AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-05-28, 17:15   Link #1221
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
They always make the shield and/or beam rifles on those MSIAs too big. It just looks ugly.
Well, they're primarily action figures, not display pieces, although many people collect them and don't play with them. Anyway, it would be bad if a kid choked on the weapon or it lost it, because then the child couldn't play with full efficiency .
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 18:00   Link #1222
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

I only have 1 MSiA and thats strike with the 3 packs, great fun to play with and is usually the MS getting killed/toyed with by others in my pics,
If i want action figures to pose/collect/show off i get GFF, i might post some pics of my new Blue destingy GFF
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-28, 22:15   Link #1223
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

I would love to get my hands on the MG F91. Btw anyone know a faster way of using topcoat matt without it frosting? I've always had to wait till the weather is nice and sunny before applying least there be frosting.
lighthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-29, 05:23   Link #1224
nightbringer360

What topcoat do you use?

Personally, I buy Games Workshop's Purity Seal - it's a satin topcoat, and gets the effect I want nicely. Plus you get a nice big can, unlike those pissy ones that Tamiya give you that don't last more than one model's worth of runners.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 02:31   Link #1225
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

Anyone know the link to the site that had that one modded WZC with the flexible feathers using wires and some type of paper to form the feathers? I know it was posted here a while back, before the forums went down earlier this year. Besides that, anyone know of that one modded Wing Ver Ka that was a black base color scheme with 3 inverted wings or something...forgot the link to that one as well...hope you guys can help. Thanks!
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-30, 04:52   Link #1226
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Upcoming SEED/DESTINY releases

http://i3.tinypic.com/116i2p5.jpg
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 00:41   Link #1227
lighthand
MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbringer360
What topcoat do you use?

Personally, I buy Games Workshop's Purity Seal - it's a satin topcoat, and gets the effect I want nicely. Plus you get a nice big can, unlike those pissy ones that Tamiya give you that don't last more than one model's worth of runners.
I use the Mr Hobby Top Coat (Matt). So far I can only use it during a sunny day, else frosting will occur. I've seen in mags that you can put the can into a tub of water to prevent frosting. But I've no idea if the water's supposed to be hot or cold (cause the mags in Jap, and I can't read it.)
lighthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 01:44   Link #1228
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga
Upcoming SEED/DESTINY releases

http://i3.tinypic.com/116i2p5.jpg
This isn't the first time I've seen this link, but it IS the first time that I noticed one of the Strike Noir models is wearing the IWSPack.

It would be ironic if, after all the demands out there to let Strike Rouge fight with the IWSP, the pack ended up making its first anime appearance on Strike Noir.
Old 2006-06-02, 01:46   Link #1229
monster

That's the Noir Striker, not IWSP.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 01:50   Link #1230
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
That's the Noir Striker, not IWSP.
Nope. The small bottom central picture is most certainly the IWSP.

The Noir Striker is the bigger picture to the right of it. The cannons, the swords, and the backpack wings are completely different.

I can barely read the tiny writing next to it, but it appears there is suppose to be 10 different strike-packs compatible with Strike Noir. I am not sure if that implies the pilot actually have all ten packs stored and accessible back at his ship, or it's just a technical detail and that he doesn't have that many with him.
Old 2006-06-02, 02:00   Link #1231
monster

Ah, you're right, guess I need a new prescription for my glasses.
Old 2006-06-02, 02:01   Link #1232
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

10 packs huh o_O i like!

Lets see how many you can actually put in a strike gundam so far:

1. Aile
2. Sword
3. Launcher
4. IWSP
5. Lightning
6. Noir
7. Oowashi? (you can put it on HG 1/144s)
8. Shiranui? (same reason)

Hmmm.... could we be looking at 2 or 4 more striker packs? interesting

I dont know about the others, but I like the strike packs
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 02:03   Link #1233
monster

There's a gunbarrel pack too I believe.
Old 2006-06-02, 02:55   Link #1234
theOtherGuy
Newbie Member

The Lightning pack..? Which one was that (it's a little fuzzy in my head). But, what if the Astray Red Frame Flight Pack "existed." And who knows, it might be able to dock with a Meteor Unit too.

I think I might be one of those people who might...JUST MIGHT get everything that has a pack on it.
theOtherGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 03:04   Link #1235
monster

This one:

It basically gives Strike a longer operating time and an electromagnetic cannon.
Old 2006-06-02, 03:32   Link #1236
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

The last two missing from that list would probably be the Dopplehorn and Jet Strikers commonly seen on the Windams, plus the Gunbarrel pack that monstert mentioned, giving us a total of 11. If we didn't count the Akatsuki packs, then we'd still be missing a 10th pack, and MAHQ doesn't list any remaining packs not listed here.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 03:46   Link #1237
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
The last two missing from that list would probably be the Dopplehorn and Jet Strikers commonly seen on the Windams, plus the Gunbarrel pack that monstert mentioned, giving us a total of 11. If we didn't count the Akatsuki packs, then we'd still be missing a 10th pack, and MAHQ doesn't list any remaining packs not listed here.
You know what's fun?

The fact that each and every one of the ten packs could be incorporated into a Sky-grasper.

I want to see what a Noir-Grasper look like... pity that the Stargazer OVAs are likely going to be limited to the space setting, and as such would have no need of an atmosphere-only vehicle.

The SD Strike Gundam's model kit comes with a Sky Grasper, and the SD Grasper can use all three launcher packs at once to become the "Super Grasper". Pity it's only in the SD setting.
http://www.figure.fm/userimages//big/2006041303.jpg
Isn't it cute? Now, imagine if it was a proper CE fighterplane...
Old 2006-06-02, 03:53   Link #1238
monster

Well, there's the cosmograsper. I'm not sure if that's designed to carry the packs though.
Old 2006-06-02, 04:31   Link #1239
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
New July-August merchandise info UPDATED
According to info from Plamoya-san's Useless Diary Ex-S, an HGUC Powered GM is coming August 10th (Pam's Homepage gives the price as 1,260 yen). Additionally, the HG Verde Buster will be out on August 7th. Other release dates given:
1/100 Astray Gold Frame Amatu - July 6
HGUC GP02A - July 21
MG Gundam F91 - July 27

Pam's Homepage also lists:
HCM-Pro White Base supression squadron set (Zaku II J type, Magella Attack, and Cui) - July, 3,360 yen
HCM-Pro Char's Gelgoog - August, 1,680 yen

frm gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-02, 05:34   Link #1240
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
POWERED GM must get for 0083 collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOtherGuy
The Lightning pack..? Which one was that (it's a little fuzzy in my head). But, what if the Astray Red Frame Flight Pack "existed." And who knows, it might be able to dock with a Meteor Unit too.

I think I might be one of those people who might...JUST MIGHT get everything that has a pack on it.

Astray Red Frame FlightUnit is an upgrade of the M1's pack, and M1A has another type of upgrade and Jean Carry did dock with Meteor Verne (my future project)
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy