Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 00:11   Link #141
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
Another great episode...loved the fact that Tomoe remembered Nanami's
girl classmates names. Wonder what "crow-boy" is doing?

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 00:20   Link #142
Jehuty

Now that I know that this series has the same director as Furuba, when I saw the white snake I couldn't help but make the biggest smile and happily thought, Ayame!

Alas... while it's someone with no common sense, this guy is nowhere near the awesomeness that was Ayame.
Old 2012-10-24, 05:10   Link #143
kuromitsu

So this time we have... a yandere snake. He was cute, though I'm not into yandere so I hope he'll get better by the time we see him again. I also hope that in one episode we'll see someone who can actually put up a fight against Tomoe, I know this is not an action anime but it's a bit meh how easily he pwns everyone. (Also, I hope that the "girl is in danger -> Tomoe needs to save him" scenario won't become the default, or if it does, I want to see some actual fights.)

But my favorite part was the random Kurama cameo. XD I love how they're not taking him seriously at all, with the cookie-cutter music and the candles&rose petals... XD I really hope we'll see him again.

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-24 at 05:23.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 10:53   Link #144
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
(Also, I hope that the "girl is in danger -> Tomoe needs to save him" scenario won't become the default, or if it does, I want to see some actual fights.)
Next episode preview seems to say that it'll be "Tomoe in danger! -> Nanami needs to save him" instead, lol.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:26   Link #145
ookamigirl

A white snake complicated things.
That Nanami seems to be a trouble magnet.
Tomoe being the new transfer student, now that was interesting.
At least Nanami liked having him as a schoolmate.
Even after being kidnapped, all she could thing about was Tomoe.
That girl totally likes that tsundere fox!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 11:57   Link #146
Lota

Hmmm, I really liked this episode I was a little troubled earlier because I thought that the anime would seem too fluffy and too girly compared to the manga and I didn't really like the way Nanami looked in the anime, but now I'm more that content. Nanami looked really beautiful, the quality is rather good and the fluff has grown on me... It's really cute :3

I remember reading this chapter in the manga and feeling sorry for poor Mizuki, and I'm happy that the anime managed to convey that as well.

Anyway, it was a really enjoyable episode and hope they can keep up the good work... I just can't help but wonder at what point the anime will end.
Lota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 12:43   Link #147
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Interesting how Tomoe always reacts when Nanami is in danger, is much as he didnt want her as his familiar he knows his life depends on her. His ending inner monologue was very interesting, I definitely want to see how that plays into further epis.

Mizuki was cute, have to feel sorry for him also losing his master. Loved that Okamoto Nobuhiko was his voice.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 16:27   Link #148
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Interesting how Tomoe always reacts when Nanami is in danger, is much as he didnt want her as his familiar he knows his life depends on her. His ending inner monologue was very interesting, I definitely want to see how that plays into further epis.

Mizuki was cute, have to feel sorry for him also losing his master. Loved that Okamoto Nobuhiko was his voice.
Tomoe has a soft spot for her...even before he became her familiar. An example was in ep 1, his frantic behaviour while they were fallling and she refused to grovel at his feet. And his monologue just shows how much he really thinks of her - love the very last line.

I was hit with much envy in ep 4...I so want Tomoe as my classmate (or better yet, as my familiar!!).

Mizuki's voice is exactly as I imagined it while reading the manga.

So loving this anime! ...are you sure it's only 1 cour?

...dang! Chibi!Tomoe next ep!!!

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 22:10   Link #149
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Spoiler for Only a few days:
Old 2012-10-24, 23:50   Link #150
andromeda0201

I'm still enjoying this anime, it's really consistent and it might be just me but the voice acting and directing is really good! Mizuki sounded exactly what I imagined and the ending definitely foreshadowed something?

Chibi Tomoe in the next episode /faints
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 04:16   Link #151
Bern-san

Mizuki's voice was great, his character reminds me of those dogs like Hachiko who are still loyal to their owner even after death...

Little by little Tomoe and Nanami's relationship seem to get a bit closer.

Yay for chibi-Tomoe in next episode! He's ultra cute.
Why is this only one cour?
Old 2012-10-25, 06:57   Link #152
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Why is this only one cour?
Sponsors aren't willing to pay more.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:28   Link #153
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
The anime is becoming my most favorite this season after SAO and Muv Luv....

Only proves that an anime doesn't need to be too flashy, booby and complicated in plot to attract attention.... Kami-sama proves that.... Love it!!!! and the song!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 07:54   Link #154
Kirarakim

Perhaps if this sells well or even if manga sales go up we will get a 2nd season down the line, one can hope.
Old 2012-10-26, 13:17   Link #155
Ingram

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
According to sources it's only 1-cour, I don't know how far they will adapt but I'm hoping they would reach the God's Conference arc..
For a one-cour series, the story in v5 is a good place to stop... They'd have to drop a lot of stories to skip ahead to the conference, but they're already running the stories out of order in just these first few episodes... We'll just have to wait and see. ^^
Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-29, 22:45   Link #156
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This has been a pleasant surprise. A cute couple and a well-written story -- what more do you need in a show like this. I like how spunky Nanami is; I don't think this show would work with another type of heroine. While there has been a lot of saving by Tomoe, Nanami has pulled her weight, too. Fixing up the couple in episode three was a substantial task.

I like the ED, too, but it doesn't come close to the ending of Shin Sekai Yori in terms of both music and animation. That is the most beautiful ED I've seen in quite a while. I could only watch the Kamisama OP the first time. I almost didn't watch the show because the OP was so sugary.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 07:17   Link #157
andromeda0201

Those worried about Tomoe saving the day every time will be pleased with this episode

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Last edited by andromeda0201; 2012-10-30 at 17:12.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 11:18   Link #158
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda0201 View Post
Those worried about Tomoe saving the day every time will be pleased with this episode
Well, Nanami (typo edited OTL) is only human with limited kami power, so it's understandable that she needs saving when confronted with a strong opponent. But she's not the stereotypical damsel-in-distress type heroine. In situations where she can use her own strength and do things on her own, she will. That's what I like about Nanami's character. Heck, she refused to ask Tomoe to save her in ep 1 when she fell from the tree even if it means her death - instead, forced a contract with him and commanded him to do so. If that doesn't show this girl has spine, I can't imagine what does. But no worries, Nanami will show her strength even more - just wonder if the anime will cover them or not though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda0201 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
*spazzes* So darn cute!!!

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Last edited by PreSage; 2012-10-30 at 21:53. Reason: edited typo OTL
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 11:35   Link #159
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Well, Tomoe is only human with limited kami power, so it's understandable that she needs saving when confronted with a strong opponent.
I spy a typo.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 15:08   Link #160
sikvod00

I believe the latest episode is 5, not 4. Still waiting on subs.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo, supernatural