Old 2013-06-27, 21:50   Link #582
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Yes 2nd season confirmed

and that umbrella scene, perfect execution and emi blush was nice

but the most part, it seemed like an ova, slice of life
Where did it say there would be a second season?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 21:58   Link #583
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Lantern must be having Chinese New Year in his head.
Wha- I don't even...?!

Jokes aside, I really liked how they handled that scene though. No shouting or bickering, just quiet mush and mellow (dat umbrella spin )
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:03   Link #584
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Wha- I don't even...?!

Jokes aside, I really liked how they handled that scene though. No shouting or bickering, just quiet mush and mellow (dat umbrella spin )
After all the violent tsundere crap I've had to read through, its nice to see a silent, but emotional scene like this. Despite the lack of words, the meaning is clear.

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2013-06-27 at 22:14.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:07   Link #585
ImperialE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Where did it say there would be a second season?
Did they make an announcement on it already?
ImperialE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:27   Link #586
DeathHarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I actually liked the final episode. What I am talking about are other people complaining about it, I find them unfounded.
Oh yeah no I got what you were saying and I completely agree it was fun! I was just trying to figure out where the complainers may have been coming from eh?
DeathHarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:30   Link #587
DeathHarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
Wha- I don't even...?!

The blush was perfect! I need to learn the language so I can appreciate the voice acting more haha, but I really liked the way it was handled too from a directing/acting perspective. There's an incredible power in silence and low volume in acting, and they seem to have it down pretty well there
DeathHarte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-27, 22:34   Link #588
Ghanw
(-_-)

Love the ending on how they concluded it for this season, now why cant other companies learn from them? But really the silence between the interaction between these two are really powerful as we compare them in how they first met on earth Emi was about to "carve" Maou's head or heart with a cheap knife and now we have Emilia blushing in front of Maou. Omg
Old 2013-06-27, 22:39   Link #589
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am looking forward to the nest season which may be next summer or the one after that. I wonder who will Lailiah voice actor will be.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:00   Link #590
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seriously, Maou and Emi are not honest to themselves at all. They can always choose to go back to their Enta Isle, but refuse to do so, especially Maou.

It seems both of them are really attached to the Earth. Lucifer chose to stay in Japan because he found his "heaven"...but there is no excuse for Maou and Emi not to return.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 00:11   Link #591
Used Can

I don't think it would have been good for him to return at that point. His army had been defeated, he had lost all the lands he had conquered, and it seems even the central continent was being somewhat occupied by the Church.
If he had decided to return at that point he would have been chased by the Church, and Emilia wasn't sure to help him since, even if she had started looking at him in a better light, he still hadn't done enough to make her change her mind on him, and Emilia still had her allegiance with the Church and humanity. Not to mention she still thought he was responsible for the death of her father and the destruction of her hometown.
So, going back would have led to all forms of failure.
Old 2013-06-28, 02:45   Link #592
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialE View Post
Did they make an announcement on it already?
a source from myanimelist.com said so

according to the source he/she watched the credits on Japanese TV (which means he/she lives in Japan) saying see you next season
Old 2013-06-28, 04:30   Link #593
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

I realized they had never explained the meaning behind Suzuno's "Heart Bento" from back in episode 7 during the epilogue. So here it is. All cards on the table, from the LN:

Spoilers
Spoiler for mystery bento
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-28, 05:25   Link #594
ekulerudamuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
a source from myanimelist.com said so

according to the source he/she watched the credits on Japanese TV (which means he/she lives in Japan) saying see you next season

are you talking about me perhaps?? im the one who said it on MAL
ekulerudamuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-28, 07:02   Link #595
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I don't think it would have been good for him to return at that point. His army had been defeated, he had lost all the lands he had conquered, and it seems even the central continent was being somewhat occupied by the Church.
If he had decided to return at that point he would have been chased by the Church, and Emilia wasn't sure to help him since, even if she had started looking at him in a better light, he still hadn't done enough to make her change her mind on him, and Emilia still had her allegiance with the Church and humanity. Not to mention she still thought he was responsible for the death of her father and the destruction of her hometown.
So, going back would have led to all forms of failure.
Maou is already overpowered and only Emi's better half can defeat him. So even if they gang up on him it will be pointless. It will be a one-sided annihilation. So long as Emi doesn't fight him it will be all good.
Old 2013-06-28, 10:28   Link #596
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Ending scene from the anime was really cute, sort of glad only a chunk of the umbrella scene was taken from the LN which left it ending on a cute and more sincere note.
Old 2013-06-28, 11:48   Link #597
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekulerudamuru View Post
are you talking about me perhaps?? im the one who said it on MAL
maybe,, hehehehe
Old 2013-06-28, 15:24   Link #598
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Maou is already overpowered and only Emi's better half can defeat him. So even if they gang up on him it will be pointless. It will be a one-sided annihilation. So long as Emi doesn't fight him it will be all good.
Indeed, that's why I mentioned Emilia. By the end of volume 2, Maou still doesn't seem to have gained enough of Emilia's trust, for him to go back to Ente Isla with intentions of conquest, without her getting in his way.
So, unless he disposes of Emilia on Earth, then he'll have to face her at Ente Isla, where she is too at full power - and the last time he did that, he got his ass handed to him badly.

Not to mention that the Angels seem to be in cahoots with the Church. So, if they're indeed are working together, the Angels could easily send someone like Gabriel to deal with Maou, and Maou would get handled as if he was a child.

Also, I don't think Maou still plans to conquer Ente Isla in the same way he did before. So, he probably wants to develop a new plan and assess what other options he has.
Old 2013-06-29, 10:30   Link #599
Dark Wing

So any news on that manga adaption yet?
Old 2013-06-30, 03:36   Link #600
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Has anybody noticed that scamming company's boss
Spoilers
Spoiler for speculating
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance