AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-07-23, 10:15   Link #121
LastDuaL
Drunken Samurai

Whether or not the censoring in GB is warranted, I think it a bit immature to say that "all censoring is wrong."

Censoring merely reflects the fact that society has standards, and I for one am glad that some standards still exist.

Without a doubt, censoring can be abused and become oppresive (take any communist nation with state-controlled media, for example), but censoring can also be used to safeguard a people's general moral standards from what is considered gratuitous content. Complete and unhindered freedom of speech does not exist, nor should it (would you be in favor of a pedophile TV station?).
LastDuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 11:56   Link #122
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro

whether or not censoring is wrong, is not the question here. i know it's wrong. it is important here what got censored and what did get lost in the process. and what was censored? some sexual content in a mediocre ecchi series. the fact that "just boob" got censored does not make the censoring of it any less wrong but it makes me care less about it, because it's really just that: boobs.
Read my P.M. Point 01.

Quote:
@onizuka:
oh, sorry that i argued with you. we shouldn't argue on a message board but just hug each other all day long with silly smileys. welcome to reality?
ah, that's so cheap. if you don't want to argue anymore then why do you continue arguing after these lines?

Read my P.M. Point 02

Quote:
i don't really understand what you're so upset about. do you watch girls bravo? (i really don't know) yes or no? if not, then .... well ... you restricted yourself by not watching it because it is censored, which would mean that my statement is true. if you DO still watch it, then you're a strange person because you said (more or less), girls bravo is, as it is broadcasted right now, not enjoyable to watch for you. (it's "unpure* - sorry, now i had to laugh ) but even if you still watch it, because everytime you see that mist (i'm relativley sure with this) you'll be pissed a little. because you let it bother you that there is mist covering boobs, you're decreasing your ability to enjoy this series. in other words: you're restricting yourself.
Read my P.M. Point 03

Quote:
you could have said it shorter: "i want to see boobs!" >_< no really, now you're really taking it a bit too serious, throwing around words like "pure otakus", "untained", "true anime", allthough we're just talking about boobs.

Read my P.M. Point 04

My short answer to this.

Don't continue this off-topic discussion here any more, i don't want the Mods. taking away my replies.

Please keep it on Topic, Kiro.
Old 2004-07-23, 13:33   Link #123
Kiro
chocolate overdose

ah, that pm was refreshing and i thank you for your insight an dlook forward to pm taht you promised to follow up with and i'll patiently wait and not respond until then. but i still have some beef with "Anime-FAN".

Quote:
Did I point out who? or say who was it?
NO

Now to my conclusion, u r really stupid for saying me that I should be ban. Cause all I just said was "IF U DONT LIKE, DONT FUCKING WATCH IT".
what's that for a lame excuse? "Did I point out who? or say who was it?"
oh, so you just shouted "don't fucking watch it if you don't like ecchi" to some imganinary person on this board while agreeing in the very same post to what onizukas just wrote, who just happenes to argue with me. i guess, you need professional help then since you're making up people in your mind. that's called multiple persona disorder. man, i feel sorry for you.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 17:41   Link #124
Kindras
Anime/Game Fiend

I Really liked this one. I thought it had enough ecchi that it was actually humorous. I can imagine being that guy tho.

I really want a teacher like that. I mean she touches herself so much i think i'd get good rewards for doing homework

This is a little bit too much like chobits, however, the slave -master relationship is really interesting..
I cant wait for the rest to come out.
Kindras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 18:45   Link #125
Anime-FAN

"imaginary person?"

It's more like referring to those that didn't like the show, NOT JUST YOU.

Man you seriously r lame. (Laughing that I wouldn't expect you would get piss off by just that) I'm thinking in real life that you would try and win over anything even arguement between ur parents.

Anime-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 19:54   Link #126
Kiro
chocolate overdose

Quote:
It's more like referring to those that didn't like the show, NOT JUST YOU.
yeah, how insightfull. so that means, that you throw around phrases like "don't fucking watch it" to the general audience of people who happen to not like this series. so now you're saying that you're being offensive to everyone who doesn't like dearS? well done. also why do you AGAIN asume, that i am one of those who don't like dearS (or other echis series)? i never said that.

also, i hate this sort of comment the most. -> "don't watch it if you don't like it." that is one retarded comment that i read way to often on these boards. to not like something you have to have watched it first. then, if it sucks in your opinion, you go on a board and say that you don't like it for this and that reason so people are warned and don't bother downloading it. of course, only if you're not the only one who thinks that way. dearS is certainly not that bad. but in many cases, where someone just honestly sais, that he doesn't like a show for this or that reason, fanatics like you come out of their holes and start yelling at people, to not watch the show, if they don't like it. if noone would ever give negative feedback, then noone would be able to recognize, which show is good and which should be just ignored. (ragnarok for example >_<)

why do people like you allways seem to forget that criticism (positive or negative) is a fundamental part of healthy discussions. why do they allways have to scream "don't watch it, if you don't like it" if someone says, that a show sucks for a ceratin reason. that doesn't even make any sense, if you think about it.

critic: "i don't like the show, because *insert reasoning*."
fanatic: "then don't watch it!"
critic: "that was my intention. but the show still sucks."

and so on....

meh, whatever. sorry, for hijacking this thread for so long.
PS: is it just me or is this line sig-worthy?

Quote:
u r really stupid for saying me that I should be ban.
Kiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 20:59   Link #127
Anime-FAN

and again I said it "DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT, IF U DON'T LIKE IT".
You know I am also sick of reading this kind of comment everytime a new series start

Quote:
I'll give it a 2nd chance, see what will happens on the upcoming episodes.

That just makes u so retarded, and I'll said it again ( I'm not saying this too u )
Quote:
DON'T FUCKING WATCH IT, IF U DON'T LIKE IT
Ya you can make that as siggy

and also

fanatic: "That new show is pretty good, try watching it."
critic: "I DONT LIKE THE SHOW!."
fanatic: "You should give it a chance"
critic: "I DONT FUCKING LIKE THE STUPID SHOW."
fanatic: "At least try watching 1st episode and see if its good enough for you."

MAH

Last edited by Anime-FAN; 2004-07-23 at 21:39.
Anime-FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 21:05   Link #128
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
(Yuri = Lesbian)
Hoh! I didn't know that!

--------------------------------------------------

No matter how many smilies you use, your unrestrained 15 year old brain is beginning to be annoying [yes, I see how old you are].

While I don't believe in censoring, self-censoring is a good thing to learn [see my earlier post].

Also, Robotech is Robotech, Macross is Macross. Many of us 40 year olds grew up on Robotech. All the old man did was take 3 shows and make a new one out of them. It was never presented as Macross, and still isn't.

Give it a rest.

Last edited by Lazarus; 2004-07-23 at 21:30.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-23, 21:19   Link #129
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Type 01
Quote:
critic: "i don't like the show, because *insert reasoning*."
This is a true critic arbeit a bias one, since he only list the bad things about the series. Therefore the retort by the Fanatic is unwarranted.

type 02
Quote:
critic: "that was my intention. but the show still sucks."
This is not a true critic because it is just negative and insulting to the anime and attempting to change peoples opinions without justification showing an evident of only watched one episode without proper reviewing of the said anime. Therefore the Fanatic has the right to use that phrase.

unfortunately, we seem to get alot of the second type, and thats why "If you don't like it, then don't watch it!" phrase is a very useful tool.

Old 2004-07-24, 01:56   Link #130
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Okay folks, it's time to cool down this thread.

Things are edging towards flames and I honestly have trouble figuring what you are so angry about. Everyone dislikes censoring so people are arguing about exactly how bad it is? Never mind. Let's just agree that censoring is bad. Some people think it ruins the entire show while other's dont. Some people dislike it while still thinking that there is still some merit to the show. It is possible to dislike something about a show without wanting to stop watching it altogether.

Let's just try to keep it cool here.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 11:01   Link #131
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

I can't wait for the next episode!!

Why is that DearS dreassed like a Cat?!!!!

Is it a ninja-neko DearS?!!!!!

And we get to see the pin khair one!!! weeeeeeee!

I wonder what other special abilities they have?

Heheheh, also you noticed in episode 2 (after countless rewatches) that Ren's does seem to "notice" Takeya when he becomes..er..."arouse"...
(When they are shopping and Takeya realsie he seen all her naked bits..wohoo! )
Old 2004-07-24, 13:05   Link #132
Imazul

Someone might already have said this (didnt read the whole thread because my eyes hurt like crazy) but I saw the first episode and wont be continuing this serie.

It just looked like a Chobits clone to me, the hiding scene, clothes scene, name scene were all the same has chobits first(and maybe second) episode.
Clone serie seems to be becomming a standard nowadays, another serie that start exactly like the other one.

(at least I hope she dont point everything tellign the guys name in the second episode)
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 14:49   Link #133
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imazul
Someone might already have said this (didnt read the whole thread because my eyes hurt like crazy) but I saw the first episode and wont be continuing this serie.

It just looked like a Chobits clone to me, the hiding scene, clothes scene, name scene were all the same has chobits first(and maybe second) episode.
Clone serie seems to be becomming a standard nowadays, another serie that start exactly like the other one.

(at least I hope she dont point everything tellign the guys name in the second episode)
Chobits was a 'clone' as well.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 19:07   Link #134
Imazul

yeah but chobits is the most well known reference, it was just to demonstrate that the serie is stereotyped and probably wont bring anything to the genre
Old 2004-07-24, 20:40   Link #135
Eru

Send a message via AIM to Eru Send a message via MSN to Eru
A show does not have to be original to be good.
Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 21:34   Link #136
sozuken

EXACTLY. In anycase, I don't think this show that much of a Chobits clone at all. DearS aren't computers and Ren has a completely different personality from Chii. Episodes 2 and 3 develop completely differently, and the new characters will start proving that. I don't see how you can disregard an anime just because it is a "clone". So many animes would fall into this "clone" category if they were so easily judged upon first impression. But I don't know. Maybe some people are easily "bored", but as for me, I really enjoy this show. It has more than enough originality to keep my wondering what is going to happen next and give me a great time and a great laugh.

Go DearS !!
sozuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:04   Link #137
LinChoiSin

i thought i wouldn't watch ecchi shows again but i still watched the first 2 episodes of Dears and i found it quite good ,of course it's unoriginal but i like it ,i really like the fact that the main character isn't a desperate looser ,he's not a great guy but he's not pathetic either.I'll continue to watch this show and i hope it won't end like chobits.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 22:33   Link #138
Melty Snow
<3 WoW undead girls

Hehe its hard to expect originality from first 2 episodes of a "boy meets mysterious girl" anime. Ep 1 is usually *gasp* about the main guy meeting the girl. 2 is usually some get to know your character thing of some sort.

DearS actually moves along pretty quickly. Ren learned a language and starts to speak a lot in less than half an episode, and we're already given clues on the story.
Melty Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 23:18   Link #139
Imazul

Ok ok, god, dont skin me

Ill give the show a chance, I watched 2nd episode and it was ok,. I guess it gets kinda entertaining because the main female character has that charisma thing that makes me wanna watch it

Thats the problem I have with downloading about every anime from animesuki, I usually misjudge the fun factor when something is not totally original
Old 2004-07-24, 23:19   Link #140
Kindras
Anime/Game Fiend

SOmone please Clarify

This is a Korean Manga, Translated into a Japanese ANime and then subbed right?
Kindras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, peach-pit, shounen