AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2004-11-16, 17:03   Link #141
Rotweiler

Quote:
so it can't be that Gravitation was serialized in it. (maybe it was serialized in Birz comic girl's collection)
*sigh* that's what I said:

Gravitation, for example, was one of the titles that was included inside BIRZ for girls.

although, I should have separated the sentence from the previous one so people who just skim-read don't confuse it.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 18:39   Link #142
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

It's just 67 years since those two met. Thus implies thier great age. I belive it's well into 150 or 200 years as suggested.
Zafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 18:47   Link #143
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Anime-Keep also has released first two episodes, their filesize and resolution are smaller (175 MB, 704x396) compared to Ayu's (~229 MB, 768x432), so if you want to pick up either group they both have advantages.
Anime-Keep translated opening credits and seiyuus in ending, so that is definitely good in my book.

Screenshot comparisons:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
How dare they make those differences! I mean, Japanese is EXACTLY like English!

You don't just go toa perticular fansub group because of things like codec, resolution and filesize, or speed of subbing, but also thier understanding and interpretation of Japanese into English. That then becomes a taste thing. Personally, I think A-Keep is staying closer to the original Japanese, but Ayu is trying to traslate meaning, rather then words. So it's really up to whomever which they prefer.
Zafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 20:09   Link #144
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
*sigh* that's what I said:

Gravitation, for example, was one of the titles that was included inside BIRZ for girls.

although, I should have separated the sentence from the previous one so people who just skim-read don't confuse it.
sorry about that ^^;;

I thought you meant by "BIRZ for girls" that Birz comic is shoujo.

as to Birz comic Girl's Collection its a comic imprint and not a magazine.

Birz comic: targeted at male audience(shounen magazine, Rozen Maiden is serialized in it).
Birz comic Girl's Collection: targeted at female audience(comic imprint, shoujo or josei).

Last edited by NeoSam; 2005-01-01 at 15:12.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-17, 01:56   Link #145
Takemi_Ikazuchi

ep.6

Spoiler:
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 15:23   Link #146
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I find the male lead actually becoming more and more likeable as the show progresses, that's actually some good character development... however it seems there's more and more romantic development between him and Shinku I still think Tomoe is better than a doll Suigintou is still the coolest, for dolls that is
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 17:40   Link #147
Ending

"The heart that is about to stop."
"My heart is about to stop."

I sense a small translation mistake, unless *someone's* heart is really going kaput.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 19:39   Link #148
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Back to the question of Ayu vs A-Keep, I hope A-Keep corrects Ayu's wrong OP lyrics, but other than that, I will stick to Ayu, not because they're fast, it's also because they are going for the meaning behind the translations. As a song translator I favor more on meaning than literal translation.

And ooh yes, Suigintou is gorgeous, I wanna hug her. And the VOICE! Rie Tanaka (Lacus, Mariel, Chii, etc.)! Her voice is sexy <3
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:01   Link #149
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

"The heart that is about to stop"? that sounds funny on the other hand "my heart is about to stop" sounds fine...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 00:41   Link #150
Kupop
#BlastoMayo Tyrant

Send a message via AIM to Kupop
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureLight
but other than that, I will stick to Ayu, not because they're fast, it's also because they are going for the meaning behind the translations.
I sure hope the reason isn't because we're fast because, truthfully, we aren't.

Oh, and for the record, even though I'm the second editor for the series, I didn't actually have anything to do with the editing of the songs. *whistles innocently to himself*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
"The heart that is about to stop"? that sounds funny on the other hand "my heart is about to stop" sounds fine...
You're saying it sounds funny without even considering the next part of the lyrics. That isn't the full line.
Here are both parts:

Last edited by Kupop; 2004-11-24 at 01:21.
Kupop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 03:16   Link #151
USCPharmacist

Kid and doll, sounds like banable material by the Religious Rights, both Christian and Muslim.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 18:41   Link #152
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

Like THAT'S ever bothered us anime watchers...
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 18:46   Link #153
Srin Tuar
無謀

episode 8:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 18:56   Link #154
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Kid and doll, sounds like banable material by the Religious Rights, both Christian and Muslim.
We should make that a flagship slogan for Rozen Maiden, it'll shift copies like Aids in a Catholic Co-Ed University during Fresher's Week.

Old 2004-11-27, 14:26   Link #155
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Yes, I'm aware I'm behind, but I finally saw episodes 05, 06, and 07 (Chinese Subs). I only had about 80% comprehension, and I have a hangover watching those episodes (from last night's CS: Source + Beer binge with friends for hours on end). Anyways...

Spoiler for Massive comments on 05, 06, and 07:

I'm really liking this show. I'm still going to download the English versions so I can understand the finer details of the show. Also, the Chinese version weren't widescreen versions . Oh well...
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 03:30   Link #156
LK_LoA

I just seen ep 1-4. So far, nice character designs but the story doesn't seem to go anywhere interesting yet. The nice things are the small touches like Shinku having magical power but is unable to reach the door-handle. XD
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-28, 05:18   Link #157
AzureLight
I've Sound Freak

Send a message via ICQ to AzureLight Send a message via AIM to AzureLight Send a message via Yahoo to AzureLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
I just seen ep 1-4. So far, nice character designs but the story doesn't seem to go anywhere interesting yet. The nice things are the small touches like Shinku having magical power but is unable to reach the door-handle. XD
Aww, you should watch it for the cuteness~!
AzureLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 12:38   Link #158
Trax
Rock beats scissors

*bump* Ep5+6 are out.

Spoiler for ep5+6:
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 13:04   Link #159
Ansible

Woohoo! Glad to see 5+6 out. Thanks Ayu!
Ansible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-03, 16:47   Link #160
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Spoiler:

By the way, I was wondering if they had a term or name in French for people who are masters at making dolls? Any French guys know?

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, supernatural