Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-13, 21:21   Link #1401
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Uhm.
There is no rule anywhere that states I can't like fictional characters who are immoral. In fact, I can like a fictional character exactly because of his faults if I am so inclined.
Not to mention that thanks to Rolo's upbrining, he didn't even possess the moral capacity to understand that killing is wrong.

Saying that everyone or even the majority of the people who like Rolo only do so because he is "cute" (which he is!) is an assumption that lacks evidence. I could say something similar about pretty much any character.
This is the Shirley thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, it'd be rather wrong to call Shirley an "unimportant" character because of the major roles she played in the plot at several occasions. Hell, Nobodyman9 wouldn't have even gotten this character thread created if Shirley was deemed an unimportant character.
IMO, every character in the series was created for a purpose. Whether or not they died in their 2 minutes of screentime, they do contribute to the show. All characters, not just Shirley are important.
Old 2010-03-13, 21:33   Link #1402
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, it'd be rather wrong to call Shirley an "unimportant" character because of the major roles she played in the plot at several occasions. Hell, Nobodyman9 wouldn't have even gotten this character thread created if Shirley was deemed an unimportant character.
Well, to be fair, Arbitres wasn't saying that Shirley was unimportant, but that Sunrise believed she was unimportant. But I wouldn't agree with that either. I mean, she was important enough to get two small story arcs to herself, and...well, she quite obviously had a big impact on Lelouch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
IMO, every character in the series was created for a purpose. Whether or not they died in their 2 minutes of screentime, they do contribute to the show. All characters, not just Shirley are important.
Oh yeah, like Kewell's sister who was on screen for all but two seconds just to be killed off. I suppose simply due to Sunrise's misogyny and/or disdain for humanity. But I digress.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-13, 21:42   Link #1403
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Oh yeah, like Kewell's sister who was on screen for all but two seconds just to be killed off. I suppose simply due to Sunrise's misogyny and/or disdain for humanity. But I digress.
It happened to quite a few characters. Who knows why they put them in there? I would think it served a purpose if they even put it in. Maybe it was just to show someone died at that certain point in time? I know it's stupid, since there are millions of people who died, but I can't account for Sunrise's logic in these situations.
Old 2010-03-14, 00:51   Link #1404
Lost Cause

I like to think that all the characters were important too, to one degree or another. But Shirley had a definet story to tell! And unfortunately Sunrise was only interested in getting as broad an audience as possible, while blowing fans minds by killing off characters just advance the show! To bad Shirley didn't get her own manga as well!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-14, 01:45   Link #1405
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
To bad Shirley didn't get her own manga as well!
LOL, where's that coming from? You mean like how Suzaku and Nunnally got their own mangas?

Hmm, well while I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the idea, it doesn't seem likely. I mean, if C.C. and Kallen didn't get their own manga, what chance does Shirley have?
Old 2010-03-14, 14:06   Link #1406
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
I mean, if C.C. and Kallen didn't get their own manga, what chance does Shirley have?
We can still dream
Old 2010-03-15, 18:08   Link #1407
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Huh, interesting to see the Shirley thread's still rollin'.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-15, 23:50   Link #1408
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr3adst0ne View Post
Huh, interesting to see the Shirley thread's still rollin'.
Hey Tr3adSt0ne! Good to see ya! But yeah, we're tryin' to keep it rollin'.

...Hmm, and on that note...well, since the idea was proposed, if Shirley did get her own manga what do you think it would be about?
Old 2010-03-16, 03:30   Link #1409
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Hey Tr3adSt0ne! Good to see ya! But yeah, we're tryin' to keep it rollin'.

...Hmm, and on that note...well, since the idea was proposed, if Shirley did get her own manga what do you think it would be about?
Yep, been busy lately with transferring out of Africa, and I'll be returning home stateside this week.

My guess would probably be that it would be a short about her dreams and aspirations for her future, as well as her interactions with the people on the show (besides the cast at Ashford Academy).
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 17:16   Link #1410
Nobodyman9
Banned

Hmm, well I figure it would be something like a high school, slice-of-life, shojo-ish kind of story. It could be a shojo love story between Shirley and Lelouch or it could be just Shirley having fun with her Ashford friends.

Of course, they could also go the serious route and maybe it could be a NoN type story, where Shirley gets a geass and plays a bigger role in the story somehow.
Old 2010-03-16, 20:56   Link #1411
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Hmm, well I figure it would be something like a high school, slice-of-life, shojo-ish kind of story. It could be a shojo love story between Shirley and Lelouch or it could be just Shirley having fun with her Ashford friends.

Of course, they could also go the serious route and maybe it could be a NoN type story, where Shirley gets a geass and plays a bigger role in the story somehow.
Both ideas sound pretty interesting, but I think I'd prefer the high school, slice of life, shoujo story route. We've already seen Shirley in a series with tragedy in it, so I'd want to see a lighter, happier story this time around.

I like the idea of a happy AU in general, actually. Like everyone is alive and their biggest concerns are with things in everyday life like romance and school related things. Of course, I loved the original story, but a light hearted side would be a nice contrast to the original.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:12   Link #1412
azul120

Yeah. Something along the lines of the pic at the end of the final picture drama.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:17   Link #1413
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Yeah. Something along the lines of the pic at the end of the final picture drama.
Yea, it'd be something like that!

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:18   Link #1414
Lost Cause

Count me in on the slice-of-life, high school shoujo, light hearted story!
Dramas are good, but I'd rather see the lighter side for a change!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-03-16, 21:26   Link #1415
azul120

I'd like a Suzumiya-esque take, for some reason. I'm thinking Milly would be the Haruhi, albeit way less abrasive, Shirley would be the Mikuru, naturally, Lelouch would be the Kyon, Suzaku would be the Koizumi, and Euphie would be the Tsuruya.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:34   Link #1416
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Ah, yes. That is absolutely the perfect idea! I love that pic

Quote:
I'd like a Suzumiya-esque take, for some reason. I'm thinking Milly would be the Haruhi, albeit way less abrasive, Shirley would be the Mikuru, naturally, Lelouch would be the Kyon, Suzaku would be the Koizumi, and Euphie would be the Tsuruya.
Hmm, I still haven't seen Haruhi Suzumiya, but I do know what kind of show it is, so yeah, that could work too. Probably could do without the whole "god" thing though
Old 2010-03-17, 22:02   Link #1417
Lost Cause

Or maybe more like Lucky Star? Then again maybe not!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-03-17, 22:06   Link #1418
azul120

Lucky Star's practically all-girl though. Besides, Suzumiya has more character analogues going for it.
Old 2010-03-17, 22:21   Link #1419
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Or maybe more like Lucky Star? Then again maybe not!
From what I've heard, Lucky Star is terrible But even if it's not, it's still a bit too cartoon-ish. Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing all the CG characters in chibi form. I believe that's an idea that was explored in the New CG Project thread.

So sure! Chibi Shirley and Lelouch It would have to be an OVA or 4koma though.
Old 2010-03-17, 22:34   Link #1420
azul120

The Melancholy of Lelouch-chan it is, then!