AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-20, 21:09   Link #221
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Jigoku Shoujo is the first season, and is licensed.

Jigoku Shoujo Futakmori is the second season and is not licensed.

So you may have watched Futakomori without watching the first season.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 18:30   Link #222
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Upon hearing that S3 would be coming out, I just had to get myself caught up with S1 and S2...

So here I am, after just watching the final ep of S2...
Spoiler for probably not needed...:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 19:15   Link #223
foux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Upon hearing that S3 would be coming out, I just had to get myself caught up with S1 and S2...

So here I am, after just watching the final ep of S2...
Spoiler for probably not needed...:
Shes still in season 3 ...
foux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 14:46   Link #224
seraphon

mmmm there are things I do not understand...... How in the hell did the girl who wanted to kill takuma survived in the end (and how did she try to commit scuicide)? And even if she didn't die, isn't she doomed to hell?

ahh I m still shocked after seeing this serie. How can all those people take the idea oh hell so lightly? How is suffering in the worst possible way for eternity after death a good trade of for a puny vengeance against someone you just dislike or for light reason such as the person treating you of idiot? I can understand that some people are stupid, desperate or whatever but that so many people in that town did so?

I do believe in the fact that mobs make weak willed people stupid but at the end it wasnt really a mob, it was just 5 horrible people..... and still they did stupid things.

arg I need to go watch something stupid BUT funny..... this serie is good but too much of it brings me the blues.
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-01, 21:23   Link #225
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
mmmm there are things I do not understand...... How in the hell did the girl who wanted to kill takuma survived in the end (and how did she try to commit scuicide)? And even if she didn't die, isn't she doomed to hell?

ahh I m still shocked after seeing this serie. How can all those people take the idea oh hell so lightly? How is suffering in the worst possible way for eternity after death a good trade of for a puny vengeance against someone you just dislike or for light reason such as the person treating you of idiot? I can understand that some people are stupid, desperate or whatever but that so many people in that town did so?

I do believe in the fact that mobs make weak willed people stupid but at the end it wasnt really a mob, it was just 5 horrible people..... and still they did stupid things.

arg I need to go watch something stupid BUT funny..... this serie is good but too much of it brings me the blues.
This is compairitive almost to the reason why people watch reality television. It doesn't seem as intimidating when it's somewhere else. Vicarious killing via spiritual intervention as well is the delayed effect of their own price allows them to settle in their denial. While stabbing them in the face would have the same effect, few have the courage to do it as well as such a fate wouldn't seem to fit the slight many of the characters seemed to have against them. It's really deeper then just the mob complex, the promise that Jigoku Shoujo offers appeals directly to the weakest part of the human, it's heart. It uses rash decision under emotional stress to carry out it's intent. It was probably designed by that particular yozi (or "Big Boss" if you prefer) for that purpose.

There are alot of subtle plot queues I absolutely adore about this series, if there is a S3 it'll be interesting to see how they continue the plot.
Old 2008-05-28, 19:33   Link #226
hirahira
a duck is fine too

I just finished the last episode. It made me cry ;_; but at the same time, I thought it was a really good ending
Old 2010-02-26, 13:26   Link #227
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

FYI:

Sentai Filmworks (formerly ADV Films) has announced they've licensed Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori (second season), which they are releasing as Hell Girl: Two Mirrors.

The first half of the series is available as a DVD set in on May 25, 2010 for $49.95 MSRP (usually available online for less). The second half will presumably follow in July or August.

I see this as good news for those who wanted to collect all of Hell Girl on DVD, as Funimation (which licensed the first season) didn't seem interested in getting the second (and third) season. Given Sentai's track record with You're Under Arrest there is even a good chance they have the license to Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae (third season) as well - we'll have to see whether this is true this autumn.

Source: http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=98723
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 21:49   Link #228
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

And it took almost, almost three years for the second Hell Girl series to see a licensing in North America.

Better to start saving soon to buy DVD box sets.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 15:10   Link #229
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Just finished watching Season 1 of Hell Girl and out of everything I have watched so far, it's one of the best, not as good as Clannad, but in the top 5 for sure.

As proven by an almighty 3 seasons of it, this is an Anime that has no end, you could watch them forever and never become bored.

But I do have a question, Hell Girl the first season has a full English dub, but does season 2 or season 3 have English dubs?

I'll got used to the voices so it be nice to keep with them, but if's only subs, then so be it.
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror