AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-09, 14:20   Link #1501
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

By the way, if you shine a white light through a transparent piece of glass, the resulting beam of light would be... white.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:26   Link #1502
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

To be honest, the first time Kuroh popped up, I thought he was a member of Blue since he was glowing blue, but I think that's just the way the studio animated things.

It's not this site, thankfully, but most anime fans who watch this are all like, 'OH GOD MORE YAOI VIBES'...
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:17   Link #1503
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
It's not this site, thankfully, but most anime fans who watch this are all like, 'OH GOD MORE YAOI VIBES'...
IKR!? It's always KYAH!! MisakixFushimi LOL
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 22:27   Link #1504
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
*coughs* Check out the early pages, the anti-BL brigade was out in full force, although it's true that some other places (like tumblr) have gleefully latched onto all the (sub?)text and run with it.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:20   Link #1505
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post

The whole point of the previous and current episodes, I thought, was to hint at the strong likelihood that the current Shiro is actually the silver king (Weissmann), and that the current colourless king used to be in that body - until the night that Totsuka was killed, after which he took over Weissmann's body. The whereabouts (or body) of the current colourless king is still unknown, but it also seems clear that his power, which changes with each incarnation, is to swap his consciousness with that of others.
This is exactly what I got out of it also if I put together all the episodes since the end of episode 7 and further.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 06:28   Link #1506
Tworble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defade View Post

If the Colorless King is the Black King, why go out of the way to call him the "Colorless" king instead of just the "Black" king? It makes no sense.
Perhaps they want some mystery around who the other kings are, so they call one king "Colorless" instead of white or black. If he was represented by black, the mystery king would be white, and if he was represented by black, it would be black. Keep in mind that they also use white/black symbolism to represent Kuro and Shiro as a kind of hint. We keep the mystery because we don't know if Kuro himself is the black king or if he served the black king, or if Shiro is the white king or the silver king.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 09:27   Link #1507
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworble View Post
Perhaps they want some mystery around who the other kings are, so they call one king "Colorless" instead of white or black. If he was represented by black, the mystery king would be white, and if he was represented by black, it would be black. Keep in mind that they also use white/black symbolism to represent Kuro and Shiro as a kind of hint. We keep the mystery because we don't know if Kuro himself is the black king or if he served the black king, or if Shiro is the white king or the silver king.
Considering that Kuro served the former colorless king (and from what I've read of Stray Dog Story I don't see any reason to disbelieve that claim) I'm pretty sure he's not the black king, the story is just playing up the symbolism of their nicknames.
Old 2012-12-12, 04:56   Link #1508
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get the impression that Kuroh's powers are 'BLACK" other than his nickname...he was basically King Aizen's second in command...

I know this show isn't doing too good in Japan...though I have my fingers crossed for a second season...if only to answer all of the questions that this season asked, especially in regards to all of the Kings. Interesting that the Green group seems to be the only ones not involved in things.
Really? From what I've heard, sales are doing pretty well in Japan... Especially for side materials. For the DVDs, they are about average, but sales don't usually start picking up until everything's aired.
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 07:30   Link #1509
mistress_kisara

There's a new synopsis of episode 11 on the official website can someone translate it?
Old 2012-12-12, 08:04   Link #1510
DiabloCthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
There's a new synopsis of episode 11 on the official website can someone translate it?
Spoiler for summary:
Just fyi, all summaries are translated on the facebook page.

They added glossary section on the website. It would be much appreciated if someone translated it. At least some interesting things.
DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 14:43   Link #1511
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

*sigh* I guess I should stop reading this topic or something.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 19:43   Link #1512
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Really? From what I've heard, sales are doing pretty well in Japan... Especially for side materials. For the DVDs, they are about average, but sales don't usually start picking up until everything's aired.
Yeah, from what I've been reading on GoRA's twitter, it seems like the merchandise and side novels are selling out like hot dogs.
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 19:53   Link #1513
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
No spoilers please. PLEASE.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:38   Link #1514
DiabloCthulhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
*sigh* I guess I should stop reading this topic or something.
Nah, there's nothing to discuss, summary doesn't say anything that wasn't obvious from the preview.
DiabloCthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 22:57   Link #1515
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Yeah, from what I've been reading on GoRA's twitter, it seems like the merchandise and side novels are selling out like hot dogs.
Oh. My bad then.

Good, maybe since it's a success, we'll get a second season? *keeps fingers crossed

Off topic: Is the Side Story with Kuroh translated yet?
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:18   Link #1516
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Oh. My bad then.

Good, maybe since it's a success, we'll get a second season? *keeps fingers crossed

Off topic: Is the Side Story with Kuroh translated yet?
The first chapter of Stray Dog Story is out and I saw someone translate a snippet from the novel that covers what the trio was doing when they were hiding from everyone (I think Defade did that one?).
Old 2012-12-13, 02:03   Link #1517
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Side:RED especially. It was like, sold out everywhere and requires emergency reprint. I almost lost my preorder too.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 08:52   Link #1518
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloCthulhu View Post
Spoiler for summary:
Just fyi, all summaries are translated on the facebook page.

They added glossary section on the website. It would be much appreciated if someone translated it. At least some interesting things.
I actually forgot about their Facebook account.. Thanks for the synopsis!
Old 2012-12-13, 11:03   Link #1519
EroKing

Old 2012-12-13, 13:23   Link #1520
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural