AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 08:42   Link #661
MartianMage

It is an anime original? Wow... just wow... I have no words regarding how silly of them to reverse it like that.

Anyway overall yeah this anime ended up pretty bad. IMO the direction and animation for this is quite good they really know how to set the mood but really not enough to save this anime for it's confusing plot.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:19   Link #662
Kakkou
Tch.

What the hell was that? That made no darn sense at all and is apparently anime original to boot? The asspull at the end in particular was the biggest straw and dealt the most salt to the wound. What made them think any of that made sense or a good idea to begin with? Utterly disappointing.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:28   Link #663
farios

Spoiler for LN Ending:
Old 2013-09-22, 09:43   Link #664
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought this episode was really good on an emotional level --- but yeah, that made no sense like most of this show. Why did Dee not have a body in the real world before? How did neither Alis nor Dee know Alis was the one who died even though they had the article that revealed everything? (that really was a huge spoiler) How did Ai save Alice? So many questions, no answers.

And no, this wasn't anime original. I assume the LNs explained everything in greater details. It'd be nice if someone could fill the plot holes for us.
Old 2013-09-22, 09:49   Link #665
MartianMage

It wasn't an anime original? lol seriously super confusing...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 10:04   Link #666
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'd be very surprised if that was an anime original. Because if anything this show has been very consistent in ending arcs as complete clusterfucks. I'd say it's almost the freaking staple of the show.

Incidentally, does anyone know when the soundtrack is coming out?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 10:20   Link #667
GDB

I liked it. But then again, it seems like I came to terms and accepted the fact that things would be very rushed back around episode 3 or 4. The show's much more enjoyable when you expect that and don't let it put you off.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 11:09   Link #668
Blaat

Honestly the fake-out on the supposedly emotional ending is what annoyed me the most. "Alice is dead! Guess what he's not! hahahahaha fooled ya! END".

That shaking focusing in and out camera effect also annoyed me, in fact things not making any sense (they don't) is what bothering me the least.
Old 2013-09-22, 11:37   Link #669
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well, the plot went completely bonkers by the end of the first arc so yeah, I wasn't expecting this last arc to give us anything particularly different.

One thing's true: the show had charm and atmosphere at least. It's more than I can say of plenty of shows that show up each year. It's a shame that those two things aren't enough to rescue what is an overly contrived plot overall.

I'm still not disappointed in having watched this show thought but probably won't be recommending it to anyone any time soon.
Old 2013-09-22, 12:48   Link #670
erika4dsl

I was in another forum and apparently in the ending,
Spoiler:

So I guess that Alis and Ai would end up falling in love with each other.
erika4dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:03   Link #671
larethian

While I know there's no point seeking sense, coherency and congruency in this story (watching this is just for the heartstrings to be tugged and for the philosophical questions the writer throws at us through the characters), but HTF did Dee become incorporeal in the outside world if she didn't die? Don't tell me that her real body is in the other dimension. And in that case, what kind of body did Alis have in the outside world if he did die?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:31   Link #672
MCAL

I got this from a LN reader, so I thought this was worth a look...

Spoiler:
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:31   Link #673
Rogue66

I enjoy watch it but the story had problem from the start, they must have missed out a lot of bit from the novels, the ending it self was confusing, i wished they explain it better. I think the problem was they try to adapt to many volume of the novel in just 12 episode, but it was an enjoyable watch.

By the way are light novel worth a read.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:35   Link #674
Dop
Mmmm....

I liked this show for its atmosphere and the fact that it was in many ways something different. Maybe it would have benefited from a longer adaptation rather than being shoehorned into 12 episodes, but I really liked its mystery and 'cosy catastrophe' setting.
On the whole if they continued Ai's journey through this world I'd definitely want to watch it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:37   Link #675
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i stopped watching this after the 1st ep caught my interest enough to read the manga then saw Hampnie bashing the living crap out of her for what? being happy?go lucky?grave keeper?

but today i downloaded the last 3 eps and watched them all....god they were good! wish i didnt see that damn manga now, i would of kept with it!
Old 2013-09-22, 13:46   Link #676
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyAI View Post
This show's good at not making any sense.
But damn it looks good doing it ^^
Old 2013-09-22, 13:52   Link #677
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Once you accept the abrupt plot twists and resolutions, the show does well to sell you on the atmosphere, drama, and 'feel goodness' of the story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:15   Link #678
ookamigirl

The truth is finally revealed.
Students were faced with reality they wished so hard it wasn't true.
Looks like Dee wasn't ready to give up the borrowed time.
I'm glad things turned out differently this time, but with a price.
The twist with who's really the dead one was a nice surprise.
Good final episode, but kinda sad too.
It ended like there could be more to come..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 14:37   Link #679
Shinhwa
Banned

I cried after watching this episode... It was just too emotional ;______;
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:20   Link #680
zamas

I'm reassured to see that I'm not the only one confused by the last arc and even by the whole story.

It began with "god abandonned humanity" and then turned into " In fact it's just that everything you truly whish for happens". Doing that bring a lot of potential since you can create whatever story you want. Even people believing they died but not really . It really is a convenient idea.

But still I enjoyed the serie as a whole. Loved the chara design. And the drama. The part with Ai and her dad was really nice. Sad but still nice. Not the best serie for me but I don't regret watching it.

@MCAL : thank for the info. It seems more "logic" with what you wrote here.
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy