AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-18, 08:57   Link #721
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Ok dokie, for those who wants to know a bit about what is going to happen before the subs come, here is a detailed summary of Episode 17. Do correct me if there are any entries in the summary for those raw viewers.

Cheers and hope you like the summary ^+^
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 12:28   Link #722
skaarji

Still no new episodes from Triad....
aaaargh.... 19 days from ep 13...
I need some more bokurano!!! XD
skaarji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 04:27   Link #723
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

There has just been way too many random plot twists for me...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 10:35   Link #724
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Agreed, stupid ones too!
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 13:37   Link #725
Iriliane

Are those incredibly stupid plot twists/changes perhaps saping the resolve of a certain translator to continue with the series?
Iriliane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 15:02   Link #726
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
Are those incredibly stupid plot twists/changes perhaps saping the resolve of a certain translator to continue with the series?
How'd you guess? ?

Triad will still be completing it though, so don't worry about that.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 22:13   Link #727
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
Well that sucks... but hopefully they'll spend some of the money they'll have saved this week on actually half-decent animation for next week's episode.

It's kind of interesting though how the industry seems to have taken to giving the recap episodes 0.5 numbers. It's as though they've finally stopped trying to convince themselves that recaps are real content.
I was not so lucky. My "source" for episodes listed the re-cap episode as 16, not 15.5, and then the next episodes I recieved were 17...18...19...I never saw the second half of Kirie's arc! I knew kirie had to have another episode, so when it didn't occur in the episode sequencing I recieved, I knew something was amiss, but it wasn't until now that I found out about my source's mislabeling of the episodes.

Not only did I miss Kirie's
Spoiler for episode 16 moderate spoiler:
, but it turns out that this was a spectacularly bad episode to miss since
Spoiler for big spoiler...sub-only watchers [B]do not read[/B]:
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 13:31   Link #728
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Episode 21 of Bokurano has come out right now. I'm currently downloading it, can't wait to see what happens ^^
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 12:24   Link #729
Onniguru

More surprises it seems.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 13:32   Link #730
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. Hesitation

Looks like the adults finally got active.

I feel sympathetic towards the remaining children because they are getting dragged into a bureaucratic web of lies, politics, and financial interests.

The adults just care for the wide variety of possibilities that Zearth's technology would bring to them once learning how to reverse engineering it.

And there's still the mystery about the one that did not sign the contract. It threatened to cause distrust among the children, as if they already haven't gotten yet more troubles of their own.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 16:01   Link #731
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well I decided to give the Manga a shot when the subs disappeared which clearly was a mistake since now I'm finding it hard to get any enjoyment out of the anime. It feels like a good old fashion butcher job of a source material to put it mildly.

Kind of hard to air my grievances about whats been done since it'd be all spoilers which isn't right...But to put it in a general non-specific way it feels like there relying on mostly typical shock factor twists in the anime that all feel forced where-as the manga feels more thought provoking on a larger scale.

Hope that isnt too spoilerish...Anyway starting to feel really disappointed now in the anime. Don't think ill drop it but any new episodes i'll probably sit for awhile until I get to other things.

One last thing I have to agree with what Impz said in his review about the parents being worried about thier daughters being scarred...yes where erasing entire parts of the multiverse here and risking thier very lives in these battles but god forbid they get a scar inserting something that could maybe help save them...

Talk about lack of perspective...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 16:32   Link #732
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Just watched episoed 17. I AM SO PISSED. This new director is the biggest idiot. I was really looking forward to this specific arc, because it had me IN TEARS in the manga. But they skiped EVERYTHING important. The battle lasted 1 minute, and they didn't even have any trouble winning. For those who read the manga, you KNOW how that battle was for them. They BEARLY won. God what is this mother-fu%$er thinking? If he didn't like the manga he should have stayed the hell away. And GONZO? WTF? Why are you letting that MORON ruin this?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 20:29   Link #733
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, I expected a lot after the chilling episode 13 and four episodes later I am a bit disappointed but I don't think the anime has jumped the shark (yet). My biggest complaint would be that there is almost no change in the behaviour of the characters after they learned that by winninng they were erasing other Earths. And this new guardian the kids got is kind of annoying, if funny at times.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 15:57   Link #734
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist

Spoiler for For Bokurano ep 22:
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 07:57   Link #735
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just did a marathon for episode 14-17 and im just even more depressed now. Even though 18 will be the real shit storm. The events in episode 17 were just laughable i really dont know what to think anymore. To me the series just shows the sacrifices of the kids but not much more. The whole Machi thing was so funny it just made me laugh I find it silly and stupid. The only real thing i enjoyed was Kanji and Aiko finally getting together at the end only for it to be her turn and for her to die. I dont know what vision Kanji had but he thinks their are masterminds behind all of this. I know a lot of people are expecting the kids to come back at the end. At this point im still not sure i think its a waste of life but theme of the show is sacrifice. I just know how we are going to get a happy ending i could be wrong but im not going to hold my breath. Maybe the reward for winning the game is for the players to come back.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-09-13 at 08:09.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 15:16   Link #736
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Just did a marathon for episode 14-17 and im just even more depressed now. Even though 18 will be the real shit storm. The events in episode 17 were just laughable i really dont know what to think anymore. To me the series just shows the sacrifices of the kids but not much more. The whole Machi thing was so funny it just made me laugh I find it silly and stupid. The only real thing i enjoyed was Kanji and Aiko finally getting together at the end only for it to be her turn and for her to die. I dont know what vision Kanji had but he thinks their are masterminds behind all of this. I know a lot of people are expecting the kids to come back at the end. At this point im still not sure i think its a waste of life but theme of the show is sacrifice. I just know how we are going to get a happy ending i could be wrong but im not going to hold my breath. Maybe the reward for winning the game is for the players to come back.
Isnt the sole winning person responsible for recruiting the next crew, ala Kokopelli? Forgive me if I wrong I dont read the Manga, I just watch the subs.
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-14, 22:14   Link #737
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
Isnt the sole winning person responsible for recruiting the next crew, ala Kokopelli? Forgive me if I wrong I dont read the Manga, I just watch the subs.
Im not really sure of that my self if that is correct this would have been one of the most pointless series i have ever watched. Shock factor only works for so long and to depend on it in a series of 20 or more episodes is not wise.

Episode 18 went off just as predicted. I love how the characters must do the things the hard way Sigh i wonder if anyone actually thinks in this series the old guy at the end of episode 18 basically admitted to using illegal means to get things and done and hinted that yes he and government were behind the string of deaths but no one seems to notice. I think im only motivated to finish the series just because i want to see how it ends. I guess we have about 6 episodes left and im still not getting the feeling of a happy ending at all.

one note i love how everyone wants this technology of Zearth but hey forget the fact that if you lose your universe goes poof. Whats the point of new technology if NO ONE IS FUCKING AROUND TO USE IT. I feel the children might end up having given their lives in vain.
Old 2007-09-15, 15:45   Link #738
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. Self-Destruct

From the title to episode 15 I thought something very worse would have happened, maybe Kirie snapping violently but nothing tragic occured yet.

Spoiler:

And lastly, Ushiro wasn't annoying in this episode. More like he felt sympathetic and troubled (I daresay even that he cared for an instant) to witness the condition of Kirie and his mother.
Old 2007-09-17, 16:40   Link #739
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. True Identity

Tamotsu has elevated his person to a friendly role and parental figure for the children to look up and seek comfort. I think he's one of the very few, if not the only adult, who at least shows some geniune concern for the kids and only likes to wallow in simple pleasures.

But, I do get a bad feeling that likeable adult characters in this type of serious stories will eventually get killed sooner. I hope I may be wrong, and please not spoiling since I want to follow the rhythm of the sub releases.

Spoiler:

I have never ever read the manga, but I was too taken aback once Kirie revealed the identity of the uncontracted child.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-19, 18:15   Link #740
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Bokurano. Affection

Basically, things are starting to go downhill since Koemushii announced the beginning of the end to the battles. As the great end approaches the children are getting sunk deeper into sadness and confusion.

The remaining ones now not only have to worry about discovering or overlooking a resolve to their next fight, but they are also have been marked by the prying eyes of the society that as the story comes closer and closer to the end it turns more disgusting and greedy.

I haven't read the manga, but the anime I believe is toning down several pieces of the mood and atmosphere and portraying some faint light of hope for the children.

To be sincere Tamotsu is providing a key function to keep the children from losing their sanity and their good will.

I hate to admit it, but Koemushii nailed it right that Anko would have caved in crying and trembling due to fearing at losing her life, because the blow came more severe once learning about her father's infidelity.
Spoiler:

Secondly, as I say the adults are becoming more disgusting. The bitch government doesn't want the info about Zearth leaked into the public, because it could cause uproar that would disrupt harmony in the society.
Crap, I say! They don't want their bureaucratic and imperialistic venues being exposed and seen as the greedy-maniac that they are upon the eyes of the people.
Spoiler:

Thirdly, since the incident with Kirie's mother Ushiro is slowly but steadily opening up even for a little bit. I can starting seeing on a different aura, than he's usual grouchy and belligerent self.

Tags
drama, mecha