*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6raika View Post
Erm there you go I'm with the avatar right now and that's how it is in original
Max size for AS avies is 100x100

Yours happen to be 150x100 so that may be the problem ^^

(dam...I wanted 1k GET >.>).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 17:51   Link #1003
6raika
ベジータ

Send a message via ICQ to 6raika
K I moved my brain a little bit...sorry but every forum is so different ....wtf it works now doh
6raika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 14:41   Link #1004
Dxon
Inactive Member

why do the guys in the anime mostly end their sentences with ..ganega (or something.)
Most of the time the bad guys or the tough guys.
ganega has no meaning I think. So why add it?
its no like ka at the end for a question. they just add it like attebayo from naruto. but only naruto uses attebayo and ganega (or something ^^) is used in nearly every anime including bad guys.
What up with that??
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 19:47   Link #1005
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Only guys? So where you live girls talk like they do in anime... hmm??!

Anime characters are sometimes a mockery of humanity you know. They are just fragments of personality, pieces on a chess board which move in only one direction, and only one or two squares at a time. Even if they may not be perfect, they look like it, or seem like it. After all, perfect beings would move in only one direction, unburdened by uncertainty in the world. That's why children can understand them, why they have their symbolism, their simplicity...

The majority of anime fans have a lot of their feelings rooted deep into elitist or absolute ideals and ideas, they will not accept just any characteristics. Anime characters, like characters of fairy tales, need to meet certain standards, at some point. Them having too much of a personality is something that would get in the way, that's why their personality has to be crystallized. They are normal, but they stay the same, they make choices, but only two or thee things determine them. Limiting their vocabulary, actions and subsequently, any sort of event, is one way of archiving the goal.

Just think of it another way...
If you had a character ring a bell every time (s)he would say something, then if that character were to say anything with ought ringing the bell, whatever (s)he said would now gather great significance; even if there is no meaning or importance in it. Adding more bells to your character exponentially increases the possible cards you hold.

The villain ends sentences with -ganega you say. Well eventually he's gonna have to give his speech; what if he, like other villains in anime, surprisingly loses his -ganega bell in that scene; how would you feel then. ~ Characters need bells and whistles for us to hear; and anime characters in particular use some really load ones sometimes.

It's just my opinion and my personal experience; so don't think too much of it. For what it's worth, series which don't use bells on their character do exist, but then I guess that is the difference between watching a show or just looking at animated blobs of colour.
Old 2008-01-03, 01:58   Link #1006
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
why do the guys in the anime mostly end their sentences with ..ganega (or something.)
Most of the time the bad guys or the tough guys.
ganega has no meaning I think. So why add it?
its no like ka at the end for a question. they just add it like attebayo from naruto. but only naruto uses attebayo and ganega (or something ^^) is used in nearly every anime including bad guys.
What up with that??
So I'm going to give this a try;
Didn't you mean "Ja~nai~ka"?
which can be translated as [Janai = negative form] [Ka=Question form]

E.X: Suki = Like/Love
Suki Janai = to not like/love
Ringo o suki janaika = Don't you like apples?

So it makes sense that it's always placed at the end of a sentence and you might have noticed it.
Old 2008-01-03, 05:13   Link #1007
Dxon
Inactive Member

Explains alot from you both. Although Cats misunderstood my question. They dont say that at home. The guys IN the anime say it a lot IF they are villains. ^^
Well..
Who knows a question now??
Old 2008-01-03, 07:24   Link #1008
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

Is there a gld expert on animesuki forums? What the hell is cadium and no-cadium in reference to gold. I thought carat was the purity of the gold. I am in India yeah and I was at a shop whose policy is that exchange in gold is weight. Understandable. You can't trade an old 20g (22K) necklace for a new 20g (22K) gold necklace due to wasteage and making charges. However, we wanted to exchange the old necklace and have the price deduction of the new necklace so we pay for making and wasteage only. However, we we are about to sell the guy suddenly says that our gold isn't cadium and therefore we can only recieve 80% value. So, I was like WTF there the same carat. We didn't buy or exchange anything. Anyway, what's the difference between cadium and non-cadium (I don't know if I spelled cadium right)?

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 07:48   Link #1009
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

I'm not any expert but I think Cadmium is an impurity that helps gold retain it's purity (ironic, but, yeah).

Can't find anything on wiki though. D:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadmium
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 11:11   Link #1010
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
...absolute ideals and ideas, they will not accept just any characteristics. Anime characters, like characters of fairy tales, need to meet certain standards, at some point. Them having too much of a personality is something that would get in the way, that's why their personality has to be crystallized. They are normal, but they stay the same, they make choices, but only two or thee things determine them. Limiting their vocabulary, actions and subsequently, any sort of event, is one way of archiving the goal.
I think you hit the nail here (for most characters). Which makes most characters appear strange, alien, at most funny (to me). Well funny characters mean comedy and comedy is good.
Old 2008-01-03, 20:55   Link #1011
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
Explains alot from you both. Although Cats misunderstood my question. They dont say that at home. The guys IN the anime say it a lot IF they are villains. ^^
Well..
Who knows a question now??
There are two possible answers to your question, depending on what examples you're thinking of. The first is what most people have been saying, which as I understand it is that it's just something added for that character.

The answer I'd give is that you're picking up on something that exists in the Japanese language but doesn't really exist in the English language (or many other Latin-based languages). You probably know that in Japanese there are certain patterns of speech that are used exclusively by each gender (in modern times the barriers are breaking down such that women can now use "male patterns", but males do not use "female patterns" unless perhaps for comedic effect or to mimic a woman). Some of what you hear may be a macho-masculine form, which would appear very odd in regular speech but fits right in with movies and such.
Old 2008-01-04, 04:36   Link #1012
Dxon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
The answer I'd give is that you're picking up on something that exists in the Japanese language but doesn't really exist in the English language (or many other Latin-based languages). You probably know that in Japanese there are certain patterns of speech that are used exclusively by each gender (in modern times the barriers are breaking down such that women can now use "male patterns", but males do not use "female patterns" unless perhaps for comedic effect or to mimic a woman). Some of what you hear may be a macho-masculine form, which would appear very odd in regular speech but fits right in with movies and such.
Straight to the point! ^^ So thats why they just keep saying that in most anime's with villains. Those villain's are useally the ones with a lower voice and so much muscles that you would think he was a tree or mountain. ^^ So its the male pattern thingy for the tough guys being all tree-like.. AHAH! Answer solved! ^^
Thanks!
RESTECP TO YOU ALL!! ^^ (Ali G in tha house. )
Old 2008-01-06, 10:36   Link #1013
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

In the English language, which one would be more correct?

If I were an apple then I would be eaten.
OR
If I was an apple then I would be eaten.

I always thought it doesn't really matter but kinda thought that the latter would be more correct, but I have found out that the first usage is traditionally true due to something called subjunctive mood, which I don't even know what it is...

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 10:41   Link #1014
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

That The Right Answer (If I were an apple then I would be eaten)
I Think..
Old 2008-01-06, 10:43   Link #1015
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

If I were ...

=o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjunctive_mood

Edit:
Okay, so I just realised you mentioned subjunctive mood in your post. So here's a more specific link for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subjunc...s_a_hypothesis

Last edited by innominate; 2008-01-06 at 10:51. Reason: Okay, >_>
Old 2008-01-06, 10:51   Link #1016
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Really Well Sorry For The Wrong Answer ...Well 96/100 In My English Exam For Nothing..
Old 2008-01-06, 10:53   Link #1017
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Um, weren't you correct? o-o

*just to clear the confusion*
Old 2008-01-06, 10:59   Link #1018
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Um, weren't you correct? o-o

*just to clear the confusion*
I Read One Sentience In Your Site ...So I Guess I'm Wrong. Not Sure...
So I Not Wrong ..Yay
Old 2008-01-06, 17:06   Link #1019
Densha
Inside a train

Quote:
I Read One Sentience
do you mean 1 sentence?
Densha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 17:08   Link #1020
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

OMG This The Third Time With Wrong Written Today Thanks...Den