4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-25, 20:29   Link #21
Toonleap

Talking Very good ED but not inspiring enough for me...

Episode 26 finally arrived....

Spoiler for Pros and Cons:

It ended this way, and it was a good ride. I dont have any regrets watching this series as I enjoyed playing the game as well....
Old 2006-09-26, 02:06   Link #22
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I agree, the ending seemed rather bland.
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2006-09-26, 03:04   Link #23
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Episode 26 Synopsis

I've decided to forgo putting my synopsis on my website front page and paste it here instead. You've seen the screenshots, and there's plenty of links to go around too. But nobody has the audacity to spend 6 hours translating and coming up with a synopsis of the episode besides me lol.

Well, that and the fact that all my recordings are in WMV9 format. VirtualDub, the program I use to open and take screenshots with, can't read that file type. I swear, this was done on purpose!

Well, the below spoiler is the summery. Again, my Japanese is not perfect. This is an extrapolation based on what I know from the game and what I was able to translate from the show...but it's not like I made up stuff. Don't click it unless you really wanna know what happens word for word. You have been warned.

Spoiler for Series Finale:

I'll give my full opinion of the show within the next 24 hours. But I must say this for now:
Spoiler for oh yes:
Old 2006-09-26, 03:35   Link #24
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Wow what a wonderful ending I must say.

Spoiler for a couple of small things to say:
Old 2006-09-26, 07:43   Link #25
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Mmmmh...just read Zaris' post with translations and such.
I'm a bit surprised that
Spoiler:

What's written above might not even have been considered by the staff - as a matter of fact, as I've said, I think they'll let Hakuoro sealed along with Uitsuarunemitea. In the game,
Spoiler:

Nevertheless, it seems that the two halves did not completely fuse together as seen when the party tried to seal them. So it might mean that Hakuoro's nature as an avatar is maintained because Dii doesn't want to fuse with him, leaving Uitsu's good side inside Hakuoro. I don't know if Dii's rebellion was stunted by the sealing spell and the two essences were forced-meshed together but it might be a credible way for Hakuoro to discard his second nature and come back as a mere mortal.

[offtopic]
BTW, Zaris, you should try CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) for taking screenshots.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-09-26 at 07:53.
Old 2006-09-26, 12:23   Link #26
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hate it when a good anime is only 25 or 26 Episodes long .. like Hyper Police >< i loved that and Utawarerumono and and very sad to see them end
Old 2006-09-26, 14:08   Link #27
kauldron26
Med Student

loved it, loved it, loved it loved it!!!
Old 2006-09-26, 15:31   Link #28
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
OMG! O.o
Spoiler:

and ohh so thats where the red blobs came from
Spoiler:

overall i really loved this series and the producers didnt screw up the end...thankfully...would be a shame if they did...
now i want that song that they played at the end!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-26, 16:38   Link #29
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

O_O OMG...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-26, 16:52   Link #30
molitar

I was disappointed with the end. Basically another anime where everyone loses in the end. And yes I mean lose. He lost his self.. Eruru lost him.. Aruru lost him.. Oboro lost Yuzuha.. Kamyuu still has not started to regain any mentality beyond a child. Man I'm tired of being drawn into bad ending anime's.
Old 2006-09-26, 17:15   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So.. its over. ;_;

Anyway, i've gotta admit.. i pretty much loved the last episode - true they left out a few things that would have pushed into over the top & made it even better, but i like how it is - the lil' ending showing the characters future was also a great touch. All thats needed now is the anime's ost at the end of October~

Oboro acting all so cool in his last scene.. i can't laugh at him anymore, but still, he's a great legend.

Never got to see Benawi at his fullest.. though just thinking how good that would be makes it all better.

Touka & Karura need there own TV series. :3

Yuzuha.. of course i'm not happy about her death, but i'm glad they didn't leave it hanging.

Kuuya.. <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 ~ ^^;;

& i'll say this last thing. Through out each & every episode, Hakuoro just kept on showing just what type of character he is.. what a legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
Spoiler:
Just because we didn't get to see it, where-ever she is.. i'll bet my life that she's smiling away.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-09-26 at 18:42.
Old 2006-09-26, 18:38   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCatXIII
O_O OMG...
Spoiler:

lol World of Warcraft player

but yea it sucks she died
Old 2006-09-26, 19:14   Link #33
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
imo it contributes to the impact of "everyone loses" but it comes across in a good way would have been nice to see the interval when yuzuha dies...i think seeing oboro cry would get me pretty emotional...

@ kyero fox ~ WoW owns

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-26, 19:39   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
i think seeing oboro cry would get me pretty emotional...
I know what you mean.. i'd be the same, crying my heart out. ^^;;

I'm sure Oboro did cry like hell, probably the same for Aruru.. okay, i don't wanna think about this anymore. ;_;
Old 2006-09-26, 20:53   Link #35
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

I think it was a good ending.We also got a few of the final pieces of the puzzle together

Spoiler:

Oh yeah,they absolutely must make a spinoff serie with Touka and Karura!
Old 2006-09-26, 22:51   Link #36
Jehuty

Spoiler:

personally, I liked the ending - although one thing was slightly confusing....

Was it Dii's essence that was absorbed by Hakuoro, or was it simply the other entity? Waitsuarumitea (sp?)... I mean, it's a little hard to understand.

Why, after he cut Onkami-dii's head, did it seem like he was trying to escape again? I thought that Dii's will would've been destroyed after Hakuoro destroyed it.

But yeah, I thought it was a good episode. the music at the end was touching, and I've always liked Hakuoro's VA's voice to be pleasant. I hope I get to hear him in other anime.

The whole damn episode had me at the edge of my seat as I saw the fight, and I kept trying to fight back tears as I saw Hakuoro say his farewell to everyone.

I like Hakuoro a lot as a character because even though he was Waitsuarumitea (or is it Onkami? D: ), he earned everyone's respect as Hakuoro, the man, and not the god. I don't think that he had a subconsious desire to be praised as Hakuoro - he simply did what he had because he wanted to share it, not because he wanted anything in return - I dunno...

but I have to say, the most touching part of this episode was definately seeing Aruru cry - it was such a barely contained sob... she really seemed like she didn't want to cry but she just couldn't hold it - it was such an honest kind of crying, it moved my heart. Her voice actress did such an amazing job.

sigh, it's sad knowing I don't have my Utawarerumono to look foward to from now on....
Old 2006-09-26, 23:10   Link #37
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
The was amount the best ending I seen in a while. I don't know how else to praise this final episode.
Old 2006-09-26, 23:24   Link #38
jtrog

I gave ep. 26 a vote of 9.

Some reason was they hurried through it all. That missed about 7 or 8 'tear jerker' moments. Im not sure how much time passed after Hakuoro left and Oboro lost Yuzuha as well as time it took him to recover and move on to the part we saw at the end.
Maybe they wanted it to all sink in later after we think about it and read some more.

I am glad some of their world exisitance, past and present got explained somewhat.
Old 2006-09-26, 23:45   Link #39
guenthar

I don't know how you could say that Eruru loving Hakuoro was incestual since if she was related to his child in some way that would have been probably thousands of years in the past and would be like saying everyone is related to each other since at the beginning of humanity there were far fewer people and a large part of humanity is related to those people and from that related to each other.

I really loved the whole series and place it very high on my all time most favorite anime list but I think it would have been much better if it was 52 episodes instead of 26 episodes.
Old 2006-09-26, 23:52   Link #40
Cardiac Glycoside

A good episode.

I would have liked it if somehow Eruruu lingered in "heaven" for a while with Hakuoro and everyone assumes she was abducted by aliens, only to find her back in town with tattered garments and not walking properly.

Oboro actually looks cool (or at least less stupid) with his "minimalist ninja" outfit last seen in ep. 4. Now that he is cool again, he knows his place. In other words, who can out perform GOD as Emperor of Tusukuru?

The twins "will be corrupted without" Oboro? Uh, I think episode 17 shows that the two are beyond redemption. ^_-

I know I have the grim reputation of making fun of Yuzuha for saying that she can't see shit. Well, now she can't taste, smell, hear or feel shit either. It's good to see that there's still at least a spoiled little sister's duo.