Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-04, 20:16   Link #121
realdeal
The Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodloss2000

Well he was about to use the Resegan on it before Tsunade stopped him ;_;
He shouldnt need rasengan, his strength alone should be able to break that door down.
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 20:41   Link #122
jbruns
Warez Kiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
He shouldnt need rasengan, his strength alone should be able to break that door down.
When there is a great amount of shit behind it? I mean seriously you saw how much there was and last I checked Naruto wasnt uber strong. Even though you have been here for a while, think before you post.
jbruns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 22:01   Link #123
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Naruto really wouldn't have needed the Rasengan to break through the door.

But c'mon...If you had a new uber technique that you wanted to show off, you'd have used it to
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 16:54   Link #124
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
Yes but Naruto's an idiot... a comical idiot hence he couldn't knock down the door :P

<_<

As for the other thing about Konohamaru... yeah at the moment we shouldn't really judge him by his skills but the fact is he isn't that important of a character so thus his past and if he had parents or not isn't really important.
Bloodloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 00:56   Link #125
Naruto4Lifer
Perverted Hermit Styles

Send a message via MSN to Naruto4Lifer
ok honestly, I think you guys are looking too far into what the animators were actually going for and over thinking some things.

1) Naruto was just beginning the Rasengan, it didn't mean he was capable of a perfect shot. You guys saw him before doing it into the tree with the sphere shape but unperfect results. It has to be comical as well, Naruto cannot just break into the door without having stuff hit him on the head. Might as well just throw out the "pause to talk and explain what everything is going on before and after" all fights while you're at it, if you can't tolerate the fact he didnt' go breaking down the door.

2) Tsunade was in fact researching the cell regeneration technique for Lee because she saw how hurt he was and she was wrong about her previous statement that he should quit being a ninja. Her true intentions were for that primary purpose, and if she is successful it would be used as a new technique of hers as well. You get to see who she is actually studying for when Lee's picture fades into her book in the last scene.

3) This episode was indeed a filler, BUT even though it was uneventful, it served a huge purpose of character development. How can anyone watch anything that they would look back and say, "oh that series was great" without episodes like this? Sure we have to wait a week to see them but in the end the end product is always what we like and Naruto-like fashion. That is why you are reading this right now is it not? I liked how Konohamaru(sp?) starts to grow as a person and how Tsunade is starting to accept her role. This episode greatly empasized that fact, because it would be seriously wrong if her free spirited character just came in and was a mature hokage without a transition episode like this.
Naruto4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 03:09   Link #126
Enodu_2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu
man tsunade is as hot as ever... i loved the way she took out all those traps kono made and then chilled will a cup of sake afterwords... she is my kind of woman... even though she is like 50 but ill take it any way

its also great that they gave lee a chance and i hope to see more of him he is a great char.

the pig is dum and annoying... i just thought i'd put that in there
haha, agree 100%
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 07:14   Link #127
Steffa
Ninja Guru

i agree too...i think u hit the spot with that post...u just killed all those kids that have been braggina about the fillers....the fillers are made to fill up space and also where the manga has lacked
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 08:19   Link #128
Nine Tailed Naruto
the 6th Hokage

fillers r fill up space where the manga has lacked as well as to slow down the anime which is already catching up wif the manga and prevent shit like season break or some F***.
Nine Tailed Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 09:25   Link #129
Unit01

FFS if they're going to do fillers, couldn't they have chosen some other chars instead of the kid around duo naruto - konohamaru?
Anime watchers only still don't know much about Ino, chouji, shino, hinata, kiba and probably a bunch of others i haven't mentioned. And like someone already has mentioned, Sakura was actually in a ep and didn't repeat sasuke-kun twenty times. How the hell did konohamaru manage to lift those desks and place them all like that. And that rock?
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 11:27   Link #130
Steffa
Ninja Guru

the anime is bound by the manga...if the anime gave a version of the history of the other characters then the manga might give a different one and we wouldn't know which one is true....so i think it's good that they slow down and show more in depth....i can tell you guys that it wouldn't make sense to make a sidestory or a different arc that reveals more than the manga...the anime needs to follow up the manga...maybe in oav they can do sidestories but they add nothing to it....look at hunterxhunter it's the same
Old 2004-09-06, 13:35   Link #131
ninja massacre

Send a message via MSN to ninja massacre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unit01
FFS if they're going to do fillers, couldn't they have chosen some other chars instead of the kid around duo naruto - konohamaru?
Anime watchers only still don't know much about Ino, chouji, shino, hinata, kiba and probably a bunch of others i haven't mentioned. And like someone already has mentioned, Sakura was actually in a ep and didn't repeat sasuke-kun twenty times. How the hell did konohamaru manage to lift those desks and place them all like that. And that rock?
Yeah, I also want to se more of Shino & co.
But that might ruin the anime...Because Kishimoto (the manga creator if you didn't know) is not part of the anime production team and he decides what's going to happen to Shino & co.
Konohamaru is not such a interesting character, so it was better for the anime to do some shit about him.
ninja massacre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 15:48   Link #132
Enodu_2

Quote:
Do some people need to be spoon fed the conclusion?

They can't do a filler on other (more important) characters because, which was stated a 1000 times now, the animators have to follow the manga as closely as possible. Example: if they expand on shikimaru's past, and kishimito's explanation is just a giant vortex of contradictions...well, we have a problem then, don't we?

I don't see how anyone can actually whine or complain about this filler. It had a good feeling to it, the music played was very good, the atmosphere felt great, and Tsunade had some important/awesome scenes.
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 16:51   Link #133
Bloodloss2000
Someone new

Send a message via AIM to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via MSN to Bloodloss2000 Send a message via Yahoo to Bloodloss2000
So all in all not quite the best episode ever but a decent one non the less ^_^
Bloodloss2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 18:43   Link #134
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

THe anime team could expand on the rest of the characters without treading on Kishimoto's toes (Kishimotoes). Have an episode where, I dunno, Shino's bugs infest Ino's flower shop. An impromtptu game tournament that Shikamaru is in. Get Akamaru a doggy girlfriend. Explore Tenten's fairly obvious crush on Neji. All a bunch of pointless stuff that, in my opinion, would be more fun that watching Konohamaru angst and be annoying.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 01:02   Link #135
Steffa
Ninja Guru

that's a good point but if the manga then makes up different aspects like shino doesn't have a flower shop or something like that
Old 2004-09-07, 02:51   Link #136
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffa
that's a good point but if the manga then makes up different aspects like shino doesn't have a flower shop or something like that
Veritas said that Shino's bugs would infest Ino's flower shop...he didn't mean Shino would have a flower shop...
ShadowClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 13:41   Link #137
Rokl

It was a quite entertaining episode, even if it was a filler (gosh I hate that word).

Tsunade has become one of my favourite characters and it isn't just because of her simple attitude and personality but her other side that came up in this episode, she really wants to help Rock Lee. She has been an interesting person since she came to the series, but this was kind of a big thing to me.

Hope Konohamaru won't get so much attention as he have got during this and the previous episode, not that I would hate him, but he's in a way too naive and I can't imagine him in a "wannabe hero" position when Konoha is in that condition.

I can't wait for the 100th episode! The 100th episode already..
Rokl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 08:40   Link #138
dsn2k

their is going to be a filler arc after ep100.
dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 08:55   Link #139
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsn2k
their is going to be a filler arc after ep100.
And you say this because...?
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 09:25   Link #140
ds'
Über n00b

Send a message via ICQ to ds'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
And you say this because...?
The preview for ep 101 shows that Kakashi and team 7 are going on a mission.
ds' is offline   Reply With Quote