AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-16, 05:14   Link #1561
Kakkou
Tch.

In this particular episode's case, as far as I'm concerned anyway, the production issues are far too severe to let slide and has nothing to do with deviations from the source. They could have followed the manga to the dot and I'd still have shat on it if the production was on this level.

Which is a shame because from the way the characters moved in various scenes it looked like the staff were actually aiming to give the episode more detailed attention than normal but whatever scheduling problems they had resulted in incomplete cuts, recycled animation and jerky movements, whittling all their attempts at making well animated scenes down to just Morgiana vs Masrur.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 06:45   Link #1562
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but the amount of hate people are spouting here is really tiresome and make me not want to visit this topic anymore. Well, almost.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 07:54   Link #1563
EroKing

Old 2013-02-16, 14:50   Link #1564
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Haha, people dropping the anime all time, if it doesn't follow the manga 100%. Its normal these days, personally I don't follow the manga and still enjoy the anime. I don't mind the how they cut corners to save money.

and its to bad the manga reader are dropping because I like them posting manga panels of what the anime cut out.
Hold on, hold on, how does not liking one episode equate to dropping the anime?

Seriously, there's a lot of things about this episode that was below quality even without comparing it to the manga. Voice work, storyboarding, animation, these were just objectively bad. This was just an all around bellow average episode.

But how does that mean that people will drop the anime? It's just one bad episode. Doesn't mean the rest will be as bad. Heck, this is the first bad episode out of 18 episodes. With a track record like that, you can bet your ass that I'll just be writing this of as an exception, not the rule.

No, I'm still looking forward to the next Magi. I'm just disappointed at this episode.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 16:56   Link #1565
chaos_animagic

Just watched ep 18...
~spoilered for some ppls that doesn't want to see rants~
Spoiler for ME Rants:

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-02-16 at 17:11.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 17:06   Link #1566
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hold on, hold on, how does not liking one episode equate to dropping the anime?

Seriously, there's a lot of things about this episode that was below quality even without comparing it to the manga. Voice work, storyboarding, animation, these were just objectively bad. This was just an all around bellow average episode.

But how does that mean that people will drop the anime? It's just one bad episode. Doesn't mean the rest will be as bad. Heck, this is the first bad episode out of 18 episodes. With a track record like that, you can bet your ass that I'll just be writing this of as an exception, not the rule.

No, I'm still looking forward to the next Magi. I'm just disappointed at this episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Spoiler for save space:

Hell, I'm mad. Had such high expectations for this adaptation. Before I was just like "whatever, as long as it's fun, I can keep up with this" But now I'm dropping it.
Here an example of why.
Old 2013-02-16, 19:35   Link #1567
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

one manga reader dropping the anime does not equal to every manga reader out there dropping it

and yes, we were frustrated since they've butchered the show here and there but what's new right? happened since the very first episode, but hey at least the quality was far better than this episode.
and like other stated b4, you don't need to be a manga reader to see the quality differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I don't mind the how they cut corners to save money.
whoaa this one can't be right

if you are cutting corner, and you still get better or at least the same result/quality, I'd encourage other studio to follow (heck I'd encourage them to patent this "cutting corner" innovative method)

what they did in this episode was equivalent to deep frying bacon

although as someone posted already this "cutting corner" method was used mainly because outsourcing problem with ppl in China

and even if you don't mind, many do.
Old 2013-02-16, 23:26   Link #1568
kitten320

What in the world happened with episode 18? 0_o

I'm not manga reader so can't comment on anything story and adaption wise but animation!
I'm never picky when it comes to animation but that was just plain horrible. I had to replay scenes several times to ensure that my PC didn't lag.

That was the biggest amount of static shots I have ever seen! Even Bakemonogatari had more animation than that!

I mean really? WTF happened here?

Also Morg's dance looks 30 times better in OP than here. How on earth could they fuck up such a bright episode?!

Otherwise I wonder why Kogkyou is so mad.
Old 2013-02-16, 23:34   Link #1569
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It has been reported that the contractor company responsible for the inbetween artwork failed to deliver the art in time.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-16, 23:53   Link #1570
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
one manga reader dropping the anime does not equal to every manga reader out there dropping it

and yes, we were frustrated since they've butchered the show here and there but what's new right? happened since the very first episode, but hey at least the quality was far better than this episode.
and like other stated b4, you don't need to be a manga reader to see the quality differences
Agree with you there. I understand the episode quality suck balls!
Quote:
whoaa this one can't be right

if you are cutting corner, and you still get better or at least the same result/quality, I'd encourage other studio to follow (heck I'd encourage them to patent this "cutting corner" innovative method)

what they did in this episode was equivalent to deep frying bacon

although as someone posted already this "cutting corner" method was used mainly because outsourcing problem with ppl in China

and even if you don't mind, many do.
What the point of this? My opinion is that I don't mind.
Old 2013-02-16, 23:55   Link #1571
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
What in the world happened with episode 18? 0_o

I'm not manga reader so can't comment on anything story and adaption wise but animation!
I'm never picky when it comes to animation but that was just plain horrible. I had to replay scenes several times to ensure that my PC didn't lag.

That was the biggest amount of static shots I have ever seen! Even Bakemonogatari had more animation than that!

Also Morg's dance looks 30 times better in OP than here. How on earth could they fuck up such a bright episode?!

Otherwise I wonder why Kogkyou is so mad.
Me too, its really just the animation that was the problem for me. Like Kakkou said "Inferno Cop" quality.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 07:38   Link #1572
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
It has been reported that the contractor company responsible for the inbetween artwork failed to deliver the art in time.
Well I understand how demanding their work is but they really deserve a smack across the head here.

That's the poorest stuff I have ever seen.

And the only other time I have ever complaint about animation was Naruto VS Pain fight where they distorted all the faces.
Old 2013-02-17, 08:34   Link #1573
Westlo
Lets be reality

The sad thing about Mor's dance is that you can tell it would look really good if the actual inbetweens were done.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 10:39   Link #1574
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Aww, it's quite a pity there were production troubles in this episode (which I'm sure will be completely fixed in the Blu-Rays not that that's an excuse for now) since I really wanted to see how they would animate Mor's dance. It's sad because it looks like they put a lot of effort in this episode (while almost nothing was moving due to lack of in-betweens, there was quite a bit of detail I mean you wouldn't notice that there was something wrong if you screencap the episode) but I really hope this doesn't happen again.
Old 2013-02-17, 11:33   Link #1575
konart

yey! Skywalker Hakuryuu is here!
Old 2013-02-18, 07:16   Link #1576
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
Aww, it's quite a pity there were production troubles in this episode (which I'm sure will be completely fixed in the Blu-Rays
How often are anime TV series reanimated for Bluray releases?
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 07:24   Link #1577
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
How often are anime TV series reanimated for Bluray releases?
All of them get at least touch ups for the BluRay release. In the case of something like Jojo, they redo huge chunks of the character stuff.

In this specific episode's case, I imagine "adding the in-between animations" isn't as much work as we think. They just didn't *have* them to add, on time.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 08:06   Link #1578
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Yep. They ordered the in-between animation, and will have paid for it, it's just that they didn't arrive in time to be aired. There's no way they won't add it into the BluRays (and DVDs, if they're selling those too). The staff are probably really ashamed of having aired an ep with such lousy animation - one of the staff called Morgiana's dance "ruined" the way it had to air.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-18, 15:44   Link #1579
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Episode 19 is at least much better animated than the last. No bizarre Fanalis floating techniques for walking motion I was really looking forward to the Kougyoku incident and think the payoff is really good -- Hanazawa Kana's yelling is my favourite kind of yelling.

Very pleased with Hakuryuu's voice. Not much from him since he was just [re?]introduced, but looking forward to the way things play out from here. The snake bite thing still weirds me out if it's heading where I think it's heading, though...
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 11:18   Link #1580
EroKing

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen