AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-03, 15:37   Link #201
marvelB

Yeah, that's another thing I meant to address..... while I definitely don't believe that Smoker's journey has ended in the long run, I AM pretty sure that he'll be MIA for the time being now that Law took his heart. Also, for those saying that separating an organ is the same as splitting apart limbs, I still disagree with you guys because we can clearly see that Smoker's heart was contained in what was either a block of ice or a "compressed" version of Law's room (which goes back to what I said about innards being a lot more fragile when compared to limbs, so they'd need to be handled with a lot more care than some talking legs.....).
Old 2012-04-03, 19:53   Link #202
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^ Shambles and Mes
Containing the heart is a important thing. Smoker is a Logia. If that heart is set free or Law looses focus Smoker has a chance to change his heart back to smoke and bring it back in. Law used two different methods. This is not shambles. If shambles was used on the heart it should make no difference at all. Is the Heart more fragile then the rest of the body part? Yes, but it still does not mean it is the exception ,once shamble is used on any part of the body the affects mean the part can operate while still being separate. You are trying to compare the heart in Laws hands to the body parts flying around as if they were used by the same technique. Law used shamble on all of them but for Smoker heart he used Mes. For your theory to be right Law would have to use shambles on the heart.

Second if Law used shambles instead of Mes he would have had no affect on Smoker. But lets say he did use it on Smoker and was successful. What is to stop smoker from turning his body parts into smoke and reforming himself?

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-04-03 at 20:19.
Old 2012-04-03, 23:51   Link #203
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
A new chapter would have made my week.
Old 2012-04-04, 12:18   Link #204
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yeah....I know that Oda needs a break once in a while with all the good chapters he pulls out week to week, but I need a break too! Finals are coming up for me.
Old 2012-04-04, 12:37   Link #205
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
You are trying to compare the heart in Laws hands to the body parts flying around as if they were used by the same technique. Law used shamble on all of them but for Smoker heart he used Mes. For your theory to be right Law would have to use shambles on the heart.

I dunno.... to me, it feels like it's the other way around. I mean, the way you and some others talk about it, you guys seem to see the heart as the same as any limbs that get split apart by "Shambles".... that is, that it won't really come to any harm even if it's taken outside of the body. Still, maybe it's just my crazy imagination, but I really can't help but think that a heart, lungs, liver or any vital organs are WAY too delicate when compared to a limb. That is, merely touching them would cause near-unendurable pain to their owners. I mean, I know someone else mentioned why the limbs can move independently from the head, but at least in that case, the brain is still "intact" (i.e. the brain is still protected by flash and bone), which right there is a clear difference between "shambles" and "mes".

That being said, I really feel that if Law really intended to kill Smoker, he could have crushed his heart like a tomato right then and there. However, he placed it in some sort of container instead, as if to keep it safe. Now if there really were no risk in separating the heart from the body, why not just leave it alone so it could flop around like a fish out of water? To be honest, I don't really buy the whole idea of Smoker making his heart intangible, because as powerful as logias are, they haven't really shown that they can control their vitals independently from the rest of their body. If anything, just keeping the thing out in the elements would be enough to kill Smokey (what with the cold weather and all). And couple that with the fact that the VA clearly keeled over after getting his heart stolen (which some people seem to keep ignoring for some reason), and I can feel fairly certain that organs need much more careful handling than limbs.....

And that concludes my long rant of the week!

Quote:

Yeah, curse that lazy sloth Oda! Why'd he have to take a break now, of all times! He better make next week's chapter twice as long to make up for this!
Old 2012-04-04, 13:36   Link #206
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I'm inclined to agree with the theory that grey_1960 put forward: it has merit :O

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2012-04-04, 19:41   Link #207
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Yeah, curse that lazy sloth Oda! Why'd he have to take a break now, of all times! He better make next week's chapter twice as long to make up for this!
Well that's a bit over the top.

Taking a break is his prerogative you know. Although it is bad timing

You should calm down man. It's just a manga at the end of the day.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:21   Link #208
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

At least he is not like Togashi!
Old 2012-04-05, 05:43   Link #209
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimboy234 View Post
At least he is not like Togashi!
Let Togashi play his Dragon Quest games in peace.
Old 2012-04-05, 09:33   Link #210
marvelB

Quote:
Well that's a bit over the top.

Taking a break is his prerogative you know. Although it is bad timing

You should calm down man. It's just a manga at the end of the day.

Hey now, I'm not the one who rages at my favorite manga authors whenever they go on a break! I'm more than used to Togashi and Miura's sabbaticals by this point. It still amuses me whenever I see people at other forums kick up a fuss, though.

And besides, I've still got series like Jojo, Toriko and Shingeki no Kyojin to (consistently) tide me over anyway, so you won't see any genuine complaints from my end.
Old 2012-04-05, 09:51   Link #211
ronin myael
lost ronin

methinks oda-sensei is busy with his baby. at least he's trying to be a good father. for years his life has been one piece, now he's got a family to think about. i don't really mind the break, it's just a week after all. it just makes me a bit sad though. without op my manga-reading week is not complete.
Old 2012-04-05, 21:09   Link #212
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Making epic is hard work.
Let the man get his rest.
Old 2012-04-06, 08:24   Link #213
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Making epic is hard work.
Let the man get his rest.
´true words, especially since Oda is one of the very few who actually do consistently deliver that epicness :d
Old 2012-04-06, 14:40   Link #214
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
^ Shambles and Mes
Containing the heart is a important thing. Smoker is a Logia. If that heart is set free or Law looses focus Smoker has a chance to change his heart back to smoke and bring it back in. Law used two different methods. This is not shambles. If shambles was used on the heart it should make no difference at all. Is the Heart more fragile then the rest of the body part? Yes, but it still does not mean it is the exception ,once shamble is used on any part of the body the affects mean the part can operate while still being separate. You are trying to compare the heart in Laws hands to the body parts flying around as if they were used by the same technique. Law used shamble on all of them but for Smoker heart he used Mes. For your theory to be right Law would have to use shambles on the heart.

Second if Law used shambles instead of Mes he would have had no affect on Smoker. But lets say he did use it on Smoker and was successful. What is to stop smoker from turning his body parts into smoke and reforming himself?
Doesnt that move instantly juke any logia, i mean firstly, he just sent frozen saltwater?? into the heart of the person, and basically that stops his heart and stops him from going all elemental.

instant-kill?
Old 2012-04-06, 18:42   Link #215
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
Doesnt that move instantly juke any logia, i mean firstly, he just sent frozen saltwater?? into the heart of the person, and basically that stops his heart and stops him from going all elemental.

instant-kill?
Oda has to limit the ability of fruits to not overpower characters. If not Kizaru would literally be the most powerful being in the entire One Piece universe, according to physics, moving at the speed of light, time would stop for him. He could literally kill every single character in One Piece in no time at all.

As for Oda taking a break, he deserves every bit of it. According to interviews with him, he sleeps 4 hours per month and last year he only went home once.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-04-06, 19:30   Link #216
paradox13
zzz

So do investment bankers.

I don't think he works harder than most mangaka.

And no-one said he wasn't deserving of it, *******

Quote:
Oda has to limit the ability of fruits to not overpower characters. If not Kizaru would literally be the most powerful being in the entire One Piece universe, according to physics, moving at the speed of light, time would stop for him. He could literally kill every single character in One Piece in no time at all.
We do not know how the physics of OP world works. Light may not move as fast there as it does in our world, or else it may just be that humans are naturally faster, stronger etc than humans on Earth, and so some (the stronger ones like pirates with high bounties etc) are able to react to Kizaru's light-speed attacks.

There are many possibilities, but I don't think any of this is too important to the plot.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-04-06 at 22:27. Reason: Do your HAVE to be so rude?
Old 2012-04-06, 21:47   Link #217
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
According to interviews with him, he sleeps 4 hours per month and last year he only went home once.
Clearly 4 hours per month is a mistranslation. It's not humanly possible to function properly with virtually no sleep for a whole month.
Old 2012-04-07, 09:39   Link #218
marvelB

lol yeah, I had even said in the SBS thread that the 4 hours a month thing was a typo on my end. This is Greg's quote from his Blue Deep summary:

Quote:
They ask what his average hours of sleep per night are this past month. He says about 4.

I mean, if Oda only had 4 hours total of sleep a month, he'd.... kind of die of exhaustion, heh. Though 4 hours of sleep a night doesn't sound the most healthy either. Honestly, I'd say the guy is more deserving of a Togashi-length hiatus than Togashi himself.....

Anyways, putting aside discussion of Oda's work ethics (as well as the argument over the mechanics of Law's power), I want to go back to my earlier theory of the PH master being the samurai's son. Upon thinking about it more, I think it would be a really interesting twist because it could potentially trigger a rather interesting response from the WG. Remember, it was already mentioned that the Wano country is a state that exists outside of the WG's jurisdiction. So what consequences would occur if the WG's upper echelon discovered that one of the Wano people was dealing in some shady business at a location that's even restricted to most government personnel.....?
Old 2012-04-07, 11:22   Link #219
golgo13

^

It would be interesting if PH master (ie M) is the samurais son there are some holes either way. I do agree there is no other visible character that could obviously be be the samurais son, and the fact that he wasn't spoken for in the biscuits room is peculiar. A samurai son doing science away from wano country is a little odd though.

One thing that comes to mind: the samurai child is a giant child. What if on extremely rare occasions normal humans can give birth to giants and vice versa, that would explain the varying sizes of people.. PH could also be giga-sizing the children..
Old 2012-04-10, 09:45   Link #220
marvelB

Hey guys, just putting out a quick reminder that yes, there will be a chapter this week. So expect the new thread to come along within the next 24 hours.

UPDATE: And it just came along!

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-04-11 at 01:51.
Closed Thread