AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-12-23, 17:07   Link #21
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

If you want to be able to say you watched a lot just watch those 1-2 episode OVAs, or watch one of those 12 episode series that changes name every season. Something like Detective Conan has what 600 episodes now? That's around 50 x 12 episode shows. But it only counts as 1 series (as far as ANN and the rest are concerned).

Technically you can watch 60% of anime with out watching 60% of series, and vice versa.
Old 2010-12-23, 17:19   Link #22
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinemarie View Post
I tried watching two Anime series at a time a few hours ago after watching The World god Only Knows episode 12, one on my laptop and the other one on my I-pAD and it gave me some headache after that.
Ah, but the question is: Were you able to follow what was going on in both series?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 17:20   Link #23
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I would say that less then 10% of all anime goes more then 13 or 26 episodes. Only watching OVA's wouldn't get you to 60%. Say, that you watch every OVA that is listed on ANN (probably not all of them. They have, also over 1000 OVA, and a rough estitmate of 2 eps per ova series, that's still like 70 days non stop 24/7 watching anime. Using my stats from myanimelist
TV: 225, OVA: 101, Movies: 84, Spcl.: 30, Eps: 4,946, DL Eps: 59, Days: 84.34 and I have been watching anime for about 10 years or so. I know there are probably people out there who have watched more then me, but I doubt anyone has even seen a 1000 series/ova/movies.
Old 2010-12-23, 18:30   Link #24
InitialGT

i got a plan..since most anime is slow, you can watch multiple dubs and skip intro/endings
and watch on 180% of regular speed. You could watch a 25minute in 10minutes by removing 7minute intro/ending and then at 180% regular speed, you can get it down to 10minutes.
InitialGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 23:57   Link #25
stefan231

Ill hit 1k watched in about a week. Alot though are not in animeplanet Database though so total watched is over 1k atm

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/stefan231
stefan231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 01:20   Link #26
crall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I know there are probably people out there who have watched more then me, but I doubt anyone has even seen a 1000 series/ova/movies.
Believe it or not, but there are a fair number of people out there that have seen 1000 series/ova/movies.
I started downloading anime in the spring of 2006 and had only seen about 50 anime before that. Now my MAL stats tell me I've completed 1136 anime, granted there are some specials included in those numbers. My AniDB stats say I've completed 998 anime and that's without any specials, just series/ova/movies oh, and a handful of music videos of course.
With this in mind and the fact that there are people out there with even less of a life than I and have done this for a lot longer. It isn't far fetched to think (and I know there are) people out there that have seen 2000, or more, different anime.
crall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 04:37   Link #27
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well some people like Shiroth do seem to watch every single show there is. I wonder if there is a show he doesn't like...
Old 2010-12-24, 08:29   Link #28
christinemarie
Crazy One

Recent statistic (All of the animes I watched over the past 18 years, at age 8 I remember every popular anime I watched since then.)
Number of completed anime series registered in my anime list is 154
Number of animes watched but didn't completed/finished/checked only a particular episode in my anime list is 319 (This include old and long run animes like Ranma 1/2, Urusei Yatsura, Prince of Tennis, Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon, and other more)

Number of ongoing animes 12 (This includes OVA even unaired ones and the big five, Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Detective Conan, Keroro Gunsou, Fairy Tail, Dragon Ball Kai, Star Driver, To Aru Majutsu no Index, Gundam Unicorn, Black Lagoon, Amagami SS, Ore no Imouto)

Number of forgotten animes probably watched my estimate is around 20+ probably most of them are Sanrio or Classic anime.
christinemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 19:20   Link #29
Le Communard

This database covers everything up to 2002, and finding anything after that should be easy enough. So, yes, it should be theoretically possible, but why anyone would want to is beyond me.
Le Communard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-27, 20:46   Link #30
Greenish Growth

Yeah, 1000 anime really isn't that many if a lot of them weren't TV series.

Now having seen 1000 TV series is a feat. I just wonder how many people who claim to have watched a lot really have done it because a number of them haven't.

I'm more impressed with how much someone might have been able to watch given the amount of free time they had and the number of years they had to do it in.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 14:58   Link #31
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Maybe if your immortal and spend all your days in one room watching anime back to back without sleep then maybe just maybe that will do it.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 15:09   Link #32
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Yeah, 1000 anime really isn't that many if a lot of them weren't TV series.

Now having seen 1000 TV series is a feat. I just wonder how many people who claim to have watched a lot really have done it because a number of them haven't.

I'm more impressed with how much someone might have been able to watch given the amount of free time they had and the number of years they had to do it in.
I'm not impressed with anyone watching any amount of anime, or any other entertainment for that matter. That person might be fun to talk to (or not, depending on how much sanity he/she has left), but I don't see what's so impressive about having your eyes glued to a screen for weeks or months at a time.
Old 2010-12-28, 15:47   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its also possible to lick every page in the dictionary.... I don't plan to do that either. I see no purpose in watching a dumptruck of anime that makes my scalp crawl when I can be more selective.
Old 2010-12-28, 23:06   Link #34
gsilver

When I was younger, I watched literally anything I could get my hands on (though I still gave up on the really bad series)...

The problem with even attempting something like this is that the fire burns out over time. Sure, I still watch anime and really love some shows (Shiki and Heartcatch are totally badass), but I'm really picky with what I watch now... I have to be, because I can only bring myself to watch so many episodes, before needing to stop (both time constraints and wavering interest).

...and this is without any real responsibilities, outside of a full-time job.
gsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 04:03   Link #35
Yukimi

It's most likely possible, I just don't think many people would be up to the challenge.
Yukimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 04:11   Link #36
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Admittedly, I'm unsure why anyone would want to see every anime...
For sure; Trying to watch all anime out there basically means watchin a ton of shows one doesn't like.

As it is, this could easily kill your interest in anime long before you watch all shows out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Its also possible to lick every page in the dictionary.... I don't plan to do that either. I see no purpose in watching a dumptruck of anime that makes my scalp crawl when I can be more selective.
QFT!