AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-10-25, 12:58   Link #861
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I got Sayaka because the blue looks cool.

Spoiler for Nagisaaaa:

One more movie and I get Quintuplet.

Last edited by bhl88; 2013-10-28 at 16:12.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 04:34   Link #862
Haruhara

My got this as a present when I saw the new movie

Haruhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 05:15   Link #863
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruhara View Post
My got this as a present when I saw the new movie

Oh hey, the exact same one that I got. I also bought this special popcorn set that came with this pendant-thingy, which also featured Madoka. Oh, and I saw this toy-dispenser thing with Soul Gem replicas which I decided to have a go at, and got Madoka's Soul Gem. Furthermore this one time a while back I saw this box containing an unspecified figurine of one of the five lead characters... I got Madoka there too.

How is it that every single time I get some piece of Madoka merchandise where there are several possible options and you don't know which you'd end up with before opening it... I always get Madoka? c'mon completely random chance, can't you give me something of Sayaka or Kyouko for once? For those images they were giving away with the movie (pictured in the quoted post) I really wanted the KyoSaya one...
Old 2013-10-29, 05:41   Link #864
Haruhara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Oh hey, the exact same one that I got. I also bought this special popcorn set that came with this pendant-thingy, which also featured Madoka. Oh, and I saw this toy-dispenser thing with Soul Gem replicas which I decided to have a go at, and got Madoka's Soul Gem. Furthermore this one time a while back I saw this box containing an unspecified figurine of one of the five lead characters... I got Madoka there too.

How is it that every single time I get some piece of Madoka merchandise where there are several possible options and you don't know which you'd end up with before opening it... I always get Madoka? c'mon completely random chance, can't you give me something of Sayaka or Kyouko for once? For those images they were giving away with the movie (pictured in the quoted post) I really wanted the KyoSaya one...
I got Homura's tainted soul gem. Have you seen the ones that light up?
Haruhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 15:28   Link #865
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Wish I saw those.
Old 2013-12-04, 03:58   Link #866
RobotCat
In a Box

My loot from the US premiere:

Unfortunately the line was so long that I didn't have a chance to get in the merchandise line. I'll probably go to the Friday premiere to grab other loot and hopefully another signboard.
RobotCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 18:40   Link #867
Sayaka's sandbag

Hmm, I ordered the Rebellion Merchandise box set but I've been told that it can't be shipped to Australia so I've asked Rightstuff about whether they can change the order to the 3 hybrid Limited Editions of the 12 eps... And they would appear to not be able to send them... Does anyone know anywhere else to buy them from?
Old 2013-12-16, 20:52   Link #868
Homucifer
Banned

I bought a Godoka nude body pillow I will post when it comes here I can't wait I have 4 posters including the one I bought at the premiere
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 21:44   Link #869
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homucifer View Post
I bought a Godoka nude body pillow I will post when it comes here I can't wait I have 4 posters including the one I bought at the premiere
Well, you might want to *ahem* censor that a bit, since I think full nudity is against the rules of this forum

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 22:02   Link #870
Homucifer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
Well, you might want to *ahem* censor that a bit, since I think full nudity is against the rules of this forum
Yeah I know, that is what I do when I show off my 4 monitor set up, gotta censor them tities.
Homucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 19:35   Link #871
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
This year for Christmas, I received a very nice little surprise.

Now, to preface this, my family knows I like anime, but that's almost all they know. I'm much more open about my pro hockey fandom (partly since my dad is also a big hockey fan). If you were to ask my parents or my sisters what my five favorite anime shows are, they might remember "...Nanoha?" but that's it.

Yet, in spite of this, my sisters bought me the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game for Christmas, along with a neat little throw-in. Along with Superman and Batman came a nice little card...

(Note: Man in the background is my dad. The hand is mine)

While I personally don't live anywhere near a major movie theater, one of my sisters does. And she's a Manager at one. So I guess that explains how she managed to get this card, lol.

Anyway, if anybody can translate the text on this card, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 2013-12-25, 19:54   Link #872
GDB

Nice, congrats. And them knowing the word "Nanoha" is pretty good. Pretty sure the best my family could name is Dragonball Z, and describe vague scenarios/plots from others (ex: the one with the time traveling phone).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-25, 21:29   Link #873
Monoriu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Anyway, if anybody can translate the text on this card, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I am sure somebody else can do a better job than me, as I can only read the kanji, mostly. But here it goes -

The card contains the signatures and well-wishes of Shinbo (top left), Gen Urobuchi (bottom left), and character designer Ume Aoki (bottom right).

Shinbo:

The two words in brackets at the top are read from left to right, they mean "new chapter". The five characters below are also read from left to right - "rebellion story".

The rest of the words in the Shinbo group should be read from top to bottom. The four kanji (top to bottom) to the left hand side is Shinbo's signature. The other characters to the right of Shinbo's signature mean thanks for coming and watching the film.

Gen Urobuchi:

Everything is from left to right. The 3 big kanji words are his siguature. Don't know what the line below means.

Aoki:

Everything in this group is read from left to right. The big black characters below 2013 are her signature. The lone big kanji in red means well wishes. The line immediately below the red kanji means "Madoka * Magica". The black line below that one means (new chapter) film opening *heart heart*. The line further below in red means thank you.
Monoriu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 00:48   Link #874
Animexcel

Quote:
This year for Christmas, I received a very nice little surprise.

Now, to preface this, my family knows I like anime, but that's almost all they know. I'm much more open about my pro hockey fandom (partly since my dad is also a big hockey fan). If you were to ask my parents or my sisters what my five favorite anime shows are, they might remember "...Nanoha?" but that's it.

Yet, in spite of this, my sisters bought me the Injustice: Gods Among Us video game for Christmas, along with a neat little throw-in. Along with Superman and Batman came a nice little card...

(Note: Man in the background is my dad. The hand is mine)

While I personally don't live anywhere near a major movie theater, one of my sisters does. And she's a Manager at one. So I guess that explains how she managed to get this card, lol.

Nice, Triple R! I got the same one. Actually, I originally got the one with Sayaka and Kyouko, but I traded it to get Homura, haha. I'm not really open with my family about anime either.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 03:54   Link #875
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Nice, Triple R! I got the same one. Actually, I originally got the one with Sayaka and Kyouko, but I traded it to get Homura, haha. I'm not really open with my family about anime either.
So Sayaka/Kyouko cards exist? There was some debate about that at the Vancouver screenings, I had a friend who was trying to get one to complete his collection.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 11:18   Link #876
Animexcel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
So Sayaka/Kyouko cards exist? There was some debate about that at the Vancouver screenings, I had a friend who was trying to get one to complete his collection.
Yeah, they're both in one art board. Many people were trading before the movie started, haha. People are selling them on ebay too.
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 11:34   Link #877
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
It's the one I got (well, after trading a Mami for it), so I can confirm they exist.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 13:09   Link #878
Sayaka Rei

Quote:
Here they are !!
Sayaka Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-26, 20:12   Link #879
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@GDB and Animexcel - Thanks!

@Monoriu - Thanks a lot for translating that. I'm very glad to hear that some of this text are autographs, as I had been hoping!

@Sayaka Rei - Thanks a lot for showing those five! Very nice, and exceptionally moe artwork on the part of whoever drew these.
Old 2013-12-26, 20:58   Link #880
Monoriu

Quote:
@GDB and Animexcel - Thanks!

@Monoriu - Thanks a lot for translating that. I'm very glad to hear that some of this text are autographs, as I had been hoping!

@Sayaka Rei - Thanks a lot for showing those five! Very nice, and exceptionally moe artwork on the part of whoever drew these.
I am just guessing, but didn't Ume Aoki draw them? She is original character designer afterall.

Not sure if you notice it, but both Shinbo and Aoki's autographs are exceptionally clear and quite stylish. This probably reflects their backgrounds as animator and manga artist. Meanwhile, Gen Urobuchi's autograph is barely legible and not even very tidy. If those 3 kanji are taken out of context, there is no way I can figure out what those represent.

Speaking of autographs, I'm a little disappointed that they didn't put the autographs of the voice actresses there.

Last edited by Monoriu; 2013-12-26 at 21:08.
Monoriu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madoka magica