AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Nisemonogatari - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 59 42.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 27.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 13.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-16, 22:48   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Nisemonogatari - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll [FINALE]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Nisemonogatari, Episode 11 (Finale).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Note: A Final Series Impression thread will be created in a few days, so please restrict your conversation in this thread mostly to the episode itself.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 10:32   Link #2
Miraluka
Banned

"A phoenix is fine too." by Araragi Koyomi before kissing Tsukihi.

"If isn't your sister, no problem there." by Araragi Koyomi after kissing Tsukihi.

- Karen's dat ass + Shinobu's teen version made more of WIN this episode.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:13   Link #3
pampz21
ShipCore

Damn~ It was too fast!!!
Didn't see Araragi go vampire mode!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:22   Link #4
Johnny
Working the bags...

Always seen people say Araragi was such a badass, but I just don't see it. He makes a damn good punching bag I'll give him that, and can give pretty good Touma speeches. Anyways I'd rather have watched Shinobu's fight over that one-sided beat down. The sudden girlfriend bombshell part at the end was funny...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:23   Link #5
DorkingtonPugsly

Episode went by in a flash. I liked it though, it had action and good dialoge. But what was with the to be continued at the end? It can't be for Kizu right? Since Kizu is a prequel, it wouldn't make sense... Shinobu 18 years old was the highlight though!
Old 2012-03-17, 12:51   Link #6
Evil_Sephiroth

Send a message via MSN to Evil_Sephiroth
I have to give an 8 to Nisemonogatari Final.

Not at Bake level for me, but good enough^^
Old 2012-03-17, 12:52   Link #7
whoahyuu

Loved it so much ♥
Old 2012-03-17, 12:55   Link #8
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
Episode went by in a flash. I liked it though, it had action and good dialoge. But what was with the to be continued at the end? It can't be for Kizu right? Since Kizu is a prequel, it wouldn't make sense... Shinobu 18 years old was the highlight though!
Nekomonogatari
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:56   Link #9
leorodri100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Always seen people say Araragi was such a badass, but I just don't see it. He makes a damn good punching bag I'll give him that, and can give pretty good Touma speeches. Anyways I'd rather have watched Shinobu's fight over that one-sided beat down. The sudden girlfriend bombshell part at the end was funny...
just wait for kizu...the fights there can't be censored is a movie after all...wich is why koyomi can go all out in his full form, kizu has lots lots of fights, true fights not o!

Nekomonogatari is the continuation.
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 12:59   Link #10
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Overall...that was a little disappointing to be honest...

Simply put, it felt like something I've seen a hundred times before. It was ridiculously predictable.

Frankly I like the pointless crap like the toothbrush scene, even better. Those were imaginative at least.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 13:30   Link #11
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoahyuu View Post
Loved it so much ♥
Me, too. Visually excellent (too many great Shinbou-style images; hollow-eyed beat-up Araragi impressive). Philosophically nice (monster sister okay; we're all fakes anyway).

Finally found out why they chose Sakamoto Maaya for Shinobu's voice (for the older Shinobu). Nice work by Shiraishi Ryouko as the assassin. Kitamura Eri may get a seiyuu award for Karen.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 13:39   Link #12
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

A sister that isn't actually your sister. A bit cliche I might say but when you are a siscon why argue against that?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 13:48   Link #13
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

So Kaiki, Oshino, and Kagenui went to the same college and were in the same club. Kinda makes sense. Wonder if there were any other people in that occult club that will make an appearance in the future.

And <3 for teen Shinobu. And, mad granny is scary granny. Now we only have to wait for the adult version in Kizumonogatari . The fight scenes were disappointing, and the episode overall didn't have that much of an impact to me, but just wanted to give it a 10 for the finale.

As for the fake sister part, if you think about adopted siblings, the situations is not so far fetched. You could've lived with a sibling for 20 years without knowing that the sibling was actually adopted, and even when the truth comes out, it probably wouldn't change anything between the siblings and the rest of the family. Difference in blood, be it actual blood or supernatural entity, can't even measure up in front of family bonds.

And the short hair trend continues on. Personally, I find Hanekawa and Tsukihi's short hair good, but I feel that Hitagi and Karen's new hairdo a change for the worse.

Last edited by Nochgo; 2012-03-17 at 14:45.
Nochgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 14:08   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

While I did feel that the episode went by quickly, I also found that this episode had a lot going on a sort of meta level about the show and its overriding themes. Obviously, there was a lot being said about what it was to be a "fake", and I almost think I need to rewatch the whole show to put together what the show is saying about the subject on the composite. But I also thought it was interesting in this episode that they pointed out Koyomi's desire to be treated like a human despite his monster-like qualities (and how he was so affected by treated like a human that he practically played the part in their fight). In a way, that reminded me of his relationship with Hitagi, so when he introduced her (by proxy) as his girlfriend at the end, it tied things together nicely.

At the beginning of the show, Koyomi was struggling with how much to reveal to his family, and felt uneasy about how to broach the subject of his "monster status". He was struggling with how he could be "real" to them. But through this episode (and the show) he found his answer. There are things he can share, but there are also things he'll hide, but he's doing it out of love and to protect them. Both of his sisters already understand that about him full well. And, at the end of the day, that's what it is to be a family.

--

Anyway, to the thread in general, as was added in the opening post, please keep in mind that a Final Series Impressions thread will be posted within a few days, so please try to keep most of your overall comments about the series for that.
Old 2012-03-17, 14:14   Link #15
00Coyote

I Love Sakamoto Maaya as Shinobu's voice. She comes off as arrogant and proud, with the total badassery to back up that tone. Can't wait for Kizu.

Short hair Hitagi does nothing for me -.- as a result, the end scene did nothing to close out this series.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 14:17   Link #16
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Loved the teenage Shinobu. The partly bitten donut pic on the back of hoodie was awesome.
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 15:23   Link #17
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I can't help but think Araragi is a terrible influence on female hair length.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 15:44   Link #18
HandofFate

how much hyperbole is in the anime when Koyomi is getting beat up like this?

While being very experienced in the supernatural, the way the fight went, Kagenui seems more monster than human.

A little preachy, but I liked a lot of Araragi's lines in this episode. Really like the aspect of how he teases his sisters and kind of fights with them a bit, but he cares for them pretty much more than anything.

Despite it being Tsuhiki Phoenix, she didn't really have much screentime, she didn't even know anything happened lol. At least Karen was running around doing stuff. Being usual monogatari fashion, I assume Tsuhiki will have lots of screentime in the next book?
Old 2012-03-17, 16:09   Link #19
chrisbad726

Honestly, will Araragi always be getting his ass handed to him or will he eventually kick ass himself?
chrisbad726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 16:38   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
Honestly, will Araragi always be getting his ass handed to him or will he eventually kick ass himself?
i think that is a given. Monogatari is a dialogue driven show not a action show. Araragi beating someone up to get his point across doesn't really fit.