   Link #67
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

A solide 1st episode, the cast for the main caracters was quite fit, i really liked the mood they managed to set.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:44   Link #68
Irkalla
I asked for this

Cool ep. Too bad they didn't actually fried the bastard in the oven
Sebastian is just
Old 2008-10-09, 02:16   Link #69
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Finding myself strangely attracted by young, black-haired men in black-white suits with good manners (Bartender) i had no choice but to watch it. Liked it so far, and even started reading the manga.

Yay Sebasuchan!
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:20   Link #70
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

The humour didn't do much for me (if anything it detracted), but they did a pretty good job with making the mansion sufficiently dark and spooky. I've about a million questions regarding how and why the stuff that happened in the second (and better) half did, but I'm assuming the series will answer those in due time.

This series could probably do without those pointless side characters.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 06:27   Link #71
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
This series could probably do without those pointless side characters.
They're just there to play on the humor. I kinda agree with you, though without them the humor would feel so out of place in the series.

As for what happened in the second half of the episode, i thought it was made quite clear with the opening scene, though you should be able to figure it out within a few weeks.
Old 2008-10-09, 11:49   Link #72
Kirarakim

I am not so sure about the humor and the main kid. It takes away from the creepy atmosphere for me.

But I loved Sebastian and the creepy stuff was done well.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 12:05   Link #73
Usami Haru
Mr. Broshido
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Delicious Sebastian. /fukken saved.

EP2:
Spoiler for 2:
Usami Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:07   Link #74
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

Just watched episode 1. I am behind.
This one is obviously one of the best shows this season. The character design and attention to Victorian detail is very nice, and reminds me of Le chevalier d'Eon a little bit, especially with the CG in the cart wheels. Creepiness is hard to pull of in an anime, and this one did quite well.
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:46   Link #75
Shadow Kira01

The character designs seem to be portraying 17th Century Europe. The atmosphere itself is somewhat creepy, which indicates that this anime is either a comedy or a supernatural one. The main character seems to have an eye-patch, which reminds me of Rental Magica and the fact that the butler is voiced by the same VA who did the protagonist of Rental Magica makes it interesting.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:05   Link #76
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 01: His Butler is Talented

This year's season is proving to release several titles with dark and creepiness themes all written over the atmosphere.

That was the main reason why I chose to try with Kuroshitsuji. I'm deeply entranced with Goth whether be the medieval or the Victorian style.

Sebastian exudes the sophistry and elegance of the faithful servant butler, however, his eyes conceal an aura of malice and wicked humor that compliments him as a strong character.

Ciel, on the other hand, is the demanding (by no means bossy) and bit of spoiled master child. He has never been like this, since the phantom memory of his child self playing with his parents in the hall room clearly informs the audience that Ciel was cheerful and optimistic boy.
Spoiler:

As for the very prologue of the series, my best shot to interpret will be the following:
Spoiler:

The creepiness and literary horror suspense was delivered with utmost development, as Damian was scared to the point of losing his sanity.
Spoiler:

Of course, the comedy is a welcomed break between scenes when the insanity and the creepiness have no end at all seeping from every corridor of the mansion.

I can think of kuroshitsuji as the black-humor anti-thesis to Hayate no Gotoku.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 18:55   Link #77
hirahira
a duck is fine too

only 4 pages in this thread? I'm surprised. The first episode was awesome! This will probably be my 2nd or 3rd favorite anime this season
Old 2008-10-09, 19:06   Link #78
zalem

Yes, there should be more chatting in here. Loved the first episode. This series looks like it'll be a lot of fun. A good load of black humor is always welcome with me.

I have not read the manga yet, though I'm thinking of picking it up now. Though maybe I should wait til the anime is finished. I'm curious whether they'll just cut the anime off or will they do an anime original ending since the manga isn't done yet...
Old 2008-10-09, 19:19   Link #79
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
The character designs seem to be portraying 17th Century Europe.
Not quite. The 17th century is the 1600s, the time of King James of the King James Bible version, William Shakespeare, King Charles, the English Civil War, etc. Kuro Shitsuji is set during the 19th century, i.e. the 1800s, a.k.a the Victorian era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
The main character seems to have an eye-patch, which reminds me of Rental Magica and the fact that the butler is voiced by the same VA who did the protagonist of Rental Magica makes it interesting.
Sebastian, the butler, is voiced by Daisuke Ono. The lead character of Rental Magica, Itsuki Iba, was voiced by Jun Fukuyama.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 23:10   Link #80
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Downloading the first subbed ep now but I know I won't get to it until later...augh.

I so love Ciel's BLUE eyes! And Sebastien...those who know me now what I would say.

Now I just need Hakushaku no Yousei to be subbed and I'm set for this season. 8Dbb

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen