AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 04:56   Link #221
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

actually some trivia that the name Kamil is a man name in Arabic means "perfect"

here the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamil
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-08, 10:46   Link #222
Aqua Knight

I dunno what you didn't like about the graphics. I watched the MSG original movie trilogy of 1980 years and then watched Zeta that looked marvelous compared to MSG. Even though Zeta has like 50 episodes, I watched about 5 every day and nearly never got bored.
Old 2011-12-08, 13:38   Link #223
OrtadragoonX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
I dunno what you didn't like about the graphics. I watched the MSG original movie trilogy of 1980 years and then watched Zeta that looked marvelous compared to MSG. Even though Zeta has like 50 episodes, I watched about 5 every day and nearly never got bored.
I did the same thing. Watched about 5 episodes a day.

I will say that some of Zeta is unwatchable. Some episodes are pretty boring; like put me to sleep boring. But, for the most part, Zeta is my favorite Gundam series and one of the few anime series with so many episodes that I like.

I don't really like long anime series. I think OVAs and films are the best; if you can't tell a story in 10 episodes or so, you just end up with a lot of filler. If it's going to be a series, 26 is a good place to stop at.

"Damn you to hell... SPACE BELONGS TO THE SPACENOIDS!!!"
OrtadragoonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 06:49   Link #224
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Same for me except I watched the TV series of MSG if was very boring the first few episode were good, but then I just lost interest and I'm trying to force myself to watch episode 22. I seen better art from that year although I'm glad it was successful cause if it wasn't we all wouldn't be here would we?

Zeta on the other hand as soon as CR got the streaming rights to it I marathoned the last 25 episodes since I didn't have the last half of the DVD collection. Only a few episodes were boring, but for the most part it was fun to watch and it had me thinking who is going to die in the next battle?

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-23, 16:02   Link #225
AnimeFangirl

I don't dare read the rest of this thread because I'm only on episode 7, but I'm hoping someone can provide a non-spoiler answer:
Is it my imagination or did Kamille's Gundam Mk II change color from dark grey to mostly white between episodes 5 and 7? Is there any official explanation given for the color change?
Old 2019-10-23, 21:24   Link #226
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
I don't dare read the rest of this thread because I'm only on episode 7, but I'm hoping someone can provide a non-spoiler answer:
Is it my imagination or did Kamille's Gundam Mk II change color from dark grey to mostly white between episodes 5 and 7? Is there any official explanation given for the color change?
Gundam Mk-II's original dark-blue scheme is TITANS' color:

After Kamille stole it, the AEUG painted the Mk-II with their own color-scheme to differentiate it from the TITANS':

Old 2019-10-24, 05:40   Link #227
AnimeFangirl

Thanks a million. I must have missed that explanation, so I was just like "Huh? New suit?" when it showed up.
Old 2019-10-31, 04:14   Link #228
AnimeFangirl

Up to episode 13-ish. The world was a much simpler place before 9/11. Bright Noa can just show up and be put in charge of the whole fleet, nobody worries about any conflicting ideologies. A military can just take a civilian (Fa) on board and put her in charge of meals and let her enter the command room even though her parents have been held hostage by the bad guys, and absolutely no one sees anything dangerous about this. And it all works out because everyone was so much more trusting back then.
Old 2022-06-22, 10:28   Link #229
Alchemist007
*Author

Commentary from another thread, thought I'd continue here.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showpos...&postcount=124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Rose is more like Reccoa to Char. He treated her nicely enough but instead of sticking on the right path, she chose the selfish path and sided with the evil faction that gave her more comfort & convenience only to be...
Spoiler for Zeta Gundam character's fate:
Reccoa was just an asshat ultimately. Even though Emma was more righteous, she was kind of a dull character herself, whose favorite pastimes include slapping and lecturing Kamille and usually doing nothing in combat. As far as female characters go, the most interesting were probably Haman and to a lesser degree Fa. Haman knows what she wants and does what it takes. Fa is still finding her way in this warzone setting but isn't above at least trying to help.

Though I can't say the same for a lot of the rest of the cast, Char was ok but still kind of just...there. Jerid ended up being a one note character who was boring to watch. A shame Katz died like an klutz, almost like the whole reason was just to talk to Sarah again in magical space ghost world.
Kamille is my hands down favorite, despite the existence of literal newtype magic helping him in the end, he doesn't magically become a new personality at any point in regards to his autism, and in typical Gundam fashion, learns the brutalities of war firsthand.

10/10 character stuck in less fantastic story.

7/10 overall.
Old 2023-07-05, 08:09   Link #230
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I would say my favorite thing from the series was Kamille due to how he comes across despite having one of the worst fathers ever. It might be exaggerated that he does karate, engineer and newtype at the same time but I guess they really needed marketing

Gotta say that even after so many years I don't know how to acknowledge Quattro/Char. Is he supposed to be at his mature? He is calm as heck in almost all his scenes and then in Char's Counterattack feels like a different guy as if all character development was scrapped. They say Athrun repeats stuff in Destiny but the Axis thing is on a whole new level.

The romance also feels quite weak due to Four and Kamille falling in love a second after seeing. Same with Amuro and Beltorchika.

The chaotic ending was pretty epic after the One Year War but waiting for the entire Double Zeta to see Kamille's fate sure was disappointing. Maybe Scirocco needs more screentime to explain how is it that a Newtype can mindrape others
Old 2023-07-05, 10:47   Link #231
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Gotta say that even after so many years I don't know how to acknowledge Quattro/Char. Is he supposed to be at his mature? He is calm as heck in almost all his scenes and then in Char's Counterattack feels like a different guy as if all character development was scrapped. They say Athrun repeats stuff in Destiny but the Axis thing is on a whole new level.
Quattro was a phase where Casval/Char was soul-searching. He couldn't really decide what he wanted to do with his life after his revenge to the Zabi family was completed. During Zeta, he filled his time fighting the Titans which treated spacenoids like shit. But after people ignored his speech in Dakar, at that point, he lost his faith towards Earthnoids. He no longer believe that they will treat Earth properly or change their rotten ways with the Federation. I guess being defeated by Haman, losing Kamille and most of the AEUG members that he knew was the last straw for him.

Quote:
The romance also feels quite weak due to Four and Kamille falling in love a second after seeing. Same with Amuro and Beltorchika.
Ever since Amuro & Lalah in the OG Gundam, we all (should) know by now that romantic relationship between two Newtypes are not normal. Sometimes Newtype A knows whether or not s/he vibes with Newtype B just by exchanging thoughts in an instant. After that, it depends on how they behave & approach each other.

Quote:
The chaotic ending was pretty epic after the One Year War but waiting for the entire Double Zeta to see Kamille's fate sure was disappointing. Maybe Scirocco needs more screentime to explain how is it that a Newtype can mindrape others
It's been hinted that Scirocco may have charmed many people (especially females) with his Newtype powers. A "mindrape" is pretty much just an extension of what he can do at his most desperate.
Old 2023-07-05, 18:09   Link #232
Twi

Newtypes get wild in Zeta and Unicorn.

I felt bad for Katz though. I heard people called him a failed Gundam Protagonist and you can see he's basically a failed Amuro/early Hathaway. He killed the woman he liked and then got killed, though he at least managed to reach her post death.
Old 2023-07-05, 20:02   Link #233
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:

Gotta say that even after so many years I don't know how to acknowledge Quattro/Char. Is he supposed to be at his mature? He is calm as heck in almost all his scenes and then in Char's Counterattack feels like a different guy as if all character development was scrapped.
Yeah he went from saboteur, to a cool mentor, then space hitler. I guess they just wanted him to be a bad guy for the movie.