AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-01-31, 17:36   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The last few chapters have been seriously good. I just love when this title brings on the drama with so much force, and still it's written with the classic Sasameki Koto charm.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:42   Link #22
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l can see why you want Ushio to confess. Sumi from the start has been the one we known of her desire/love for Ushio her pain and sorrow as she saw ushio flock towards another pretty girl, so Sumi deserves to be confessed. Still, the strong one of them both is Sumi so she needs to up and confess this drama is killing me....

lt be much harder for ushio to confess since her psyche is all messed up when it comes to love ...so she wouldn't get hurt again. To me Ushio has never really "liked" slim,small, defenseless girls, it was more of a lie she created to fool herself from what she really wanted. lf we go back to the flashback chapter of her first love....the girl looked like none of those things... she actually resembled Sumi very much.... so all this time she has been lying to herself in order for Sumi not to be disgusted at her like her first love was....

l really doubt Ushio can get past this hurdle....

the art style was one of the things that lured me into this series. l love it as well.
This is what gets to me(in a good way) is Ushio's fragile side cause of her fragile side I want her to be the one to pounce first but also at same time I really don't want her to get hurt in the outcome.

I never noticed about the girl in the flashback before but I see what you mean now, thats pretty interesting.

The real special thing about this series is it actually makes me care for the characters, maybe more so the main couple in a sense.
Only a few other series make me do so, like Kurohime, Umi no Misaki, Highschool Debut and Little House with an Orange Roof.
I get all or when things go wrong for the couples in these series.
Even for the stuff that is super serious and dramatic still usually fall short on that little X factor about the characters that make me really care.
Old 2010-02-17, 16:43   Link #23
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

29 and 30 are out.

Things are looking kind of rough for our heroes.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-17, 17:11   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, the last few pages of chapter 30 are really something. Pretty damn heavy as well.
Old 2010-02-18, 21:39   Link #25
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i wonder how they'll reconcile. it seems almost beyond repair.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 09:59   Link #26
MikiMata

Wow. I finished the anime recently, and thought I'd check out the latest chapters of the manga. I can't believe their relationship deteriorated this fast! Was it really all because of that argument over Lotte?
MikiMata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 10:23   Link #27
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

It sounds like you should read starting from the chapters were the anime stops.

In fact, I think more people should be reading this. >_>
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 22:51   Link #28
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

my god....this damn thing has gotten so depressing....l'm starting to miss the comedy...
Old 2010-02-20, 23:17   Link #29
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
If only the anime producers waited a LITTLE BIT for more material then it could have gotten to that point.....
Old 2010-02-21, 01:17   Link #30
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
If only the anime producers waited a LITTLE BIT for more material then it could have gotten to that point.....
Actually I liked where the anime stopped off, while sure enough would be great to see it continue on but this way if a 2nd Season comes around, we should have enough material for another very good sesaon.

I honestly don't know what to think of the current events, one hand I am somewhat eager to see what this great drama turns out like(even tho it means bad stuff for the cast, for me drama that makes me want more is when it's done right) and on the other I don't want anything bad to befall these 2.

Another thing about this is while I have no idea how such a situation would be like in RF couldn't even imagine but I get this odd feeling this series does a good job of portraying it with a certain degree of realism(this would be one of those "can't explain why buy just feel like so" things)

now we got a long wait on our hands, think I'll go catch up on Girlfriends now.
Old 2010-02-21, 17:41   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
my god....this damn thing has gotten so depressing....l'm starting to miss the comedy...
Yeah i am missing the comedy, though at the same time i'm really into this serious drama. I knew the show could deliver such emotion, and the longer it goes on, the better.
Old 2010-04-29, 11:47   Link #32
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

just out of curiosity, is there a reason why there hasn't been a new chapter in months?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-04-29, 15:09   Link #33
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
just out of curiosity, is there a reason why there hasn't been a new chapter in months?
The group scanning are waiting for tank, which I think they said might be around be around March so guess we'll see something soon enough.

can't wait to see whats to come, still waiting on my Ponytail wearing Sumi-chan!!!
Old 2010-05-01, 09:32   Link #34
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
And said group scanning has released chapters 31 and 32..

31 was so painful to read. though i've skimmed through it raw already it was still painful all the same..

32 was then hnng then lol..

and i too can't wait for the ponytail...

and judging from the tank table of contents it seems that there's going to be and extra chapter and a short story to fill the gap to make it 6 chapters as the average per sasameki tank..
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 16:47   Link #35
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

31 was killer. though it did resolve faster than i thought it would. but then again the arc did last for several chapters, and its been a while since i've read it. 32 was more of a whyyyyyyyyyyy type of chapter.

Old 2010-05-05, 07:53   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Chapter 31 was indeed a 100% killer chapter, though i found the cliffhanger to be even more heart stopping.
Old 2010-05-05, 18:03   Link #37
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Just finished reading chapter 32 and I'm very glad this was resolved fast, after 31 I was afraid we would get another volume of angst. It's about time they finally get together.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 18:17   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
Just finished reading chapter 32 and I'm very glad this was resolved fast, after 31 I was afraid we would get another volume of angst. It's about time they finally get together.
Chapter 31 was pretty much the limit of angst, so ending it a chapter after was a good call.
Old 2010-05-05, 18:57   Link #39
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Chapter 31 was pretty much the limit of angst, so ending it a chapter after was a good call.
Definitely, and things seem to be looking up for Sumika and Ushio. I hope we can see them as a couple in the near future.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 21:26   Link #40
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

anything worse than 31 would have to be one of them dying.. seriously.

Tags
seinen, yuri