Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-09-02, 03:08   Link #1221
Snow White
★ Starlight Breaker ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Annie was feeling guilty that she said sorry to Marco's corpse. The mere fact she has his 3DMG cast suspicion if did die of some random Titan as nobody saw it.
No, she said sorry to Mina's corpse.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 03:31   Link #1222
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
Marco is an exception. He pretty much killed by a random titan, albeit died by an unknown cause according to Jean. Thus, Marco got nothing to do with Annie. Although Armin suspected that she took Marco's 3DMG doesn't mean she was the one who killed Marco. Many of us thought that she just took his gear.
No, it was really her. Annie was actually well aware of Marco's imminent death that's why she apologized to the corpse with remorse. Marco got crushed on a wall just like what happened to Petra. If a titan is going to devour him, he will also swallow his equipment. In order to blend in with the situation, Annie had to transform somewhere into a titan as she wouldn't be caught killing a comrade in her human form. Anyways, B and R were her accomplices and Marco was with them most of the time during the Trost arc.
Old 2013-09-02, 10:16   Link #1223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Funny how some people think that Annie should just die, while R&B can be forgiven, which the latter of two were actually an obvious mass murderers after when they were revealed as Armored Titan & Colossal Titan.
It was strongly implied Annie was the one who led the titans inside the wall using her ability to call them (I forgot if it was Armin or Erwin who surmised this), so she's just as responsible of mass murder as they are.

It's not hard to understand why Annie is resented more by the readers (not all of them, there are still plenty of Annie fans): she directly killed characters the readers had come to know and like. On the other hand, the victims of the fall of wall Maria are nothing more than a number to us. We never met any of them. The death of Petra and the others affected us far more. It's a very natural reaction.
Old 2013-09-02, 10:27   Link #1224
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was strongly implied Annie was the one who led the titans inside the wall using her ability to call them (I forgot if it was Armin or Erwin who surmised this), so she's just as responsible of mass murder as they are.
I have absolutely no idea where this came from...don't remember it at all.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 10:47   Link #1225
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I have absolutely no idea where this came from...don't remember it at all.
Its true why do you think they are having so much trouble getting home no Annie. Annie could freely roam around the titan forest in titan form with out getting attacked. Annie can control titans Reiner and Bert can't.
Old 2013-09-02, 11:01   Link #1226
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Or maybe the titans were attracted by Colossal Titan's intense heat signature?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 11:03   Link #1227
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Annie can control titans
What the actual heck? She can't do that, all she can do is call out to them. And so does Reiner.
Old 2013-09-02, 11:08   Link #1228
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What the actual heck? She can't do that, all she can do is call out to them. And so does Reiner.
People just assume that because thats all she does in the forest and the full extent of her ability has yet to be displayed. When she attacked the rear flank which was not displayed she called titans if she could not control titans those titans would have prioritized eating her. It is pretty easy to figure out she has passive control of titans.

Btw I forgive Annie just because she killed petra :3
Old 2013-09-02, 11:10   Link #1229
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
In order to fully control a titan, it need a certain unique titan which is a hive-mind that could communicate with mindless titans, using some kind of a brain-wave frequency to command them. Ape titan could possibly has it.

Annie, on the other hand, could only call them out, but can't control/command them like Ape titan.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 11:13   Link #1230
BoyTitan

Quote:
In order to fully control a titan, it need a certain unique titan which is a hive-mind that could communicate with mindless titans, using some kind of a brain-wave frequency to command them. Ape titan could possibly has it.

Annie, on the other hand, could only call them out, but can't control/command them like Ape titan.
I just said passive control. Which as we can see from the trouble our titan friends are having getting out the forest is way better than nothing.
Old 2013-09-02, 11:15   Link #1231
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Its true why do you think they are having so much trouble getting home no Annie. Annie could freely roam around the titan forest in titan form with out getting attacked. Annie can control titans Reiner and Bert can't.
Annie can attract Titans. So can Bert and Reiner as their little friend was eaten by Ymir.

Ymir was just another mindless Titan till she ate that guy who is a Titan shifter.

Titans also attacked Eren in his Titan form. So it could be instinct.

The implication is that if a mindless Titan eats a shifter killing in the process, not swallowing like Eren, then they themselves become shifters. Regaining their consciousness.

Bert and Reiner don't blame Ymir for their friend's death as they themselves have gone through it.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:02   Link #1232
BoyTitan

Quote:
Annie can attract Titans. So can Bert and Reiner as their little friend was eaten by Ymir.

Ymir was just another mindless Titan till she ate that guy who is a Titan shifter.

Titans also attacked Eren in his Titan form. So it could be instinct.

The implication is that if a mindless Titan eats a shifter killing in the process, not swallowing like Eren, then they themselves become shifters. Regaining their consciousness.

Bert and Reiner don't blame Ymir for their friend's death as they themselves have gone through it.
Again Annie can go threw the forest with out getting attacked reiner and bert can't you keep seem to be missing this key detail.
Old 2013-09-02, 12:23   Link #1233
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

You're talking about your assumptions as if they were absolute truths and facts rather than being speculations...which they are.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:46   Link #1234
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardtengcy View Post
Just a question: Do you think you can forgive Annie/Bertholt/Reiner for all the harm they have cause to humanity and the scouting legion even if we understand that they were forced into it?
Based on their statements so far, they were clearly sent on a mission by someone else, so maybe. If they were necessary for the job, I'd have a harder time forgiving them than if they were merely sufficient. If they were the only ones who could do it, I think they have a greater degree of moral culpability than if Wall Maria could have been broken by a different team. In the first case, they could have stopped it, but in the latter, it was out of their power because the people who sent them would just have sent another group if they'd refused.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 12:55   Link #1235
Destined_Fate

Why is this being discussed when it's obvious?

You aren't made to care all that much for all those R&B had slaughtered. While with those that Annie killed you were made to care about and grow an attachment to. So of course people will hate Annie more because they were actually given a reason to care for those that died. This is compared to those that died by R&B with the only one you actually care for is Eren's mother who got barely any screen time anyway.

Also, it's understandable that people that are fans of Petra and Levi would hate Annie. Especially after Levi's silent reaction when he found Petra and how much longer he spent looking at her over the others implying he had a special place for her that he didn't have for the others.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 13:09   Link #1236
darklegends8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Why is this being discussed when it's obvious?

You aren't made to care all that much for all those R&B had slaughtered. While with those that Annie killed you were made to care about and grow an attachment to. So of course people will hate Annie more because they were actually given a reason to care for those that died. This is compared to those that died by R&B with the only one you actually care for is Eren's mother who got barely any screen time anyway.

Also, it's understandable that people that are fans of Petra and Levi would hate Annie. Especially after Levi's silent reaction when he found Petra and how much longer he spent looking at her over the others implying he had a special place for her that he didn't have for the others.
I know you probably didn't intentionally do this, but just in general I wish people would stop grouping Petra and Levi into one, and by that I mean assume that people who like Petra like Levi also, because I like Petra and think Levi is overrated, and I hate annie for killing Petra.
Old 2013-09-02, 13:26   Link #1237
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Again Annie can go threw the forest with out getting attacked reiner and bert can't you keep seem to be missing this key detail.
One she was running, Two the Titans particularly the aberrant ones were bumping in the Scouting Legion formation even if they were avoiding them.

Annie can't control Titans she can only attract then towards her. As Titans want to eat her.

Obviously you've just watched the anime and didn't read the manga.
Old 2013-09-02, 13:28   Link #1238
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I know you probably didn't intentionally do this, but just in general I wish people would stop grouping Petra and Levi into one, and by that I mean assume that people who like Petra like Levi also, because I like Petra and think Levi is overrated, and I hate annie for killing Petra.
Not intentionally, it's just that most Levi and Petra fans seem to like the other as well. Something about shipping but the anime and manga kinda kept that on the down low as far as I can tell.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 14:09   Link #1239
BoyTitan

Quote:
One she was running, Two the Titans particularly the aberrant ones were bumping in the Scouting Legion formation even if they were avoiding them.

Annie can't control Titans she can only attract then towards her. As Titans want to eat her.

Obviously you've just watched the anime and didn't read the manga.
Again she bought a bunch of titans to attack the rear flank. Burt and Reiner would not dare go into the forest in titan form while Annie has no problem doing it. She called the titans to eat her so she could escape.

Also agreed not all levi fans are petra fans and vice versa.

I love levi but I give 0 cares about petra just some random character moe blob lovers like because she was a girl. Actually I hate most of her squad and her for the stupidity they pulled off with Eren. Don't attack with us Eren just run and trust us.

People who hate levi clearly can't see how good a thinker he is and how he keeps a clear head in the battle field.
Old 2013-09-02, 14:22   Link #1240
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Again she bought a bunch of titans to attack the rear flank. Burt and Reiner would not dare go into the forest in titan form while Annie has no problem doing it. She called the titans to eat her so she could escape.
She called them but that does not mean she can control them as you assert.

Did you even read the latest chapters? Mindless Titans want to eat shifters whether as Titans or as tiny humans.

It makes sense now why Eren was attacked in his first transformation. And why the Titans were after him as he was carrying the boulder sealing Wall Rose.

The Titans were following Annie on the chance they can eat her. But being dumb they can get distracted with humans around.