AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 13:20   Link #381
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Is that not how all meaningful relationships start? with one party randomly making marriage plans and deciding the future while you are completely unaware?
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:44   Link #382
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Anyone good in Ancient Japanese? I can't seem to figure out this...

Quote:
宮内卿有賢と聞こえられし人のもとなりける女房に、しのびてよるよる様をやつして通ひ給ひけるを、さぶらひ ども、「いかなるもののふの、局へ入るにか。」と思ひて、「うかがひて、あしたに出でむを打ち伏せむ。」と いひ、したくしあへりければ、女房いみじく思ひ嘆きて、例の日暮れにければおはしたりけるに、泣く泣くこの 次第を語りければ、「いといと苦しかるまじきことなり。きと帰り来む。」とて、出で給ひにけり 。
'''Question: Please translate the following underlined part into modern language. '''

The Chief Eunuch would often visit the wife of his Lord in the Kunaikyou (Basically, a room in old Japanese palaces reserved for the queen during the Imperial Eras during the Nara and Heian period). On seeing him, the samurais answered, “Who are you to barge into our Lady’s residence? We will beat you down the next morning while you lie prone.” The Lady felt very depressed as she saw this from her room. That night, as the Eunuch visited the lady as usual after sunset. The lady cried as she finished her words, and he said, “No such thing at all. I shall take a look and return”, and left.
Spoiler for TN:

From hikari:

Quote:
The samurai had disguised themselves, dressing shabbily before going to the handmaiden, who served the Lord Youken. These samurai, who served Youken, thought to themselves, ‘What manner of warrior would enter the quarters of a handmaiden?’ “Stand watch, and when he leaves the next morning, we shall lay our fury upon him,” So they said, preparing each other, and as a result, the maiden grew greatly depressed. Like another other day, dusk came, so he went to the maiden, so as the maiden cried, he said, “No such thing at all. I shall take a look and return”, and left.
'''Shimada Minami’s Answer:'''

' '

'''Teacher’s Comment'''

It is really a pity to leave the answer blank in this situation. Next time, try writing some words even if you do not know the answer.

'''Tsuchiya Kouta’s Answer:'''

‘Listen to me, Mike. My wife got involved in a traffic accident a few days ago.’

'''Teacher’s Comment:'''

I did ask you to write something.

'''Yoshii Akihisa’s Answer:'''

‘Don’t worry, Johnny. As long as you use this brand new Super☆Muscle, any stain can be washed off once!’

Looking at this brand name, I think it is not used for cleaning stains, is it? (Funny thing is, there is a Mr Muscle Brand out there...)

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2012-10-10 at 02:38.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 12:52   Link #383
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Anyone good in Ancient Japanese? I can't seem to figure out this...

'''Question: Please translate the following underlined part into modern language. '''

The Chief Eunuch would often visit the wife of his Lord in the Kunaikyou (Basically, a room in old Japanese palaces reserved for the queen during the Imperial Eras during the Nara and Heian period). On seeing him, the samurais answered, “Who are you to barge into our Lady’s residence? We will beat you down the next morning while you lie prone.” The Lady felt very depressed as she saw this from her room. That night, as the Eunuch visited the lady as usual after sunset. The lady cried as she finished her words, and he said, “No such thing at all. I shall take a look and return”, and left.
Spoiler for TN:

'''Shimada Minami’s Answer:'''

' '

'''Teacher’s Comment'''

It is really a pity to leave the answer blank in this situation. Next time, try writing some words even if you do not know the answer.

'''Tsuchiya Kouta’s Answer:'''

‘Listen to me, Mike. My wife got involved in a traffic accident a few days ago.’

I did ask you to write something.

'''Yoshii Akihisa’s Answer:'''

‘Don’t worry, Johnny. As long as you use this brand new Super☆Muscle, any stain can be washed off once!’

Looking at this brand name, I think it is not used for cleaning stains, is it? (Funny thing is, there is a Mr Muscle Brand out there...)
I sent the text to my firends wife from Okinawa ... she responded with "wtf? i'm going to have to looki t up >.<" ...
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 00:38   Link #384
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

This will be my last post on AS. I'll be leaving this as my final gift to the readers. This will be the crack pairing of Baka Test. (This is the most complete page of illustrations I can present to you.)

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1900230454
Old 2012-10-13, 01:53   Link #385
longshot

Quote:
This will be my last post on AS. I'll be leaving this as my final gift to the readers. This will be the crack pairing of Baka Test. (This is the most complete page of illustrations I can present to you.)

*bows* farewell
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 08:41   Link #386
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:

IRL getting hectic, Ping? T_T

07 farewell.

also, I guess they read about NTR and girlfriend swapping, although the other one is I believe the NTR-WINcest combo.
Old 2012-10-22, 07:12   Link #387
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:

RIP!
Old 2012-10-24, 15:08   Link #388
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Really? Well, farewell u_u.

Oh, does Teh_Ping still inhabites Baka Tsuki???
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 23:41   Link #389
ZeKeR
Superbad

so ze illustrations for v10 are here... and my assessment:

>I was right. grown up versions of themselves. Yuuji, however... Shouko really did a number on the poor bastard.
>Hideyoshi... even the computer predicting your grown up self is just... laced with both win and lulz at the same time.
>that dakimakura... some hardcore BL fan must have sent it to the poor sod.
>Mizuki and Minami look like they're colleagues of Ms. Takahashi

as for the "girl swap" in the first area, I hold a lot of speculations:
-both read something that had the essence of NTR and girlfriend swapping
-to test the two if they have signs of two-timing
-the girls want to feel what its like switching guys
-god knows what in the world their minds are thinking.

and we'll know the history between mizuki and akihisa.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:56   Link #390
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well...I am back (after I said that I'll be leaving, though technically, I never put a time limit on when I'll be gone, or for good, so...XD)

First story: The kid in the image? That's Kubo's little brother, introduced in volume 6. He's trying to figure out why his brother turned gay. That 'thing' is the bolster cover Muttsurini sold to Kubo in volume 5. (talk about gags)

Second story: Akihisa and Yuuji found a black magic book belonging to Shouko (in volume 5). Hijinx ensue. Note that the original story was in 2 parts.

Third story: Futures. Of course, you can see (one little joke Akihisa of all people made is how Minami has 'grown') them introduce themselves. As for jobs, it's just wacky...for starters, Yuuko's an author. (What kind of author, I'll let you think of it)

Fourth one: The mystery behind the hairclip. Honestly, after this, you might think that Akihisa's one of the nicest guys in anime. (except against Yuuji)

Unfortunately, I won't be doing this volume, first because it's not in my timeline, and second because I'll die laughing just by translating 5 pages of it...
Old 2012-10-30, 12:17   Link #391
ZeKeR
Superbad

wait.... the guy beside that dakimakura is YOSHIMITSU?!

so Ping... I am curious at why Shouko and Akira now target their boy's proteges/best friend due to that book if I'm still correct.

I guess I was right about the whole "chibis turned into adult versions of themselves" but why in the world was Minami about to be stripped by Mizuki and Miharu and both girls wearing swimsuits?
Old 2012-10-30, 12:40   Link #392
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
wait.... the guy beside that dakimakura is YOSHIMITSU?!

so Ping... I am curious at why Shouko and Akira now target their boy's proteges/best friend due to that book if I'm still correct.

I guess I was right about the whole "chibis turned into adult versions of themselves" but why in the world was Minami about to be stripped by Mizuki and Miharu and both girls wearing swimsuits?
Yes.

That's because the boys used the black magic book. Yeah...it's a very crazy chapter even for Baka Test standards.

The Minami nearly being stripped? That's part 2 of Black magic, not the TYL chapter. Again, blame black magic...the swimsuits one is an imagination of Miharu and Aiko. Let's just say the author got 9 months worth of work frustration vented into this crack chapter. (In case you guys haven't been reading the author's notes, this baka test writing is only his part-time job)

Let's see, I'll see if I can finish 3 volumes within the next 3 weeks.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2012-10-30 at 12:57.
Old 2012-10-30, 19:47   Link #393
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Yes.

That's because the boys used the black magic book. Yeah...it's a very crazy chapter even for Baka Test standards.

The Minami nearly being stripped? That's part 2 of Black magic, not the TYL chapter. Again, blame black magic...the swimsuits one is an imagination of Miharu and Aiko. Let's just say the author got 9 months worth of work frustration vented into this crack chapter. (In case you guys haven't been reading the author's notes, this baka test writing is only his part-time job)

Let's see, I'll see if I can finish 3 volumes within the next 3 weeks.
... define crazy.

crazy as in the full of lulz one or crazy as in WTF, lulz and derp combined?

I thought this is his freakin job, but I was wrong.

so black magic turns the crew into affection swapping and the world of lilies realized? I dislike the thought of the former but the latter pleases me greatly.

also, Yuuji... why fret? big sis is beautiful, stacked and curvaceous, not to mention smart. her lil bro is your best friend so you should be set... if not for Shouko reverting back to uber-love you.
Old 2012-10-31, 10:02   Link #394
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Crazy as in...the latter.

Apparently, he's working for some MNC as his main job. (He even says the Toko-Natsu is based on some of his colleagues )

Official word. Vol 10 to be done by 7 Nov
Old 2012-10-31, 11:31   Link #395
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Crazy as in...the latter.

Apparently, he's working for some MNC as his main job. (He even says the Toko-Natsu is based on some of his colleagues )

Official word. Vol 10 to be done by 7 Nov
yay XD

I still lulz'd hard at Yuuji's future adult version would be like....
Old 2012-11-01, 04:31   Link #396
whitecloud

eh....future already? is baka test ending?....whos the final pairing?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 07:17   Link #397
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
eh....future already? is baka test ending?....whos the final pairing?
not ending. the short story in 10.5 contains lulz that involved their future...
Old 2012-11-01, 16:15   Link #398
godgiven25

damn, the last read made me realize that the academic intelligence is inversely proportional to common sense in this series.

@Teh_Ping
Didn't read any part in the Authors Notes indicating a part time or maybe i just miss it, but i do remember that I've have read about are pillow cases, noodle sauce, the definition of uke, the library incident and the bidet story. And this series is just a part-time job? That's just plain Wow

Last edited by godgiven25; 2012-11-01 at 16:30.
godgiven25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 00:11   Link #399
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by godgiven25 View Post
damn, the last read made me realize that the academic intelligence is inversely proportional to common sense in this series.

@Teh_Ping
Didn't read any part in the Authors Notes indicating a part time or maybe i just miss it, but i do remember that I've have read about are pillow cases, noodle sauce, the definition of uke, the library incident and the bidet story. And this series is just a part-time job? That's just plain Wow
Not to say it's indicated directly, but when you can mention about what you do at work, with all the office experience involving the sou-uke and stuff, I suppose it can be deduced that yeah, this is a part-time writing job for him. (This author notes is rather tame though.), and 10.5 is even tamer with the content (think Fami got complains of it or something )

3rd question is stupidly funny and funnily stupid, I must say. It really says a whole lot when KOGURE AOI (READ: GYMNASTICS! GYMNASTICS!) is the only one with decent common sense amongst the 3rd years. If anyone wants me to do a translator commentary (read, snarking) here, I'll gladly do so.
Old 2012-11-02, 02:53   Link #400
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Not to say it's indicated directly, but when you can mention about what you do at work, with all the office experience involving the sou-uke and stuff, I suppose it can be deduced that yeah, this is a part-time writing job for him. (This author notes is rather tame though.), and 10.5 is even tamer with the content (think Fami got complains of it or something )

3rd question is stupidly funny and funnily stupid, I must say. It really says a whole lot when KOGURE AOI (READ: GYMNASTICS! GYMNASTICS!) is the only one with decent common sense amongst the 3rd years. If anyone wants me to do a translator commentary (read, snarking) here, I'll gladly do so.
Aoi? DECENT? her being the straight man of the bunch like Hideyoshi (sorry, Yuuko, you also flip and Aiko isn't helping)?

Ping... that has got to be the most lulzy thing I have ever read/heard from someone that scared the living crap out of the people in that haunted house WITH A LEOTARD.

also, here's dreaming that Aoi will take an interest to Akihisa in an onee-san like way, dooming him to his nee-san's smiling brutality, minami's beatdown and himeji's not-so-subtle yandere.

DO IT FOR THE LULZ, PING. DO IT FOR THE LULZ THAT WILL LEAVE ASTHMA TRIGGERS ALL ROUND (yes, I am one of them albeit mild) AND LULZ LACED IN READING.

Tags
baka to test, harem, romantic comedy, school life, shoukanjuu, shounen