AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 276 51.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 145 27.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 76 14.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 3.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 0.75%
Voters: 535. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-13, 12:50   Link #41
Anime Overload

10 out of 10. Manga and Anime. Reasons are... the adaptation from manga to anime was superb, although some things were missed out, but it made up for it. Also because it's my favourite anime of all time now that I've seen all of it O_O It was just amazing... I feel unhappy now... I've been watching this anime since my friend adviced me to, and I've been watching it closely... and now... it's all over. -Sigh-
Old 2007-07-18, 20:00   Link #42
Echoes

I gave it a 10, because I really think Death Note deserves it.
The concept is original and well thought-out, the characters are unique and brilliantly designed and the script is genius.
Old 2007-07-20, 08:33   Link #43
Kazidoom

7/10 for me. The first episodes 1-11 are incredible and get 10/10 from me but the rest wasn't nearly as good. So much potential, perhaps too much. The author couldn't live up to what he had created.
Old 2007-07-26, 17:32   Link #44
mirage223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazidoom View Post
7/10 for me. The first episodes 1-11 are incredible and get 10/10 from me but the rest wasn't nearly as good. So much potential, perhaps too much. The author couldn't live up to what he had created.
Agreed 100%. I couldn't believe how amazing DN started out. Then I got into the mid-teen episodes and it has been going down hill with every one.

6/10 overall.
Old 2007-08-05, 20:31   Link #45
lamperouge7

The best seller manga into and super/incredible/fantastic anime:
With the greatest/most interesting history, the best animation quality i´ve seen in a anime of his duration (or 26).
Music that suits perfectly.
Characters: L and Light, I have to say more?
The first arc was better obviosly, but the second was incredible too, no too god in comparition with himself only.

Death Note is one of the greatest anime ever made.

10/10.
Old 2007-08-05, 22:58   Link #46
Kalimah
Fallen Idol

death note is one of the best anime series i have ever seen...
it draws you in and wont let go, the characters are superbly written and performed, the animation is beautiful...there's nothing more i can really say
Old 2007-08-06, 11:13   Link #47
ElecNinja

8/10 for me. Mostly because I disliked how Light-o ended up. He seemed smart enough to not become overconfident with his abilities and fail in the end.
=/
Old 2007-08-06, 17:38   Link #48
Echoes

Megalomania can eat away at even the most brilliant mind.
Old 2007-08-07, 01:19   Link #49
Deathwing
what do i know

8/10
I hated near (L wannabe)
i felt cheated on how L died
Light died like a wuss

absolutely loved the L arc but after that it kinda lost its edge no longer a battle of the wits between 2 well matched rivals who moves made you sit on edge to see what would happen next, but a dumbed down version of Light vs. everybody with an L wannabe leading the charge. It felt like everything after the L arc was created just to make the series longer and wasn't anywhere near as thought out.
Old 2007-08-07, 16:47   Link #50
Echoes

If you didn't like how Light died in the anime, I strongly recommend you stay away from the manga, he's reduced to rubble there. Near was a horrible replacement for L, he lacked all the characteristics that made L like-able.
Old 2007-08-07, 20:26   Link #51
ElecNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Megalomania can eat away at even the most brilliant mind.
Yeah, but still. I thought he would be smart enough to keep himself at check. But I guess he was just too proud.

=/

"ElecNinja is on a distinguished road"

XD

I find that hilarious.

Last edited by ElecNinja; 2007-08-07 at 20:27. Reason: Lols
Old 2007-08-08, 00:32   Link #52
Zwind3

10/10.

The best anime of the last year's , has episodes or moments that I never forget--> Shin sekai no kami to naru, I'm L :O, L death, Mikami's sakuyo episode 36 --> E P I C

Last edited by Zwind3; 2007-08-08 at 01:13.
Old 2007-08-11, 18:11   Link #53
MyrdiNN

Just watched the last episode (I'm late I know) and feel like I do have to express my feelings about it...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-11, 21:15   Link #54
Echoes

A lot of people feel that the show took a turn for the worse after the L-arc came to a conclusion. Though I still think they kept it fresh and interesting, I can understand why some dislike the last 12 episodes. The boys did not "pop out of nowhere", however. They were taken a from an orphanage owned by Watari, which sole purpose was to take care of gifted children, and determine who'd be worthy of carrying on the role as L.

Light stuck with the same people because anything else would have been suspicious and not very beneficial. Had he suddenly left the investigation, or worse yet, killed everyone, like you suggested, the fact that he was Kira would have been obvious. Hiding out anywhere would have been incredibly hard, as he would have been wanted across the globe, and they'd of course keep a track of his flight record.

I suppose he could have pushed for more support from the president, but I don't even know if he'd agree to shoot his own innocent citizens.

Mikami didn't stab himself because it didn't occur to him. It might not even have been a strategic thing in the first place, seems to me it was more out of desperation and despair than anything.

They might have off'ed Light because of the whole moral issue, but it might just as well have been a legitimate part of the plot, I wasn't that happy with the outcome, since L was already dead, I didn't really care much for Near or his associates. You might even say I hated them.

Now... Why would there be a nuclear war because Kira died? It's not like there were many countries blatantly supporting Kira in his quest. The only reason he had the States behind him was because the president feared for his life, if anything, he'd be happy that Kira died. I can't imagine any country with a religious government supporting Kira, since he disregards all and any religion, claiming to be the founder of his own. I highly doubt any country capable of producing nukes would be on his side, much less try to avenge his death.
Old 2007-08-12, 08:08   Link #55
MyrdiNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Now... Why would there be a nuclear war because Kira died? It's not like there were many countries blatantly supporting Kira in his quest. The only reason he had the States behind him was because the president feared for his life, if anything, he'd be happy that Kira died. I can't imagine any country with a religious government supporting Kira, since he disregards all and any religion, claiming to be the founder of his own. I highly doubt any country capable of producing nukes would be on his side, much less try to avenge his death.
Well, the main fact I ranted about (nuclear) war is because there is said on multiple occasions that Kira "stopped wars" and I found it strange that noone in the series really seemed to care about this. I had hoped for the series to take a more philosophical/political turn in judging Kira's way of working. Is it bad to kill people who might kill a 1000 other people? How do other large nations react to Kira? How is the world stability effected? The economy? ect ect.

It pissed me off that this Near boy (who couldn't stop playing with dolls for gods sake) just wanted to "prove he's the best detective evah!" and have wars start again as side-effect. It would've been kinda cool if Kira actually went on with making the "perfect world" and developed his character/system of judgement throughout latter seasons or something.
Old 2007-08-12, 09:55   Link #56
Echoes

It would have indeed been interesting to see how Light would have carried out his plan for a utopia, his heaven on earth. It'd be fun to see if he would have been completely consumed by his grandiose desires, or if he'd stay true to his ideals. From what we saw in the series, we can at the very least conclude that freedom of speech would have been limited in a very real sense.
Old 2007-08-14, 02:23   Link #57
Snait3
Antagonist

Death Note is the best anime i've seen, I gave it a 10.
Old 2007-08-18, 16:09   Link #58
Outlawz

Entire second half sucked, 5/10.
Old 2007-08-23, 07:25   Link #59
EXEs
Hallelujah...

9/10
Know what I really liked? Light's brilliant thinking. Death Note's mangaka must've had a pretty hard time thinking out how Light's plans are going to work out. Especially the temporarily giving up the Death Note. With so many unknown factors, Light still managed to pull it off so well. Fuckin' genius.

It was 10/10 throughout the whole series for me, till the last 2 episodes. All of Light's previous plans worked out so well, then it has been usurped by some doll playing kid, namely Near. Sorry, I hate Near, and I hated how Light was humiliated so badly in the end, when he had made harder plans than this, and turned out fine, but with the ending and all his planning, pcchhh.
Old 2007-09-01, 02:12   Link #60
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
It was really good, 8/10 for me although I hated Light.

I wish L had gotten him but Light getting owned at the end was sweet =D
Closed Thread