AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 22:38   Link #21
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
I like X TV even though I prefer more action rather than flashbacks...and they should put more background info on some characters that don't have individual episodes dedicated to them.

The X manga has been on hiatus for more than 2 years now. I'm tired of waiting...as for teh movie and TV series...it's basically the view of two different directors on how X should end.

The Tokyo Babylon OVA doesn't explain anything about SubaruXSeishiro relationship, so I recommend the manga.

Trivia: Do u know that Seishiro is modelled/inspired by one of CLAMP's ex-boyfriend?

When they did Tokyo Babylon, they're together and they broke up when they did X, so that's maybe the reason why they killed off Seishiro.

And Seiichiro Aoki (the guy with the glasses who always with Karen) and Keiichi Segawa (only in manga, Kamui's classmate) are actually exists and they're CLAMP's editor or something.
Budi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 06:03   Link #22
Budi

Send a message via ICQ to Budi
The best Tokyo Babylon site on the net:

http://onmyouji.ainoyume.net/love.html

It has everything to do with Tokyo Babylon.
Budi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 00:36   Link #23
Tsukasa27

I'm bringing this one from the graveyard i guess

Anyways, i just finished X TV and i have to say it's a good series.
The story is quite complex and the first episodes really confusing but eventually, things are explained in due time and it manages to make sense by the end of the show. I also thought the characters were well developed even though there were a lot of them.
The major fault this anime may have is that with the destiny thing ( just like with all animes with prophecy premises ) you kinda know how things are going to evolve for the most part and this takes out most elements of surprise.

Overall, i'd say this one deserves an 8.3/10 from me.
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 01:07   Link #24
strategos

Is the liscense of this series still on?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 02:13   Link #25
Tsukasa27

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Is the liscense of this series still on?
From what i know, the show has been released by Geneon through 8 DVD's about 4 or 5 years ago.
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 03:39   Link #26
navab
バースタド

Send a message via MSN to navab
Ah X 1999, one of the first Anime I watched. (odd I know, usually people start with more shounen-esque style Anime) I was quite confused at that time, I didn't fully comprehend the story, but I still remember enjoying the series. I also loved the art, the gals at Clamp sure know how to draw.
navab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 17:32   Link #27
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa27 View Post
From what i know, the show has been released by Geneon through 8 DVD's about 4 or 5 years ago.
So Geneon... That means the liscense has die T_T?
So, its going to be hard to find the DVDs version of it.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-10, 18:10   Link #28
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

No, RightStuf has complete sets:
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/69869/4/0/0
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-12, 03:43   Link #29
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Wow, I just finished X and it BLEW me away. I am surprised at the lack of love for this title!

I don't know how X flew under my radar for so long, but I love the creativity. Giving birth to an organic sword by exploding in blood? How awesome is that!?

I love the goth emo vibe and the flawless animation, and the music is awesome. I've seen about 200 titles, so I still have a lot to go, but this one has made quite an impression on me.

The whole thing just worked, with all its quirks (like random lickings of blood o_O) and I think this is perhaps the best ensemble cast I've come across, not because they all have big or unique personalities or the fact the good guys fail almost all the time, but because they have mundane conversations before and during their battles and because their filler side stories and backgrounds were fun. I've never seen a group so intent on going with the flow, just waiting for things to happen, but somehow, I don't hate them for it.

There's this odd underlying layer of perversion that somehow permeates the tragic goth vibe, with scenes like telekenetically stripping your adopted clone son naked and dissolving his blood so that it could coagulate into your wounded body and renew you. And, elements like having a prostitute with a religious background. Awesome? I think so!

Although, I kinda wanted to see a series that chooses to not save the world, just for once. I thought this series might really have been one that wouldn't shy away from destroying the world, since the whole series just felt so damn lonely, but I guess saving the world = happy ending = more satisfying.

I don't subscribe to that theory, though.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 17:53   Link #30
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I been wanting to watch this show since forever .... I have missed the dubbs that aired on tV and heard lot of anime fans talking about it . It was the favorite show of one of my friends but the problem was she had it on VHS and the tapes were infected with fungus . So yeah basically searching this show from 2004/2005 . Though I am not much into shojo I love Clamp and gobble up anything by them which is shonen .

So couple of days back I was pleasantly surprised to find this show . been waiting for 4 years and finally get to watch this . I have reached up till episode 6 and seem to enjoy every moment of this show . This show seems to be riddled with nostalgia as all the elements with
this show point towards my school days ^__^
Old 2009-11-03, 19:02   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I highly recommend reading the manga if you're enjoying the TV series. There's so much more in the manga, and it just keeps getting better and better. Especially the side of Fuuma that's only hinted at in the adaptation.
Old 2009-11-04, 20:09   Link #32
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I watched the OVA first quite didn't get it but when I watched it again after following a few episodes of Anime pieces fell into place . One thing though Tokyo Majin has been influenced by X99 quite a lot . Some elements on forming a team are quite similar but this my bias speaking Hiyu/Kyouichi are still cooler : D .
Old 2009-11-04, 20:24   Link #33
Mazryonh

Question Why is the manga still incomplete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
There's so much more in the manga, and it just keeps getting better and better.
When did CLAMP say they were going to finally finish the manga? The anime series had to go out on a limb and make an ending that didn't exist for the manga at that time. I for one would like to see the ending of this series that CLAMP declares canonical.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 04:30   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
When did CLAMP say they were going to finally finish the manga?
The latest official statement was sometime in 2010.
Old 2009-11-05, 10:59   Link #35
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Clamp being a very closed organization and tremendous popularity of Tsubasa / XXXHOLiC (Oricon Volume Sales)... 2010 doesn't quite seem like a reality . If you ask me your going to continue work on a money spinner .
Old 2009-11-06, 03:18   Link #36
prnoct90

Are you retarded, tsubasa just ended and the last volume of holic ships next spring.
prnoct90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-27, 03:26   Link #37
YuriEcchiGirl

I have the complete collection DVD boxset of this series & think it's a pretty cool CLAMP series
Old 2011-08-29, 19:38   Link #38
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Spiral View Post
Hey, guys... I'm new to the forums.... But, I'm a big fan of X-TV and I needed some clarification. Somewhere in the series, Where Subaru and Seishiirou (I think that was his name) were fighting. The part where Seishiirou had been punctured through the chest, he went on about how it was some technique of Subaru's sister. I didn't get that at all... Some one who did, could you explain that to me?
Hokuto cast a spell on Seishiro so that if he ever tried to kill Subaru in the same way that he killed her (ie the hand stab), he would die by that method instead.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 14:10   Link #39
YuriEcchiGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
Hokuto cast a spell on Seishiro so that if he ever tried to kill Subaru in the same way that he killed her (ie the hand stab), he would die by that method instead.
Thank you for clearing that up for us as it also confused me a little at the time aswell
Old 2023-02-06, 08:26   Link #40
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The manga (no idea where to post it) is getting rereleased in Japan. They made new art featuring hints about 18.5 even though it doesn't fit.... so... maybe?

Tags
action, drama