AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-03, 10:21   Link #2241
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
True enough Marianne was of commoner origins and worked her way up, but really she could only attain the title of Knight despite her talents, atleast until she married Charles. Still the other royals, excluding a few like Cornelia and Euphe treated her with contempt because of her commoner background, something that I don't sense when the limited interaction in that meeting. If he was hiding his lineage I'd expect a few of them at the very least to be unhappy he may be a commoner.
Perhaps we're looking at this wrong. Perhaps he did not hide his lineage, but instead lives under an alias with his family. It would likely be far easier to manage than simply hiding his entire name. So therein, his name is Bismark but he holds a familial alias to allow him to raise a family. Because, as I said, a man in his position can't really aford to have a directly associated family as its too large a weakness.

Quote:
Well, Kirihara knew Lelouch before and his shota face and current face if fairly similar. Jeremiah's case, if I recall correctly, he was assigned to Marianne's villa as his first posting and it was a black mark on his career that she was assassinated on his watch. It was in one of those picture books, I think the sentiment was along those lines though. But he mentioned Lelouch by name, although it is still not known if he knew Lelouch is the same Lelouch, son of Marianne. Maybe it could be brought up and that may win him over to his side. Especially if Lelouch had some concrete proof that Marianne's assassination was due to something geass related, or could be tied to that pompus annoying little... V.V. I really want someone to knock that kid off his high horse already...
Here's a hammer. Go hit the little prick in the head. We're verging far OT with this, so I'll just drop it as its not really relevant to this, too much anyway. We'll just say that to some degree it is possible to hide an identity but it is dependant on circumtances, connection, and whatnot. Things we hardly have enough privy too.

Quote:
He could have had Charles hide his identity after he became the Knight of One, but to hide his lineage himself when entering the military would be more detrimental to his career then anything. While it is possible to earn a Knight status through one's talents, but higher ranks also require a proper lineage. I'm just pointing out that in a society so focused on family status to determine one's position, it would raise a more then a few eyebrows if one was to actively hid it, even moreso if he wasn't a commoner but someone of already high standing. He would be better off just entering the service with out hiding his identity and just keep his family as far from him as possible.
As I said, what if he did not hide his identity but made up the alias Stadfelt for his family's sake. If he maintains a real name while in the military just about everyone of the aforementioned problems go away.

Quote:
Well that is true enough, although it is undeniable that those records did give her away to Millay so its not like they did a very good job of hiding her.
We don't know why that information was entered into the records, but no one but Milly and the higher ups in the school seem to know. It's baffling that her father would go so far out of his way for both his lover and his child only to have that information so easily revealed.

Quote:
Well he may not send Bismark there on his own initiative, but it is in his power to request a posting there as the Governor as the Knight of One. And during the year after the Black Rebellion there wasn't a royal managing the Area so Charles would have a hard time finding cause to deny him without raising suspicions anyways.
I doubt Bismark would suspect his Emperor if the man said: "I'd like to keep my personal staff on this area, you have more pressing matters to take care of with the EU." The point being that the emperor can make up many valid reasons.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 11:03   Link #2242
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Perhaps we're looking at this wrong. Perhaps he did not hide his lineage, but instead lives under an alias with his family. It would likely be far easier to manage than simply hiding his entire name. So therein, his name is Bismark but he holds a familial alias to allow him to raise a family. Because, as I said, a man in his position can't really aford to have a directly associated family as its too large a weakness.

As I said, what if he did not hide his identity but made up the alias Stadfelt for his family's sake. If he maintains a real name while in the military just about everyone of the aforementioned problems go away.

We don't know why that information was entered into the records, but no one but Milly and the higher ups in the school seem to know. It's baffling that her father would go so far out of his way for both his lover and his child only to have that information so easily revealed.

I doubt Bismark would suspect his Emperor if the man said: "I'd like to keep my personal staff on this area, you have more pressing matters to take care of with the EU." The point being that the emperor can make up many valid reasons.
It is possible, but Stadtfeld seems to be an established family lineage as well. Although I do agree that it would be easier to alter his family's name rather then his own, but I just don't see how he can basically create a well established family to hide his half Japanese daughter either. But again I'd have to agree that there is just nothing we know about the guy to make much of a case eitherway. Although I am not sure just how many people are willing to mess with the Knight of One even with using his family as leverage. I mean the same argument could be made for many officials of high rank, yet I doubt many of them are hiding their identity because of it.

Well Millay mentioned something about asking her old school for her academic records I believe. Still I agree that it is odd that such a huge loose end was not covered up, especially all the trouble he went through for her in the first place.

Well Schniezel was the one assigned to the EU front and took along Suzaku, and one of the EU commanders noted that "the rounds are finally making an appearance on the battlefield." which leads me to believe that Suzaku was the first Knight of Round to enter that theatre of battle in a while. Still, I see little reason the Emperor would refuse Bismark's request to be assigned there had he wanted to. The Area saw the death of four royals and a huge uprising, as well as being the home of the Order of the Black Knights. Having the Knight of One there would be a farther deterrent.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 00:06   Link #2243
Var
Banned

Quote:
It is possible, but Stadtfeld seems to be an established family lineage as well. Although I do agree that it would be easier to alter his family's name rather then his own, but I just don't see how he can basically create a well established family to hide his half Japanese daughter either. But again I'd have to agree that there is just nothing we know about the guy to make much of a case eitherway. Although I am not sure just how many people are willing to mess with the Knight of One even with using his family as leverage. I mean the same argument could be made for many officials of high rank, yet I doubt many of them are hiding their identity because of it.
I don't think it was ever really mentioned that the family was well established. All that I remember is that Rivalz told Lelouch that he had good taste in Kallen, the daughter of a wealthy Britannian family (amen, Rivalz... *slaps Lelouch*). Since it is in Area 11 it can't be that special of a family on the Britannian scale. Heck, he could have taken his psuedo-wife's name for the family. It's unorthodox but he maintains status on both ends in that manner.

As for maintaining his daughter secret, he's already jumped through hoops for her. I don't imagine it, if he loves her enough, that he'd not go out of his way to even make a fake country if he had too. I don't think we can question that whoever Kallen's father is, loves her very dearly. So I do not think that going above and beyond, and making up a fake existance is too out of the question.

The same can be said for others, but just because they don't do it, doesn't mean the KoO doesn't do it. But being a soldier, and a damn good one at that, I'd imagine he'd do his best to have no loose ends that could haunt him. I mean if he were Kallen's father, he'd know the pain of losing your love. If that were the case, I could see him being overly protective of what little is left of it, eg. Kallen. Though, of course, the moment she started making her own decisions it put her at odds with her father.

Quote:
Well Millay mentioned something about asking her old school for her academic records I believe. Still I agree that it is odd that such a huge loose end was not covered up, especially all the trouble he went through for her in the first place.

Well Schniezel was the one assigned to the EU front and took along Suzaku, and one of the EU commanders noted that "the rounds are finally making an appearance on the battlefield." which leads me to believe that Suzaku was the first Knight of Round to enter that theatre of battle in a while. Still, I see little reason the Emperor would refuse Bismark's request to be assigned there had he wanted to. The Area saw the death of four royals and a huge uprising, as well as being the home of the Order of the Black Knights. Having the Knight of One there would be a farther deterrent.
It is an odd loose end, perhaps it was revealed for reasons that we do not know, or likely was.

Do people even consider the KoO as a KoR? He's above and beyond them in both power (political and otherwise) and skill. He is more like a seperate entity. But, I agree, I do not think he was engaging in battle, as he himself seems to dislike war.

If Charles takes direct control of the area, which is basically what he did, he can very easily say no to Bismark.
Old 2008-07-04, 10:44   Link #2244
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I don't think it was ever really mentioned that the family was well established. All that I remember is that Rivalz told Lelouch that he had good taste in Kallen, the daughter of a wealthy Britannian family (amen, Rivalz... *slaps Lelouch*). Since it is in Area 11 it can't be that special of a family on the Britannian scale. Heck, he could have taken his psuedo-wife's name for the family. It's unorthodox but he maintains status on both ends in that manner.

As for maintaining his daughter secret, he's already jumped through hoops for her. I don't imagine it, if he loves her enough, that he'd not go out of his way to even make a fake country if he had too. I don't think we can question that whoever Kallen's father is, loves her very dearly. So I do not think that going above and beyond, and making up a fake existance is too out of the question.

The same can be said for others, but just because they don't do it, doesn't mean the KoO doesn't do it. But being a soldier, and a damn good one at that, I'd imagine he'd do his best to have no loose ends that could haunt him. I mean if he were Kallen's father, he'd know the pain of losing your love. If that were the case, I could see him being overly protective of what little is left of it, eg. Kallen. Though, of course, the moment she started making her own decisions it put her at odds with her father.

It is an odd loose end, perhaps it was revealed for reasons that we do not know, or likely was.

Do people even consider the KoO as a KoR? He's above and beyond them in both power (political and otherwise) and skill. He is more like a seperate entity. But, I agree, I do not think he was engaging in battle, as he himself seems to dislike war.

If Charles takes direct control of the area, which is basically what he did, he can very easily say no to Bismark.
I always found it odd that Stadtfeld family is in Area 11 rather then the mainland, I just attributed to the reasons we agreed on why Kallen's father left her in Area 11. He probably thought it would be better for her with her step mother as a chaperon rather then have her by himself. Ofcourse putting his legitimate wife, lovechild and ex lover under the same roof just seems stupid on his part.

Still, I don't see the sudden appearance of a wealthy family out of thin air to be that common that there wouldn't be gossip about it, and Rivalz didn't mention that her family is new or whatever. I don't deny the possiblity but to me it just seems to be too much trouble that it is very unlikely. If he did take his wife's name to do so then it would conflict with her original family, having a wealthy family suddenly spring up in an Area bearing the same name to another possibly well off family would raise a few eyebrows. Also in keeping with how family background is so important to Britannian society, creating a fake lineage can't be easy.

Well I agree that Kallen's father must love her dearly to do all that for her, especially when he could have just left her in a getto and forget about her.

True enough, but if he was really so concerned about protecting her to the point of over protectiveness and is the reason for him creating a new family and identity when why leave her in an Area that has the most active terrorist activity in Britannia. Which all the trouble he went through, it would be safer if he just relocated the family along with the servants and Kallen's mother to a place in the Britannia mainland that are away from where Nobles congregate.

The Knight of One is considered the leader of the Knight of Rounds, so he is still part of the Knight of Rounds. He is just also considered the Emperor's Knight on top of it as well.

He didn't really take direct control over it, he just assigned his own intelligence division that reports directly to him to Area 11. They were unaffiliated with the governor and the administration of Area 11 didn't even know what they were there for.
Old 2008-07-04, 10:54   Link #2245
Var
Banned

Quote:
I always found it odd that Stadtfeld family is in Area 11 rather then the mainland, I just attributed to the reasons we agreed on why Kallen's father left her in Area 11. He probably thought it would be better for her with her step mother as a chaperon rather then have her by himself. Ofcourse putting his legitimate wife, lovechild and ex lover under the same roof just seems stupid on his part.
Love makes people do stupid things? Dunno what else to really say a the moment.

Quote:
Still, I don't see the sudden appearance of a wealthy family out of thin air to be that common that there wouldn't be gossip about it, and Rivalz didn't mention that her family is new or whatever. I don't deny the possiblity but to me it just seems to be too much trouble that it is very unlikely. If he did take his wife's name to do so then it would conflict with her original family, having a wealthy family suddenly spring up in an Area bearing the same name to another possibly well off family would raise a few eyebrows. Also in keeping with how family background is so important to Britannian society, creating a fake lineage can't be easy.

Well I agree that Kallen's father must love her dearly to do all that for her, especially when he could have just left her in a getto and forget about her.

True enough, but if he was really so concerned about protecting her to the point of over protectiveness and is the reason for him creating a new family and identity when why leave her in an Area that has the most active terrorist activity in Britannia. Which all the trouble he went through, it would be safer if he just relocated the family along with the servants and Kallen's mother to a place in the Britannia mainland that are away from where Nobles congregate.
I think we've reached the point of no more discussions. We're just talking in hypothetical circles with too little information. Let's hope for further developments this episode.

Quote:
The Knight of One is considered the leader of the Knight of Rounds, so he is still part of the Knight of Rounds. He is just also considered the Emperor's Knight on top of it as well.

He didn't really take direct control over it, he just assigned his own intelligence division that reports directly to him to Area 11. They were unaffiliated with the governor and the administration of Area 11 didn't even know what they were there for.
But, I'd imagine, that Bismark would be privy to the information of the Intelligence Division and would likely keep his distance from the area that the Emperor is dabing in.
Old 2008-07-04, 11:04   Link #2246
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
I think we've reached the point of no more discussions. We're just talking in hypothetical circles with too little information. Let's hope for further developments this episode.

But, I'd imagine, that Bismark would be privy to the information of the Intelligence Division and would likely keep his distance from the area that the Emperor is dabing in.
I agree, I don't really have anything to add at this point, and once again I blame those Ashford comedy scenes and episodes for this. They decided to shaft Kallen's character development in favour of advancing the plot and kept the Ashford stuff in? Maybe I am being bitter but that is just a load of bull.

Well we really don't know, they mentioned that they answer only to the Emperor, so maybe the Knight of One is also not privy to information either.
Old 2008-07-06, 04:49   Link #2247
crimmy88

No Kallen in the ED? O_O
crimmy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 04:51   Link #2248
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimmy88 View Post
No Kallen in the ED? O_O

Seems that way. Ah well, many characters didn't get any in th elast ED either.. <_<. Anyway, here's my take on Kallen from the OP:

On Kallen, there could be hints either way as I see it. Two-three times she's shown in the OotBK uniform and when she's seen in her flight suit, it is together with the OotBK. But OTOH, she's briefly shown together with Gino and Anya (though this could hint at the rivality with them or the like - or it could hint at that those three will all be switching sides) and the Guren is shown with Britannian upgrades and the Lancelot and Guren are (after the knightmares are shown together) shown together in the dark, sorta - though that might just hint at a future confrontation between the two or the like, but it could also be that it means that those will be the hardest obstacles for the OotBK to overcome, sorta. Hard to say what to make of it, really...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 04:54   Link #2249
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The Lancelot is a given. However, I don't think the Guren will be piloted by anyone else.
Old 2008-07-06, 04:57   Link #2250
Var
Banned

The progression in the OP is pretty simply to follow, at some point in time Kallen is fighting with or alongside Britannia, likely under Nunally, she is, during this time, portrayed unhappily and very much so like a damsel in distress. Once she returns to her OoBK uniform, she's happy and blowing Lelouch a kiss.

So... ya.
Old 2008-07-06, 04:58   Link #2251
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
The progression in the OP is pretty simply to follow, at some point in time Kallen is fighting with or alongside Britannia, likely under Nunally, she is, during this time, portrayed unhappily and very much so like a damsel in distress. Once she returns to her OoBK uniform, she's happy and blowing Lelouch a kiss.

So... ya.
Can we take it as she returned to Lulu, and brought Nunnally along?
Old 2008-07-06, 05:06   Link #2252
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Can we take it as she returned to Lulu, and brought Nunnally along?
Well I was mistaken about the last bit on the kiss, she's just overly happily saluting, but the progression makes me assume that she has returned to Lelouch.
Old 2008-07-06, 05:06   Link #2253
DarkLordOfkichiku

At another board, someone pointed out that Nunnally is shown in the ED with what looks liked a red KoR cape or the like. Since Kallen's trademark color is red, one wonders if she might not really join the Britannians - to become Nunnally's knight or the like (which wouldn't count as betraying Lelouch IMO - Nunnally is important to him after all)...
Edit: Here's the pic, credit goes to Karuma,
]
Old 2008-07-06, 05:07   Link #2254
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Well I was mistaken about the last bit on the kiss, she's just overly happily saluting, but the progression makes me assume that she has returned to Lelouch.
Kiss or salute, she looks as if she's going to be married, that kind of smile.
Old 2008-07-06, 05:15   Link #2255
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
kallen and suzaku fighting side by side could happen
if its to protect nanali then i could easily see them working together (both have a stake in her safty)
Old 2008-07-06, 05:15   Link #2256
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
At another board, someone pointed out that Nunnally is shown in the ED with what looks liked a red KoR cape or the like. Since Kallen's trademark color is red, one wonders if she might not really join the Britannians - to become Nunnally's knight or the like (which wouldn't count as betraying Lelouch IMO - Nunnally is important to him after all)...
Edit: Here's the pic, credit goes to Karuma,
Image is messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Kiss or salute, she looks as if she's going to be married, that kind of smile.
She does, doesn't she. This is going to be interesting.
Old 2008-07-06, 05:20   Link #2257
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness
kallen and suzaku fighting side by side could happen
if its to protect nanali then i could easily see them working together (both have a stake in her safty)
Yes, if it was to protect Nunnally, I can see a side-by-side fight happening (Maybe the EU will try to invade Japan during their attack on the CF and Kallen has to do it to protect Nunnally and her dream or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var
Image is messed up.
. Thugh it occurs to me that the cape looks kinda more pinkish than red and that's Anya's color AFAIR...
Old 2008-07-06, 05:23   Link #2258
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the picture of nanali doesnt just contain the red KOR cape
nanali also seems to be holding an empty birdcage in her hand
the birds are shown flying in the background giving the impression that nanali just set them free
could that also be a reference to kallen (a pilot in a cell.like a bird in a cage)
Old 2008-07-06, 05:24   Link #2259
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

We need a bigger pic.
Old 2008-07-06, 05:24   Link #2260
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
=3

my thoughts on Kallen not being in the ending, that could just mean that they aren't putting their attention to her for the moment being, endings sequences sometimes change without a change of music so maybe she will be placed in later on

I don't think she will fight allong side Suzaku since he is always busy with Zero but she will probably be at Nunnally's side, she wouldn't want Kallen to be killed thus a reason to get her to be a Knight.. but I don't think she'll be a Knight of Rounds because Nunnally cannot give out that status, Charles can only do that and I don't think he will.. or he brainwahses her but that would be cliché.. I wouldn't expect the writers to use that lame idea..

It would be nice to have some Gino / Kallen attention, he will keep on flirting and joking and she will probably want to rip his hairs out
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote