Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-05, 07:20   Link #61
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Zone View Post
yeah iam sad about satoko she still a child after all
Even if she was a teenager or an adult, she would be hardly at fault, considering the very peculiar circumstances.
Quote:
still no good i cant understand a thing but all i get that takano killed rika chan parents but why ?
Since they are no longer supporting the research on Rika, Takano would hardly be able to go on with her research, and so her personal agenda to prove her grandfather thesis. Therefore, she obliterate them, as it would obviously "help" the research. (as they can provide money for her living, in exchange for the experimental tests)

Quote:
i wonder what happen to the AVI subbed

iam looking foward the next episode i hope keiichi back soon
Subs were released yesterday, as usual like a "pre release", the ass file
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
just follow this link, and put it in the same folder where you have the raw. be sure to name it exactly how you raw is, with of course the .ass extension.

Then, just open the raw with Media Player Classic, and you should have the subs.

otherwise, wait for some time, hauu should probably be done with the Avi/MKV soon (generally 1-2 days after the release of the ass file)
Old 2007-11-05, 07:25   Link #62
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There's one thing in the last part of the episode that they didn't show, it was the fact that Takano was drunk and that before the meetings her thought's were very distorted

Oh and Klashikari I like the 'Scientist Side' thing
Old 2007-11-05, 08:41   Link #63
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Wow. What a surprise. Facts coming one after the other. And the episode made so much emphasis on Miyo's evilness.

Of course, much is to be said about that mysterious woman at the end. Curious on who she is and what her objective is...
Old 2007-11-05, 08:47   Link #64
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

wow. the scene where dr.irie was drawing blood from rika was cool. she just suddenly got up and turned dark. Man if i were the doctor i would think twice before testing her again :/
Old 2007-11-05, 10:01   Link #65
Khaos

Arrow

Somehow, Takano's laugh annoys me...

Nice episode anyway, more pieces of the story.
Old 2007-11-05, 11:53   Link #66
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Cant wait to find out who that woman is!!!

Old 2007-11-05, 15:43   Link #67
Marbles
I've lost them all ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
Cant wait to find out who that woman is!!!
The mystery woman is Suigintou from Rozen Maiden who's here to wreak terrible vengeance upon the winners of SaiMoe.
Old 2007-11-05, 19:11   Link #68
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspr8_rugged View Post
Of course, much is to be said about that mysterious woman at the end. Curious on who she is and what her objective is...
She's probably a representative of the group that Takano mentioned to Tomitake back in episode 12, that wishes to trigger the Hinamizawa syndrome. Presumably they plan to do this as part of a power struggle against the group that decided to terminate Takano's project. Forcing that group to kill 2000 civilians would provide the former group with something that can be used to blackmail them quite effectively.
Old 2007-11-05, 21:44   Link #69
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I have a question. So Rika is the queen and the trigger to the outbreak of the symptoms but then she died in Meakashi arc, the villagers didn't go berserk. Why was that?
Old 2007-11-05, 21:51   Link #70
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Because Takano's theory is bullshit
Old 2007-11-05, 21:51   Link #71
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Takano probably made up the Queen-Bee theory for the lulz. Which makes me wonder: is the Great H Disaster really "Just as planned" for Takano? I mean, the whole thing gets covered up as a natural disaster (which was the original plan), which seems counterproductive at getting her grandfather's research really recognized. Unless, of course, it's the lulz again.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2007-11-05 at 22:29.
Old 2007-11-05, 22:04   Link #72
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

You have to understand everything Takano does is for the lulz... shes like an anon that browses 4chan
Old 2007-11-05, 22:09   Link #73
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

A noble endeavor, indeed.
Old 2007-11-06, 01:24   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not sure if she completely buys the theory the whole way. Maybe at the start since it was part of her grandfather's theory but eventually she probably knew it was crap. But since she wanted it to be accepted she kept up that end to keep it as intact as she could. Maybe it was part of the syndrom at some point. But as it's been said the syndrome has deluded over time so it's not nearly so bad as it used to be.

Takano and lulz really go together quite nicely.
Old 2007-11-06, 02:09   Link #75
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure if she completely buys the theory the whole way. Maybe at the start since it was part of her grandfather's theory but eventually she probably knew it was crap.
The proposed mechanism was crap, but it was true that proximity to Rika would help keep the syndrome under control. But of course for most people they were never in any danger of the syndrome manifesting. They lived in a quiet small town without much in the way of stressors, except for Takano. With Rika's horrible death for a while they might be at increased risk, but as long as they knew who did it and accepted that answer, there would be no reason to start a paranoia spiral. But if Rika's death was unexplained, then very possibly you'd get a few more people destabilising. But they still wouldn't have more stress than the town experienced when they were waiting for an American invasion.
Old 2007-11-06, 02:53   Link #76
Mizuno
Undefined

Which brings me to another question? Why does Takano have to cut open Rika to kill her? Is it her paranoid nature that thinks Rika's the 'queen' and that something might reside within her?
Old 2007-11-06, 03:02   Link #77
Rayneing
Trombe!

She is just killing her in a similar manner to the Watanagashi ritual, thats all.
Old 2007-11-06, 05:03   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Which brings me to another question? Why does Takano have to cut open Rika to kill her? Is it her paranoid nature that thinks Rika's the 'queen' and that something might reside within her?
Takano is a complete onigafuchi tale sucker, to the point her obsession creeps everyone, Tomitake included.
It is not exactly explained if it is "natural" or rather for her own means, but this "research" permits her to have actually a look at the dark past of Hinamizawa, and therefore, she can obviously manipulate the belief, with the curse and all.

Killing Rika with the "ritual of watanagashi" is "sacred" (well somehow...). If you do a combo with the fact Rika is the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama, fitting the festival, without any culprit found => you got a magnificient result, where most villagers would go stressed and panicked, as their "wrathful god" would inflict misery and devastation against the betrayers etc. (as they dared to let her avatar die)

This is even more stressed after the "disaster", as show in the end of Tatarigoroshi and Himatsubushi, where some previous inhabitants begun to be insane etc, due the fear of the curse. (this is much better explained in the manga, especially Yoigoshi-hen)

Simply put, Takano is killing (no pun intended) several birds with one stone. (as this method is also a nice attempt to give more suspicions to a random fanatic, instead of military plotters and the like)

self advertisement! read the analyses
Old 2007-11-06, 05:17   Link #79
Mizuno
Undefined

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up. It makes sense since the whole village places heavy beliefs in their "god" and if the so-called reincarnation is killed, they would start to panic and push themselves towards level 5. Very plausible theory given the anime is leaving that part opened.
Old 2007-11-06, 13:19   Link #80
ThinkTank

Is it just me, or do episodes 14-17 (18 is hopefully the end of the "excuse" arc) seem unnecsssary? Does anyone even really care about her past? I never found my self asking the question why she would do what she is doing. I thought there was more than enough explanation with a radical group that wants to use a biological attack.

It just seems to me that her backstory was not properly introduced and just abruptly stopped the show. It has really ruined a really good flow that season 1 and season 2 had going.
Closed Thread