Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-10-05, 16:07   Link #1
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Terminal is not Lacus...

I'm quite happy that this question came up on another forum because it will now squash the idiotic fan stupidity that Lacus is the leader of Terminal:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toysdream
Terminal
A non-governmental organization (NGO) that exchanges information with all parties, as well as performing some degree of intelligence evaluation. It could be thought of as a Mafia- or Yakuza-like organization, or as a benevolent underground organization, but it appears to be simply a guild of information dealers. Although it is not aligned with any side, at present it appears to favor Lacus and the Archangel. Terminal has agents stationed throughout the world, and it seems to have information capabilities rivaling those of a national intelligence agency.
Thank you, end of discussion.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2006-10-05 at 16:30.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:19   Link #2
monster

HAHAHA, nice indeed. Well, it doesn't really matter but this is just great news nonetheless.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:22   Link #3
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Well, it is to this forum it does since a majority of the morons are all like... "LACUS LEADS TERMINAL! HER TERMINAL CRONIES BLAH BLAH!"

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-10-05, 16:22   Link #4
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Finally! I'd been so confused as to the whole Terminal thing for the longest time, it finally makes sense. Plus, if they are information brokers, it really easily explains how DSSD, ZAFT and the TSA (even though they are down to 2 ships in Destiny) all have the Wings of Light technology. One of them devloped it and it got leaked to the other factions via Terminal.

At least, it makes sense to me. There could be a completely different and logical explanation that I don't even know about.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:23   Link #5
mikyu

hmm how about a third season with focus on terminal ... ... just kidding

or maybe sai is a member of terminal and we might see him in the movie!
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:36   Link #6
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Well, it is to this forum it does since a majority of the morons are all like... "LACUS LEADS TERMINAL! HER TERMINAL CRONIES BLAH BLAH!"
Well, yeah, that's what's so great about this news.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 16:50   Link #7
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
it will now squash the idiotic fan stupidity that Lacus is the leader of Terminal:
Oh glee. Finally, I don't have to discuss (argue) endlessly about how Lacus is not trying to 'DICTATE ANYTHING, TAKE OVER THE PLANET, FORCE PEOPLE ON A LACUS DUST DIET, CONTROL THE UNIVERSE'S MUSIC INDUSTRY, MONOPOLIZING POP IDOLS, AND BWUAHAHAHAHAAH, THIS IS FKING BRILLIANT! KEEPING KIRA ALL TO HERSELF WITHOUT SHARING HIM WITH CAG... (err, scratch the last part).'

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2006-10-05 at 18:37.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 17:14   Link #8
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Hey Tak, what does your sig say?

I thought she was the leader. I don't know who is gonna tell her no. She can do whatever she wants and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 17:23   Link #9
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Read what the organization is. It has nothing to do whatsoever with what Lacus does.

Old 2006-10-05, 18:22   Link #10
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I am just wondering where this information was brought up, official or otherwise. Unless this was also brought up in another Fukuda interview...as far as I am concerned it was brought up as hastily as Factory was brought up by the end of the series, that is why there are lots of people who do support Lacus and decide that what she is doing is clearly for the benefit of the whole wide universe. Then again this may be another way in order to make Lacus simply just good and so squash the notion that she, actually, has enough power to go head on against any "evil" madman and that her ways, although quite similar to what they are also doing, could always be seen in a positive light.

Going with this Terminal is not Lacus led deal...so basically if Terminal doesn't find Lacus Clyne working for the common good they could decide to swing favor to Dullindal instead? It is always that way with people who wish to gain more favor in the light of international crises or what have you; they could be part of the good guys first then suddenly decide to be a part of the bad guys if things are much to their favor if the bad guys are to rule or something...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 18:33   Link #11
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

The information comes from the Official Files that were put out a while ago.

Old 2006-10-05, 20:27   Link #12
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
This was great information. However, the thread could've been presented in a more respectful manner. But that's just IMO.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 20:28   Link #13
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

LoL, no it couldn't.

Old 2006-10-05, 20:38   Link #14
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
LoL, no it couldn't.
Actually, I just didnt have anything better to say
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 01:56   Link #15
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
The information comes from the Official Files that were put out a while ago.
Ah, sucks to the Lacus detractors. And I am one of them.

Anyway, going back on topic, it is quite odd that nobody really thought of putting this up before. Or it was, but I was just like 20 pages worth of threads too late to do see it.

But it is still a little too shady, Terminal is. Miriallia is a Terminal operative for one. People Terminal with lots of Lacus Clyne supporters Terminal may not be effectively neutral as it claims it is. The same thing would also happen if there are also more Dully supporters in the ring. They, of course, will favor either Lacus or Dully depending on the group of Terminal operatives which has more pull on the entire organization at hand. It is hard declaring itself neutral when it could be peopled with people supporting Lacus or Dully more than people who actually are neutral about the entire deal. So saying this also goes against my own what if about Terminal lending support to Dully when it in fact has more Lacus supporters than Dully ones, or neutral ones. Same goes for Lacus, if in fact there are more Dully supporters than her own home boys and neutral ones. Also, it goes against its neutrality to why Terminal has been acting very agreeable to all what Lacus wants. They could be pointed out as Clyne Faction supporters by other people who want Lacus taken down. Also, once they have lent their favor to Lacus, it would be really hard to get off that relationship if the information dealers would want to swing their power and favor to another group; we all saw what Lacus could do with a handful of supporters going against an enemy who by the start of Destiny had gained all upper hands possible that would make Lacus fail horribly into swinging public support to her side drastically at the last eps of the show. Maybe this was Terminal working already? That they have power comparable to Lacus Clyne in a pinch or what have you and that they lent it to Lacus and so she won the last war again? If it is, then Lacus is not very powerful as first thought she is, save maybe for her Meer impersonation. Since Terminal deals with intelligence it could also use what they know about the Clyne Faction and favor other groups with this power if they find that their political/economic powers as a group are endangered in a Lacus led regime; they just have to survive, is all.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 06:03   Link #16
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

so...lacus has connections with the Mafia? I KNOW IT!!
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 06:21   Link #17
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid
so...lacus has connections with the Mafia? I KNOW IT!!
Well, there was never anything legal about Terminal. You can't legalise what you deny to even exist. Calling it a Mafia is unnecessary, as it is simply not accurate. It is simply a shady organisation, and this information informs us that Lacus did not create Terminal as we had once believed.

But just because Lacus didn't create it, doesn't mean she can't have great influence over it. It would be difficult to make Lacus a pawn of anyone, nor could I imagine her losing in a political power struggle.
Old 2006-10-06, 06:56   Link #18
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
Ah, sucks to the Lacus detractors. And I am one of them.

Anyway, going back on topic, it is quite odd that nobody really thought of putting this up before. Or it was, but I was just like 20 pages worth of threads too late to do see it.

But it is still a little too shady, Terminal is. Miriallia is a Terminal operative for one.
Um... no. That's the same thing as saying Jess Rabble is a Terminal operative as well, and he's the same as she is: a photojournalist.

Old 2006-10-06, 07:19   Link #19
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

OK, good to know.

It means the organisation that secretly built SF, IJ, and the DOMs, stole Gaia, and probably has agents spread everywhere within ZAFT isn't actually named "Terminal". How important is that?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 07:36   Link #20
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
OK, good to know.

It means the organisation that secretly built SF, IJ, and the DOMs, stole Gaia, and probably has agents spread everywhere within ZAFT isn't actually named "Terminal". How important is that?
It just means Wikipedia needs to be edited.

Anyway, it makes no substancial difference. Any arguments concerning Lacus's organization power will just be renamed back to Clyne Faction. (( which we claimed was Terminal in the first place, so all it does was go back before the name Terminal popped up. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote