AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-09-05, 09:35   Link #661
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Guys, don't forget that Sugita Tomokazu also voices Mayama.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 11:40   Link #662
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Thanks alot for the info. It's nice to see the real location of a game scene. The real fountain looks as gorgeous as its anime version.
Old 2006-09-05, 12:02   Link #663
-Nyu-
Yozora

Hehe, today I finally got something from Japan

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You see right, the official Kanon Prelude DVD!

In the package (with slipcase) are:
- DVD Box with postcard set inside
- Kanon Prelude introduction note

Pew, the voice actresses look cute^^
So as you can see from the first photo, the broadcast will start on October the fith.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 13:18   Link #664
DanielSong39

Man, that is a big picture of Ayu on the Prelude cover. Needless to say that changes the odds considerably. Here are the updated odds:

Ayu 1-5
None 9-1
Nayuki 15-1
Shiori 100-1
Mai 200-1
Motoko 1000-1
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 13:48   Link #665
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Man, that is a big picture of Ayu on the Prelude cover. Needless to say that changes the odds considerably.
I still say that a lot of bishoujo anime fans around here (not directed at you in particular) need to learn that quaint little saying: "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game that counts." It'd solve so much Internet drama, and maybe you'd actually enjoy the anime again (rather than just enjoying the arguments).

Anyway, that aside, my own Prelude DVD (along with a bunch of other recent DVDs) seem to be perpetually stuck with DHL in L.A. Every day, without fail, the status updates to say that it's still in L.A. How helpful.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 13:55   Link #666
orion

Ayu's opening line for the first series was in the first trailer. The ED is an Ayu love fest. Ayu is on t-shirts. Their objective is to tie all the stories together and already know that
Spoiler:
Her odds are better than 1-5 imo.

"None" isn't an option. That sounds like a bad game ending and a cop-out imo. They would probably get watanagashi'd for that.

Besides relentlessflame, the debates about the ending are all in good fun anyway.

No complaining about your mail relentlessflame. My package got opened before I got it. (A nice convenient hole was poked into the package so that you could see the contents.) I also opened my package in front of a postal employee to cover my a** because international mail doesn't occur often in my area.

Last edited by orion; 2006-09-05 at 14:08.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 15:53   Link #667
DanielSong39

I consider the original To Heart and AIR open endings, so my definition of an "open" ending is quite broad. And even so, the "open" ending is a 9-1 shot.

I could stomach an Ayu ending if it was done well. Unfortunately the last anime had the effect of garnering sympathy for Nayuki instead, which may or may not have been its intended effect - especially for a viewer with no previous knowledge of the story, such as myself. If they're going to go the Ayu route again they seriously need to beef up her character and have Nayuki play more of a support role, rather than be the main rival.

I saw similar problems in Canvas 2 and SHUFFLE!. In the former, the Kiri arc was poorly done as they left out a number of key dramatic elements - and was much weaker than the Elis arc near the start. And as for SHUFFLE!... I certainly would've gone "all-in" on Sia after a few episodes, and the single path anime probably would've worked better.

As you said, it's the journey that matters most - and not whether "my girl wins". But without a coherent, consistent story, it's much harder to accept when "my girl loses". Let's see if KyoAni can succeed where Toei failed.
Old 2006-09-05, 15:55   Link #668
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
I still say that a lot of bishoujo anime fans around here (not directed at you in particular) need to learn that quaint little saying: "It's not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game that counts." It'd solve so much Internet drama, and maybe you'd actually enjoy the anime again (rather than just enjoying the arguments).
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-05, 16:39   Link #669
mishangelle

I watched Toei's Kanon a long, long time ago and don't really remember Sayuri's character well, but if her 'nihaha' during the promo wasn't a Misuzu tribute, I don't know what it is
mishangelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 18:07   Link #670
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishangelle
I watched Toei's Kanon a long, long time ago and don't really remember Sayuri's character well, but if her 'nihaha' during the promo wasn't a Misuzu tribute, I don't know what it is
I dragged out my Toei version out last night and watched a little of it. Kawakami Tomoko's carriage of the voice was just like hers of Misuzu's (though I didn't hear any "nihahaha" in the segments I watched). Though you are right, her awkward laugh after that collision in the Prelude reel was quite the tribute to Misuzu!

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 18:20   Link #671
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well I will be damned. Just for a moment I thought of Misuzu... it was more like nihaha~ though.

By the way, I also took a look at Mai's conclusion in Toei Kanon. For some reason though, the thought of enclosed space and Shinjin wouldn't leave me somehow ><.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 18:35   Link #672
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Unfortunately the last anime had the effect of garnering sympathy for Nayuki instead, which may or may not have been its intended effect - especially for a viewer with no previous knowledge of the story, such as myself. If they're going to go the Ayu route again they seriously need to beef up her character and have Nayuki play more of a support role, rather than be the main rival. [...] Without a coherent, consistent story, it's much harder to accept when "my girl loses". Let's see if KyoAni can succeed where Toei failed.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-05, 18:59   Link #673
DanielSong39

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-05, 19:22   Link #674
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-05, 21:17   Link #675
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Well I will be damned. Just for a moment I thought of Misuzu... it was more like nihaha~ though.
You ARE right to think about Misuzu here, believe it or don't. Both share the same seiyuu, Kawakami Tomoko.

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 21:23   Link #676
K. Yamato
Sae's Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to K. Yamato
Just cant wait for this to be released soon! Oh yes I did an AMV especially for this! Please read the comment to if you have time ;p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4YEKR2Iwg

Quality is low because it makes it that way heh...if you want the full res wait awhile for this one to load

http://jaysondesigns.net/Other/KanonAMV.wmv

Cheers for now!

Oh yes one last thing...

*Work in progress*
Spoiler for Desk of Dreams:

-Jason-

Please visit my museum here at AnimeSuki ^^ Here
K. Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 23:08   Link #677
-Nyu-
Yozora

Thats a really nice WP^^
I didn't have much time to do watch the prelude DVD, but I'll do a small review on my site soon. God, the animation looks so damn good..
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 00:12   Link #678
orion

Well, I'd consider

Spoiler:

Beside Air TV has an open ending only if you don't want to face reality imo.

I'd crack a rib and give a cheer if Sayuri says "Gao" in this version.

Nice wallpaper K. Yamato!

They've gotta have a better Clannad cameo in this version than last time (t-shirt with Clannad written on it).

Last edited by orion; 2006-09-06 at 00:31.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 06:00   Link #679
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Well, finally got some time to finish remastering a wip that I had been working on:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jzfl3f
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-06, 11:49   Link #680
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Static Avatars

Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen