AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 9 8.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 31.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 22.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 8.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 7.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.87%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-01, 00:51   Link #181
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
You telling me you actually believe another Flame Haze is going to step into the territory of 3 Flame Hazes never mind challenge at least 2 of them to kill Yuji?

Shana might have lucked out, but another Flame Haze coming to top Yuji off I think has been covered by various aspects of the story.
Don't question the thought processes of mindsets you've never met before. (not referring to me)
Old 2007-11-01, 01:09   Link #182
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Don't question the thought processes of mindsets you've never met before. (not referring to me)
That wasn't a question. It has already been stated quite clearly in S1 how if a Flame Haze steps into another's territory they normally slug it out.
Old 2007-11-01, 01:47   Link #183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
but I don't think Hecate fits the bill, as she was part of the group that hounded him and that nearly wiped out the city. Actually how much of her going bat sh*t can be attributed to his parting shot?
All she does is pray. In a way, maybe the episode of Kaibutsu Oujo with the "That" spider monster is a good example. To us, it is evil, but it could be necessary for the other person. Hecate might not have had an evil intention, but she wanted to fill her "empty" existence. (Kind of like eating food and killing animals to get it).

Second sentence reply- Probably quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
That dude whose name I don't remember
Senben (Thousand Changes) Sydonay?

Quote:
Then why don't we wait for Episode 5 to air so that we can settle this discussion? I got a lab report to do anyway.
Less than a whole day left.

Good luck on the report.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-01, 01:52   Link #184
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

This episode was kind of disappointing...I now actually dislike Konoe more than Yoshida, which is rather significant. Seriously, how does this girl survive even a single day? It's almost cringe-worthy...

And while we're on the subject, Yuuji has got to be one of the densest male leads ever. I liked him in the first season, but so far this season he's just been spiraling downward. Having the capacity of a King of Guze apparently still doesn't mean he has a clue.

Also, I agree that Ike really needs a bigger role. He's already one of my favorite characters; why isn't he doing more? He only gets like one or two dialogues in an entire episode devoted to relationship drama! That's just not right.

I did sort of like the scene with Margery and Wilhelmina meeting up though. For some reason, their working together just really amuses me. We need an awesome tag-team match with the two of them against Bel Peol and Sydonai.
Old 2007-11-01, 02:19   Link #185
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Seriously, how does this girl survive even a single day? It's almost cringe-worthy...
She has a butler. I assume he does everything, from bringing her food to helping her undress.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-01, 02:20   Link #186
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
All she does is pray. In a way, maybe the episode of Kaibutsu Oujo with the "That" spider monster is a good example. To us, it is evil, but it could be necessary for the other person. Hecate might not have had an evil intention, but she wanted to fill her "empty" existence. (Kind of like eating food and killing animals to get it).
That is a good point, but I think the complications lie in when you have one sentient race feasting on another. Even if it is instinctive to consume another to survive, I believe as soon as a person that our society deems as normal (not psychopathic etc), has to take life of another to survive they cannot help, but put themselves into the shoes of the victim and emphasise with their situation. What I mean is the ability to emphasize with others is counted not just as a standard social skill, but as a requirement to interact normally with others. To take the life of another sentient being I believe that they have to consider the others as a form of lower life (which the Guze no Tomogara most probably do), or at least have some form of justification. I think a great example of this is how children in Japan were conditioned to believe that the rest of Asia were lower on the human food chain.

Yuji never saw that Hecate just prayed. He just knows she is one of the leaders of Balle Masque. Does anyone remember if her memories went into Yuji when they bonded?
Old 2007-11-01, 02:27   Link #187
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Yuji never saw that Hecate just prayed. He just knows she is one of the leaders of Balle Masque. Does anyone remember if her memories went into Yuji when they bonded?
I don't recall seeing that myself, but it's quite possible.
Old 2007-11-01, 18:31   Link #188
Davidj

Quote:
So if in Yuji's shoes and you thought gosh she looks just like Hecate would you be standing there gazing into her eyes? There must be a better reason for Yuji's behaviour it is irrational.

Of course there is. Yuji has a magical connection to Konoe.
Old 2007-11-01, 22:49   Link #189
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
Of course there is. Yuji has a magical connection to Konoe.
That currently is conjecture, just as we might believe Konoe is Hecate or not, I'll take a leaf out of minhtam2448's book and not carry on with this until later episodes.
Old 2007-11-01, 22:54   Link #190
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
That currently is conjecture, just as we might believe Konoe is Hecate or not, I'll take a leaf out of minhtam2448's book and not carry on with this until later episodes.
What's that supposed to mean?
Old 2007-11-01, 23:13   Link #191
grey_moon

Quote:
What's that supposed to mean?
Well earlier you said there is no point continuing a specific conversation until we saw a few more episodes (well that is how I read it), and in regards to Davidj's statement about there being a magical link between them, I don't think he can make that one without seeing some more episodes.
Old 2007-11-02, 01:12   Link #192
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

In other words grey moon will give shana a few more ep to see if they can justify Yuji's actions before condemning this ep for it's inconsistency in character. Perhaps there is a reason for Yuji's behaviour that will be revealed later on.
Old 2007-11-02, 03:16   Link #193
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
In other words grey moon will give shana a few more ep to see if they can justify Yuji's actions before condemning this ep for it's inconsistency in character. Perhaps there is a reason for Yuji's behaviour that will be revealed later on.
Hee hee thank you holyman282 that is exactly what I am going to do

I'm considering being less vocal with my condemnation of characters so early on in a series as it does get a little heated at times, but I have to say that I do find a lot of peoples comments to give me a much broader view on the situation.
Old 2007-11-03, 07:11   Link #194
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Didn't really like this episode... Too much emphasis on trivial things, making this episode feel quite filler-ish. The storylines not going anywhere much with this episode considering the relationship between Konoe and Yuji has been established last episode, this episode, from my point of view, tries to strengthen that to the viewers but it fails IMO.

And Shana needs more screen time <_<. MORE SHANA!

On a side note, Shana eating dessert = INSTANT LOVE <3
Old 2007-11-03, 10:54   Link #195
kauldron26
Med Student

so this new season has made me really really question what it was i liked about the original show...
Old 2007-11-03, 15:46   Link #196
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

I really liked this episode. It was nice seeing a jealous Shana and it was refreshing to see a jealous Yoshida.

I think that Konoe helps bring about a nice new twist in the relationships of all three girls with Yuji. Plus she's so cute.

Watching this episode made my entire day.
Old 2007-11-04, 01:31   Link #197
blewin

ep 4 introduces a rift between Yuji and Shana and Yoshida. I don't really much care for his relationship with Konoe, as we've already seen in ep 3 that he quite like her personality. But it's interesting to see how Shana and Yoshida got closer at the end. This new friendship between the two girls will probably become quite important later on, especially in unmasking Konoe (just my speculation, though Konoe's action looks genuine enough).
Closed Thread