AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-29, 14:34   Link #141
TronDD
Team the box!

Ep 11 was awesome. Menori still rules. Best episode yet.

The thing that bothers me most about Sharla is that she rarely talks. Just "mm"s and "uh"s or whatever.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 14:43   Link #142
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

After watching episode 11, I just have to say this; Howard's mouth is like a sewer lid, everytime it opens, shit comes out. He needs to keep it shut, seriously. Ditto for Menori's Father. I need to think of new and sickening ways to kill Howard, because I just hate him so...let's see. Ah here's one: Tie Howard up like a pig to a stick, and roast him over fire, naked. Hmmm...that's good cookin'.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 15:06   Link #143
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Rather have someone quiet around than someone shrill and whiny like Howard. As far as he goes I would just make the guy go through the sempai/kouhai thing, make him learn how to do something useful. edit: Looks like he is gonna get his in #12.

edit: I suspected that Chako is a Kansai-ben speaker (like Osaka from Azumanga Daioh), but now I am sure of it. Chako's demeanor and speech are based on the stereotypical Osaka area person (even though they tend not to be pink, cat-shaped and made of chips and metal and things).

edit: As is true of many Madhouse productions the music for this show is quite good. I like the OP song and there are some nice bits in the BGM. "Sunny Side Hill" (the ED) is fabulous.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-01-29 at 17:54.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 16:08   Link #144
^danshi^
running bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
The thing that bothers me most about Sharla is that she rarely talks. Just "mm"s and "uh"s or whatever.
I'm glad she doesn't talk much, her voice is giving me creeps.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 16:21   Link #145
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

So, isn't it true that after a few months trapped with a small group of people, you begin to hate them all...?
Old 2004-01-29, 16:35   Link #146
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
. Ah here's one: Tie Howard up like a pig to a stick, and roast him over fire, naked. Hmmm...that's good cookin'.

I agree with all of that except one thing. I never ever want to see Howard naked Crap, I just got a picture in my head thank to you :P

-----

I almost had the urge to turn off the sound than listen to Menori's father. It makes we wonder if Menori was switched at birth and Howard was his son.... Menori is my second favorite character. I still like Luna more. Sharla well she hasn't grown on me yet and I find her voice a little annoying. Along with the fact she didn't want to kill the kangaroo so they could eat. In fact the only thing she is good for is coming up with names for things. She'll probably even name the house and island they are on later ^^;;

I don't think Luna is ever going to tell anybody about her little 'powers' Though she may tell Koaru down the line. Ohhh that would be a great story part. Look at me, I am already making coupling pairs
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 16:49   Link #147
sothis

Quote:
it's good she doesn't talk, as she sounds like a 45 year old man in a little girl's body

-_-

worst choice of voice actress EVAR!

and yes, howard needs to be gutted.

is this going to be 26? seems like it couldnt end in 2 eps.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 17:07   Link #148
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Edited to nothing.

Last edited by davFunereal; 2004-01-31 at 14:36.
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 04:09   Link #149
thegreatjason

Yeah, I agree about Sharla, she doesn't really have a great voice.

Then again I checked animeinfo and quite a few characters have rookie voice actors(including Luna), it was strange.

But in the end, THIS SERIES AND BELL KICK MUCH ASS!
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 01:22   Link #150
thegreatjason

WOOT! We-Suck released episode 12 a little while ago, can't wait to see Howard get chewed out or beat up by Bell, oughta be funny.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 03:23   Link #151
Paper

Okay, I have to say it, Episode 14 rocked. Up until now, this show's been kinda slow going with nothing too exciting. Not saying 14 is over the top, just saying it's finally interesting.

Minor Spoiler, description of Ep 14, for those interested:
Spoiler:
Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 03:44   Link #152
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Don't dload we sucks ep12 sub, apparently they're isn't any subtitles.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6309
Old 2004-01-31, 14:18   Link #153
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
Don't dload we sucks ep12 sub, apparently they're isn't any subtitles.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6309
Okay, you may download it again... just goes to show that We Suck can suck sometimes.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 14:35   Link #154
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
is this going to be 26? seems like it couldnt end in 2 eps.
The number of episodes has been public for a long time. It is a 52 episode series.

It's nice that episode twelve is fixed. Thanks, suck.
Old 2004-01-31, 15:04   Link #155
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

52 episodes??? Not to sound out of line, but are they going to be able to carry the story that long without it getting lame??
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 15:40   Link #156
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
52 episodes??? Not to sound out of line, but are they going to be able to carry the story that long without it getting lame??
Why cry gloom and doom already, no need to be prejudiced like that. This is a children's series after all, children have a pretty high tolerance for repetition. And at least it's not one of those things where they are gonna meet more people and slowly build up some kind of team.

So far I have no real complaints. This is just space opera after all, no real science in it. A lot of stuff is made up on the fly. The story is not moving any too quickly but the characters are coming through. And I haven't noticed any really heavy "template" stuff - the show is not like an RPG or something.

Anyway, how would anyone here know what the writers have in mind? There is plenty could be done with this story. They might never leave the planet, or maybe they go home and there's a story in being home after the whole adventure.

I don't think they gave Luna the big backstory and strange powers just for laughs, either. Luna's destiny seems to be the real story in a way, and they haven't gotten into that very much yet.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 17:07   Link #157
davFunereal
Village watchman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
The story team is doing a fine job. Why worry?

It might hold up. It has so far, and then some, and I haven't found it too slow or repetitive.
Old 2004-01-31, 20:13   Link #158
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

I think the script writters deserve some credits for this anime. It turns out to be very good and capture alot of audience attention.

OFF-TOPIC ...
can someone plz kill Howard !!!
"Kill the beast spills his blood, kill the beast spills his blood"
144M_HYPERION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 20:19   Link #159
sothis

Quote:
It is a 52 episode series.
damn, it'll be interesting to see if they can pull that off without, as others have said, becoming boring and drawn out. i mean, i can see FMA being 52 eps, since there are lots of story arcs and filler, etc. though unless some major things change, i couldn't see much they could do after the 26 point.
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 23:18   Link #160
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, I wasn't trying to be a killjoy. The series is good to date, but I've seen too many long run series stumble and fall flat on their face after a really good start. So yeah, I guess I'm kinda pesimistic in a way.

Well, since it's good so far, I'll leave it at that and hope for the best while enjoying what's there.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote