AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-03, 19:22   Link #1
Somnus
Eh?

Orange Marmalade

Taken from Baka-Updates:

Quote:
What happens to a female vampire trying to live a normal school life when she meets the most popular boy in school and nips his neck?
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Supernatural

Spoiler for Preview Pic:

I came across this one while randomly forum-surfing, and I became instantly hooked! It's full color, and the artwork is nothing short of fantastic.

The pacing is slow, but the good kind. Love the characters and the comedy too (it's subtle comedy...most of the time). Here's hoping more people get into it too!

Oh right, don't let the whole vampire thing get to you too much. It's more of the "As human as possible" kind.
Old 2011-07-03, 20:09   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I've been reading this and is pretty good, better than I thought it would be since these webcomics tend to be just ok on the whole.

Between this and Welcome to the Convenience Store, good fun reading

EDIT: Actually want to point out that the male lead is awesome, like really awesome!

Last edited by Bonta Kun; 2011-07-03 at 21:36.
Old 2011-07-04, 03:23   Link #3
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's not bad, but I prefer Green boy and maybe My Heart is Beating over this...

It's definitely going to give Pastel a run for it's money in terms of painfully slow progress...
Old 2011-07-04, 03:26   Link #4
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Good manga...i read this..., i really like the story...human falls in love with a vampire...

I like the style of the author, in drawing the characters...

Yes, i also like more Green boy..,I created the thread...too bad it's a little slow in being translated ....

My Heart is beating is stop?
Old 2011-07-04, 15:29   Link #5
Dorsai

I personally think Melo-holic is a little better, but still like both series...
Old 2011-07-04, 23:55   Link #6
OpenDoors

Thanks for posting, this manga me like!!
Old 2011-07-11, 14:42   Link #7
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

And so the girl learns of the power of friendship, and the boy...the allure of stalking!

All's well that ends well.
Old 2011-09-21, 01:44   Link #8
Mentar
Banned

Uwaaah... the last chapter feels like walking on broken glass. All gradual progress gone in a huge bridge burning operation.

I think I have a hunch how this is going to continue, though. The girls will talk with our stalker (or vice versa), and he will hear that Ma Ri clammed up after Vampire talk - and remember that in the very beginning she bit him in the neck.
Old 2011-09-21, 02:14   Link #9
Chandalen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Uwaaah... the last chapter feels like walking on broken glass. All gradual progress gone in a huge bridge burning operation.

I think I have a hunch how this is going to continue, though. The girls will talk with our stalker (or vice versa), and he will hear that Ma Ri clammed up after Vampire talk - and remember that in the very beginning she bit him in the neck.
quite probable.

This is dragging out a bit, hopefully it comes to a head sooner rather than later. Then dealing with the fallout should be interesting.
Old 2011-09-21, 02:52   Link #10
Johnny
Working the bags...

I hope she doesn't run into that one vampire that did the interview. I don't see her wanting to associate with him since he's probably well known and that would ruin her anonymity as a vampire. However, with all this vampire hate from her ex-friends who knows what will happen if they see each other discreetly. Of course hidden from everyone, but Jae Min unless he follows through with not wanting anything to do with her comment. Ah Ra will be a happy camper when she gets wind of this...

Then again Mentar might have something with Jae Min putting two and two together after talking with her ex-friends...
Old 2011-09-21, 19:14   Link #11
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Heartwrenching, innit.

While I love this development, in an it hurts but it works kind of way, I would indeed be quite displeased if the other vampire gets involved at this point. It will be far too...convenient.

I'd rather see Jae Min pull a stunt to save the princess from her despair so I could go kyaa~ and all that.
Old 2011-10-04, 19:33   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
How long will it be before the bird can fly again? Seeing it struggle so hard is painful to watch
Old 2011-10-08, 22:29   Link #13
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The bird just broke her wing. Oww...

Or maybe it's just her leftover lunch. *trollface*
Old 2011-10-09, 04:17   Link #14
Mentar
Banned

Well, the story won't end with her death here, and Vampires have miraculous recovery abilities, so it's not going to be a big deal. I'm rather more curious if it will give at least someone around her the idea that she might be a Vampire.
Old 2011-10-09, 11:41   Link #15
Tenza-Zangetsu

im thinking that she saved her and from the recovery rate of her wounds that she finds out she is a vampire
Old 2011-10-24, 01:53   Link #16
Mentar
Banned

Now that the story is fully moving, I have to admit that I felt a bit sorry for our prettyboy. Ma Ri in this state is really hard to deal with *lol*

So what's going to happen next? Is he going to

- take her to the hospital against her will

- take her to her home (IMHO unlikely since he probably doesn't know where that is)

- take her to HIS home

I think it's unlikely that he'll leave her lying there
Old 2011-10-24, 20:46   Link #17
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Awww, Ma Ri was SOOO cute ! How can you NOT like this girl? I would think taking her to his home would be the appropriate option, but perhaps his mom or Ma Ri's aunt might catch him before he gets anywhere(yes, I mean "that" anywhere ).
Old 2011-11-01, 21:53   Link #18
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Jae Min finally broke down Mari's ice shield. Kyaa~ XD
Old 2011-11-01, 23:03   Link #19
Chandalen

Now he just has to convince the family he isn't lunch.
Old 2011-11-04, 01:42   Link #20
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Really love this series. Loving the chemistry between Jae Min and Ma Ri, they're so kawaii

Poor Ma Ri and the persecution she's suffered, I hope that Jae Min will accept her vampire side when it gets revealed so that the barriers of race can finally join hands in peace, of course he'll be a snack, but oh well !!